ECNL expansion 2021-2022

In the end 99.99% of these girls end up having a career in something other than soccer. Enjoy the ride. Go to the best school that your child can get into.

If soccer can get you assistance that gets you into a school that you could not get into on your own, that is great. If soccer helps a family get the financial assistance they need for their child to go to school, that is great.

If your child thrives on being on a team and feels that the sacrifices are worth forgoing the normal student experience, that is great.

A lot of parents are over the top with this youth soccer pathway and it is borderline toxic. We probably all suffer from being the super type A personality that wants curate our child's soccer experience and youth soccer community is filled with flawed people just like us. I too was one of those parents and I seen now that it was all ridiculous and in the end the time I spent may have been better spent.

Best of luck to all the parents on the board and remind you all to take it easy becuase it all comes to an end at some point. Next chapter, you wil. be hoping to be around for your grandchildren.

Are you ok? Do you take drugs with your tea? Seriously, are you ok? PM me like Fact did and I will let you in on a little secret. Just for you. I cant PM Kicker because he rats me out every time. He even records my conversations at Silverlakes fields 5 years ago and remembers it like it was yesterday. What other avatars are you and lastman and probably kicker use? Be honest with the group too........ All mad at me for some reason. Now what could that be TM? Seriously, are you well?
Your not well. You give me credit one day for being a team manager and now you accuse of me of having another handle inside of 24 hours. It’s insane. Just to be clear I’ve had the same handle for 8 years. Please keep me out of your conversations.

Your not well. You give me credit one day for being a team manager and now you accuse of me of having another handle inside of 24 hours. It’s insane. Just to be clear I’ve had the same handle for 8 years. Please keep me out of your conversations.
I believe you Lastman. I ask because I trip out on how Fact just showed up one day. I do ask one favor of you and your pal Kicker. Please and I mean pretty please, if you see me at the fields, can you kindly turn away and walk away from me and my wife? I promise from hear on out to never mention your name or Kickers name. I will not say a word about TM positions and all that stuff too. I will focus on soccer and expansion, just like YT told me to do. I hope YT can see I dont start these things. In Fact, before 46 baited me yesterday, I was doing just find and dandy.

In your opinion, sure. But, DA was not able to, even with the funding behind it. What you are saying is if US Soccer copied ECNL they could have potentially knocked ECNL off its pedestal. So you are agreeing that ECNL has the most desirable product that people want to compete in.

No I don't' agree with that at all. What I'm saying is the DA leadership thought they could just say we're US Soccer and we don't have to adjust to customer feedback. I remember the Real Colorado DOC saying something along the lines that all things equal they will stay DA but give us two teams in each age group we will come back to ECNL. If ECNL was the most desirable product why give top clubs incentives to come back? It was good business of ECNL to do that to bring back clubs but it doesn't mean the product was the best. In fact it shows that they had go above and beyond to compete with DA. There were plenty of positives about DA and it could have been even better if they made the necessary adjustments.

No I don't' agree with that at all. What I'm saying is the DA leadership thought they could just say we're US Soccer and we don't have to adjust to customer feedback. I remember the Real Colorado DOC saying something along the lines that all things equal they will stay DA but give us two teams in each age group we will come back to ECNL. If ECNL was the most desirable product why give top clubs incentives to come back? It was good business of ECNL to do that to bring back clubs but it doesn't mean the product was the best. In fact it shows that they had go above and beyond to compete with DA. There were plenty of positives about DA and it could have been even better if they made the necessary adjustments.
Oh boy, do I remember. I heard a lot of weird sh*t was going on out in Vegas. I have pals everywhere. I wont share what I know. Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

You seem to care, right? You can;t say no one cares because you care. You even follow me and that's weird. You should say only I and a few rich dads who have something to hide follow me. If you ignore me TM, then you might be right.

I care.

Preach on brother..

I care.

