ECNL expansion 2021-2022

This went out to CA ecnl clubs today(got it from a friend whose part of an ecnl club):

This email is being sent due to ongoing discussions regarding the state of play for youth sports in California, and the significant confusion and question that surrounds this issue.

The most recent order from the State of California, from January 25, is available here: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Youth-Sports-FAQ.aspx

Updated in this document, the California Governor’s order regarding prohibitions on youth sports teams traveling out of state applies to participation in all competitions, not just tournaments. This is broader language than previously with respect to travel.

Also updated in this document, teams in California counties with certain “color zones” are allowed to have competition, and may travel to adjacent counties for competition, if they are in the same allowed color zone. Every club should evaluate what is applicable to their organization in this instance.

We understand that there are pending court cases and ongoing lobbying efforts to change these restrictions and orders, some specific to youth sports, and that they may change at any time. If you are aware of changes, please share them with us, and the league will do the same.

US Club Soccer, through its website and in discussion with its staff, has made clear that its insurance and sanctioning do not apply when competitions are held in violation of local or state law. While separate insurance may be purchased by some teams, a lack of formal sanctioning means that referees are not authorized or covered under US Soccer insurance, there is no disciplinary jurisdiction for US Club and US Soccer in the event of disciplinary issues, and there is uncertainty regarding jurisdiction and application of SafeSport provisions.

As a reminder, no ECNL sanctioned competition can occur unless and until it is clear from both CA state and local authorities that participation is not legally prohibited or restricted. We understand the challenges that everyone faces at this time—player, coach, and club—but we believe this is the responsible course of action to protect all involved.

Thank you for all your work. We continue to hope for a return to normalcy in the near future, and we hope to see progress soon.

Sad all the power is in the hands of one person for CA ecnl clubs...and most CA teams in general.

@crush I logged on because I heard about Bob Turner, we go way back, I never liked him and wanted to see if the forum had some info on what happened. That's it. Sorry not lying.

As far as anyone caring, yes you have pissed a lot of people off, but not me. I don't know you so I can't take anything you say personally. I hope you are telling the truth about your dd being recruited. Just please tone it down. With all this cancel culture someone might try to use your posts against your dd and that would be a shame. Seriously, wishing your dd the best. There is plenty of spots in college for everyone that wants to play. Cheers!
Thank you Fact. I dont know who to believe now. However, you were the one who baiting me when I came back on here to see what was up, remember me and Maps? The secret is to slow down and relax. No hurry. I just want to help make things better for the next group of players and their parents who fly and drive and spend thousands each year for a service. I will try and believe you now.

This went out to CA ecnl clubs today(got it from a friend whose part of an ecnl club):

US Club Soccer, through its website and in discussion with its staff, has made clear that its insurance and sanctioning do not apply when competitions are held in violation of local or state law. While separate insurance may be purchased by some teams, a lack of formal sanctioning means that referees are not authorized or covered under US Soccer insurance, there is no disciplinary jurisdiction for US Club and US Soccer in the event of disciplinary issues, and there is uncertainty regarding jurisdiction and application of SafeSport provisions.

As a reminder, no ECNL sanctioned competition can occur unless and until it is clear from both CA state and local authorities that participation is not legally prohibited or restricted. We understand the challenges that everyone faces at this time—player, coach, and club—but we believe this is the responsible course of action to protect all involved.

Thank you for all your work. We continue to hope for a return to normalcy in the near future, and we hope to see progress soon.

They forgot to add "Dont forget that club fees for year 2 of non soccer are due by May" LOL

Hey @allthefellas, @someTMs, all mama bears, former Docs, new Docs and all others reading this, please forgive me again for getting all fired up and letting my old pals trigger me. I got triggered by 46. I was told to watch out and but I didnt listen. I do ask if you guys could just leave me alone. You know who are. Stop it, please. I promise to start focusing on soccer only takes. I have good advice to give. It's all free too and I love to help others. PMs are always welcomed. Thanks to two very nice dads that PM me some words of love and encouragement. I dont hold things in like others. It's good to dump it all out sometimes. No more you guys, please leave me alone. Thank you kindly from me, my awesome wife and ds and dd.

Hey @allthefellas, @someTMs, all mama bears, former Docs, new Docs and all others reading this, please forgive me again for getting all fired up and letting my old pals trigger me. I got triggered by 46. I was told to watch out and but I didnt listen. I do ask if you guys could just leave me alone. You know who are. Stop it, please. I promise to start focusing on soccer only takes. I have good advice to give. It's all free too and I love to help others. PMs are always welcomed. Thanks to two very nice dads that PM me some words of love and encouragement. I dont hold things in like others. It's good to dump it all out sometimes. No more you guys, please leave me alone. Thank you kindly from me, my awesome wife and ds and dd.

