ECNL expansion 2021-2022

On side note, is it just me or does the new(ish?) ECNL logo leave a lot to be desired? I wouldn't call the previous logo great but I liked it and I think a refresh rather than a total overhaul would have been fine. I can only assume that with the addition of Boys ECNL, they wanted to move to one branding image, but I feel like they really missed the mark with both the design and the color.

Yeah, I’m still trying to figure out what it is.

This is why you should play SCNL. The logo is much better. You look at the logo, and it makes you think of soccer.

View attachment 10172

The ECNL logo makes me think of sheet metal manufacturing. You can even see the bottom sheet being bent into a stronger shape. Maybe one of those interlocking roofing panels...

View attachment 10174
I'm not a fan of the ball in new SCNL logo. The left side in blue looks good and I like the player. I hate the grey area. ECNL logo, redo is in order. Is that a leg kicking a ball or a large index finger flicking something? You're now the #1 league in the country, logo needs to go. I offer free critique on logos and branding. Tag lines? No problem. I want to know how the approval process goes like at ECNL HQ. Does a group all vote?

I'm not a fan of the ball in new SCNL logo. The left side in blue looks good and I like the player. I hate the grey area. ECNL logo, redo is in order. Is that a leg kicking a ball or a large index finger flicking something? You're now the #1 league in the country, logo needs to go. I offer free critique on logos and branding. Tag lines? No problem. I want to know how the approval process goes like at ECNL HQ. Does a group all vote?
We certainly have first world problems..

Speaking from experience, I’ll take a slow traffic jammed drive down the coast for 2-4 hours with a stop at Pizza Port in Solana Beach on the return trip over a monotonous 4-5 hour trip between Houston and Dallas on I-45 or 7 hour trip to OKC from Houston with only Buckees to stop and get some jerky.
I know you would! How’d I miss this post. You did forget to mention the 4 pack of IPA’s from Pizza Port.

Blues, but I would say that regardless of what club I am with. The DA standings speak for themselves. Then you look at all of the top players that left the club after DA folded and they are even weaker. I am just stating this by standings. Nothing more. West Coast was a very solid club a handful of years ago. In my opinion they made a mistake in rebranding to OC Surf. Then they wisely decided to return to their original West Coast brand. Unfortunately for them, DA folded at the same time. It was a bad combination.

After my DD started playing in ECNL and DA I discovered Pizza Port. Kind of like the place. Maybe I shouldn't say I discovered it. Others parents said lets meet up at one of their locations.

It's solid for sure. Good pizza and excellent beer. What more could a frazzled soccer parent ask for? I like the Carlsbad location personally, if only for it being larger and less crowded overall (I'm getting old and get irritated by crowds more frequently these days). Encinitas does have that great beach pizza hovel feel though.

Back