Preach on brother..
RIP Rush!!! I did NOT always agree with him but he was a legend. Said some stupid things ((who hasnt, right clasico bro?). Any way, I'm going to spend time with my best friend. As so many have said, I must be crazy and or on drugs. My poor wife of almost 24 years. You could imagine how hard it is to be married in these times, especially to a nut like me. No laughing matter. Me and her see eye to eye unlike any friend i have. We both give each other time and space as we manuver these difficult times for all of us. Love you guys and be nice to each other at the fields. I promise not to turn away if I see any of you :)

Wrong. Clubs were trying to come back to ECNL after the first year. The reason DA clubs like LAFC/Slammers got two teams was because they already had two teams (one in ECNL and one in DA). So to go back to all in ECNL they would have lost about 5-6 good teams as they would have been combined into only one team. By giving them two teams the DA team slides in as one team and the ECNL team stays in tact. This way the club does not lose money by losing 5-6 of their better teams.

What you said previously is that if DA copied ECNL rules they would have won out. So if DA replicated what ECNL was offering they would have won in your opinion. Of course that is because the assumption is that US Soccer backing would win out. I don't necessarily disagree with that. But ECNL has been strong for over a decade, and in the end they did win out. Their product offering was better than US Soccer's.

Wrong. Clubs were trying to come back to ECNL after the first year. The reason DA clubs like LAFC/Slammers got two teams was because they already had two teams (one in ECNL and one in DA). So to go back to all in ECNL they would have lost about 5-6 good teams as they would have been combined into only one team. By giving them two teams the DA team slides in as one team and the ECNL team stays in tact. This way the club does not lose money by losing 5-6 of their better teams.

What you said previously is that if DA copied ECNL rules they would have won out. So if DA replicated what ECNL was offering they would have won in your opinion. Of course that is because the assumption is that US Soccer backing would win out. I don't necessarily disagree with that. But ECNL has been strong for over a decade, and in the end they did win out. Their product offering was better than US Soccer's.

Before DA those clubs only had one team per age group in ECNL correct? So again, if ECNL was the superior product why did they need an additional team per age group to return? Because ECNL made that offer. Return and get two teams per age group or you're out of ECNL. As a business decision any DOC would take that offer. More $$ having 2 teams on an elite platform. Blues kept a team in each league because they were winning ECNL championships and took advantage of the loophole. And honestly even if DA had copied all the rules I think the offer of 2 teams per age group would have drawn some clubs back to ECNL anyway. It's good business for the club although I think it diminishes the "Elite" tag. A lot of those second teams have losing records in most age groups.

You honestly think people care but they dont man. Why do you think anyone cares , why........
@crush I logged on because I heard about Bob Turner, we go way back, I never liked him and wanted to see if the forum had some info on what happened. That's it. Sorry not lying.

As far as anyone caring, yes you have pissed a lot of people off, but not me. I don't know you so I can't take anything you say personally. I hope you are telling the truth about your dd being recruited. Just please tone it down. With all this cancel culture someone might try to use your posts against your dd and that would be a shame. Seriously, wishing your dd the best. There is plenty of spots in college for everyone that wants to play. Cheers!

l
@crush I logged on because I heard about Bob Turner, we go way back, I never liked him and wanted to see if the forum had some info on what happened. That's it. Sorry not lying.

As far as anyone caring, yes you have pissed a lot of people off, but not me. I don't know you so I can't take anything you say personally. I hope you are telling the truth about your dd being recruited. Just please tone it down. With all this cancel culture someone might try to use your posts against your dd and that would be a shame. Seriously, wishing your dd the best. There is plenty of spots in college for everyone that wants to play. Cheers!

Cancel culture? Do you mean accountability for one’s statements and actions? It’s like someone convinced magats they could say whatever the f**k they want without repercussions. It’s exactly like that person was wrong.