This is a truly bizarre post, even by your standards. You do know that if you want to be left alone, and if you want people to "stop, " all you have to do is to stop posting and trying to bring attention to yourself, right?

If it makes you feel better about breaking your addiction to being in this forum 24/7, your "advice" and stories aren't actually very helpful to anyone.

This is a truly bizarre post, even by your standards. You do know that if you want to be left alone, and if you want people to "stop, " all you have to do is to stop posting and trying to bring attention to yourself, right?

If it makes you feel better about breaking your addiction to being in this forum 24/7, your "advice" and stories aren't actually very helpful to anyone.

I get it. Crush rambles and it's tough to read his emails. Crush, keep it simple.
For those that are spewing hatred towards Crush, show your post to your kids and spouse and I guarantee that they would be embarassed to be associated with you.
Last I checked, this was a grown up site to talk soccer and soccer related topics we can agree to disagree. but stop the bullying because none of us are teenagers on this site.

I get it. Crush rambles and it's tough to read his emails. Crush, keep it simple.
For those that are spewing hatred towards Crush, show your post to your kids and spouse and I guarantee that they would be embarassed to be associated with you.
Last I checked, this was a grown up site to talk soccer and soccer related topics we can agree to disagree. but stop the bullying because none of us are teenagers on this site.

Fair enough. Wasn't intending to bully, but parts of my last post were indeed unnecessary and unkind. My sincere apologies, Crush.

I still think the gist is helpful, and it's meant to be in that spirit. If posting is causing you pain because people feel the need to respond and correct what is often misleading information, there is a really simple solution. Don't post.

So getting back on track, anyone hear any further expansion gossip? I’m sticking with my earlier prediction. Handful of clubs added in mid-west & Ohio valley plus Top Hat & FC Virginia if they can bury the hatchet with ECNL and get in.

So getting back on track, anyone hear any further expansion gossip? I’m sticking with my earlier prediction. Handful of clubs added in mid-west & Ohio valley plus Top Hat & FC Virginia if they can bury the hatchet with ECNL and get in.
Top Hat controls that region for GA but I can totally see them jumping to ECNL. FC Virginia might stay though...

Top Hat controls that region for GA but I can totally see them jumping to ECNL. FC Virginia might stay though...

Both Tophat and TSJ Virginia have been trying everything possible to get into ECNL, and have been since last spring when the DA folded.

Both want into ECNL clearly would be assets to the league by any possible criteria, but there are politics involved. Their main backyard competitors, Louden and Concord Fire, are campaigning mightily (and so far successfully) to keep them out.

Both Tophat and TSJ Virginia have been trying everything possible to get into ECNL, and have been since last spring when the DA folded.

Both want into ECNL clearly would be assets to the league by any possible criteria, but there are politics involved. Their main backyard competitors, Louden and Concord Fire, are campaigning mightily (and so far successfully) to keep them out.

Yes. Handful of clubs left in GA in that same boat.

Top Hat- Concord
FCV- Louden
NEFC- FC Stars/Scorpions
Nationals- Michigan Hawks
Cincinnati DA-Ohio Premier

Here in MA Scorpions and Stars are separated by about an hours drive and pull kids from different areas. NEFC is in the middle and would compete for players with both.

Fair enough. Wasn't intending to bully, but parts of my last post were indeed unnecessary and unkind. My sincere apologies, Crush.

I still think the gist is helpful, and it's meant to be in that spirit. If posting is causing you pain because people feel the need to respond and correct what is often misleading information, there is a really simple solution. Don't post.
I forgive you

I’m not convinced that it’s a bad thing being “left in GA”. Respected leadership that’s trying to navigate through the most challenging environment I can think of. My kid loves her coach and team mates, they’re learning and improving. Go GA!
You will find out soon bro if it's good, bad or flat out ugly thing. Respect is key word and i respect you for your positive spin. I love your attitude and I'm sure your dd is learning one way to be. Me however, I was pissed off bro in 2016 until just recently when the GDA was crushed and knocked out. That league only lasted three sum seasons. GA seems stronger and for the kids. I hope it can stay in business longer then three years. I even shared with others how pissed off I was. I believe in getting stuff off your chest too :) Today, the tables are turned. 2021/2022 ECNL is the place to be if you want competition and the real challenge. I wish your goat could come over and play with us. I do wish both leagues nothing but the best :)

I’m not convinced that it’s a bad thing being “left in GA”. Respected leadership that’s trying to navigate through the most challenging environment I can think of. My kid loves her coach and team mates, they’re learning and improving. Go GA!
Keep your eye on the ball. Ask any college coach and they will tell you that a player's environment is key to their development. Leagues are important but a stable environment and a happy athlete are more important.

The GA has their work cut out for them. Their leadership team is legit and respected and looks like they are willing to work across league lines.

Back