Before DA those clubs only had one team per age group in ECNL correct? So again, if ECNL was the superior product why did they need an additional team per age group to return? Because ECNL made that offer. Return and get two teams per age group or you're out of ECNL. As a business decision any DOC would take that offer. More $$ having 2 teams on an elite platform. Blues kept a team in each league because they were winning ECNL championships and took advantage of the loophole. And honestly even if DA had copied all the rules I think the offer of 2 teams per age group would have drawn some clubs back to ECNL anyway. It's good business for the club although I think it diminishes the "Elite" tag. A lot of those second teams have losing records in most age groups.
Yes, that is correct that they only had one team in ECNL before DA existed. But, what club in their right mind would not want to elite teams (one in each platform)? Only a select few were awarded this privilege. They had to meet certain performance standards. When they were granted this opportunity, they were beneficiaries of additional talent heading to their clubs. So now they have extra talent. From my understanding this two team deal was meant to be temporary to allow this extra talent to graduate out. I do not know that the temporary status of this is still the plan though.

You seem to not understand the financial aspect for clubs. They would not just move back to ECNL and lose all of that money. They needed/wanted to keep their talent/teams for financial reasons.

Slammers left DA because they did not like what it offered. Same with Michigan Hawks. Blues chose to offer both platforms. But all three clubs were able to have two elite teams in each age group. To each their own.

THE DA DEBATE CONTINUES: “IT WASN’T THE BEST FIT.” -SLAMMERS FC

l

Cancel culture? Do you mean accountability for one’s statements and actions? It’s like someone convinced magats they could say whatever the f**k they want without repercussions. It’s exactly like that person was wrong.
Funny....you’ve been on the forum for years before Trump as elected and we’re just as much of an asshat then as you are now. Were you protecting the world from “Magats” then too or is it just your newest excuse to be an asshole?

Last edited:
Yes, that is correct that they only had one team in ECNL before DA existed. But, what club in their right mind would not want to elite teams (one in each platform)? Only a select few were awarded this privilege. They had to meet certain performance standards. When they were granted this opportunity, they were beneficiaries of additional talent heading to their clubs. So now they have extra talent. From my understanding this two team deal was meant to be temporary to allow this extra talent to graduate out. I do not know that the temporary status of this is still the plan though.

You seem to not understand the financial aspect for clubs. They would not just move back to ECNL and lose all of that money. They needed/wanted to keep their talent/teams for financial reasons.

Slammers left DA because they did not like what it offered. Same with Michigan Hawks. Blues chose to offer both platforms. But all three clubs were able to have two elite teams in each age group. To each their own.

THE DA DEBATE CONTINUES: “IT WASN’T THE BEST FIT.” -SLAMMERS FC

I specifically said it was good business. And of course they are going to come up with a reason other than we were going to lose money to justify the reason. Blues were not a threat to lose their ECNL team because they were winning championships. The other clubs were not and were given the ultimatum to either come back and get two teams or lose ECNL. That's why Surf lost ECNL.

I specifically said it was good business. And of course they are going to come up with a reason other than we were going to lose money to justify the reason. Blues were not a threat to lose their ECNL team because they were winning championships. The other clubs were not and were given the ultimatum to either come back and get two teams or lose ECNL. That's why Surf lost ECNL.
Yes many teams lost ECNL that chose to go DA. They did not meet the performance standard to have both, What you and are are not seeing eye to eye on is that the reason ECNL offered some clubs two teams to come back was because these clubs had two teams in two separate leagues (ECNL and DA). Blues did not get two teams to come back later. Surf did not get two teams to come back later. Real So Cal did not to come back later. But, teams like Slammers and Hawks did because they had teams in both leagues, and they wanted back in (and out of DA) on their own accord, not just because DA folded. Once DA folded, no one was offered two teams.

We are going to have to agree to disagree here. As I think others are likely tired of our back and forth.

Trip with the oldest DD this weekend in Arizona and it was good to see the kids have fun and continue to compete. Saw a few of the Legends teams in various age groups that I would assume shift to the ECNL slots with the expansion. The southwest division is deep with talent and more locations for consumers to chose from. Glad to see the landscape and regions get more representation in what can be tough distances to travel for exposure via platform.

Safe travels to those out and about!

Funny....you’ve been on the forum for years before Trump as elected and we’re just as much of an asshat then as you are now. Were you protecting the world from “Magats” then too or is it just your newest excuse to be an asshole?

For the record, I wasn’t here before Cadet Bone Spurs arrived. Anything special planned to mourn that “worthless shred of human debris” Rich Limpballs?

Back