Blues COVID email

OK, I contacted some Blues people I know. Here's what the email said. 2 coaches and 1 player tested positive. Based on their lack of exposure to each other and the timeframes of positive tests, they did not contract it from each other. The teams those people are associated with are on a 2 week break.

That's it. Unfortunately for all the Blues haters there is no outbreak within the club, just 3 isolated incidents. Hopefully now that the contents of the email are out there the rumor mill can stop.
There are many organizations that aren't sharing that information so good for the Blues being forthright with the information.

What would be critical? stop trying to bully your way to getting that person to post. Its the same as every other story that is on the news. One person got it and gave it to the next. It doesn't really matter the important part is to protect yourself at all times. period. we have all been warned and given the knowledge to prevent spreading it to others. If you let your guard down there is nobody to blame except the individual.
We are in the middle of an epidemic that has killed close to a million people worldwide, and you are worried about helping Blues cover their ass?

The rest of the soccer community kind of needs to know if Blues is having a soccer related outbreak. Otherwise, other people will do what Blues did and make their own outbreaks.
[/QUOTE]
it doesn't matter. PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES! assume everyone has it. It's call universal precaution.You won't get it if you distance ,wear a mask and most importantly wash your hands. Back when the aids virus hit we were told this. Unless you know everything about your partner's past you are taking a chance if you did not protect yourself. And don't give me the grandparents blah blah blah. protect them too. if you are worried stay home just like with the aids virus if you are worried then be celibate and even with that you could get it with a blood transfusion.

I find it kinda funny that many many people were thumping their chests about how they won't be told when/where they can play. That they're all pumped up to drive 5+hrs out of state to scrimmage a team they are normally a 30-40min drive from. That Covid-be damned and that "their goats need to play da game" and so on and so on. Then someone comes along mentioning a possibility of exposure somewhere and everyone screams "SHARK" and runs out of the water all scared and demanding answers. You all sound surprised with this new revelation as if it wasn't going to happen.
If you decided it was that important to go play that tournament, or scrimmage, or whatever and wherever..then you should be responsible enough to
deal with the possible consequences.

I'm not saying we haven't hung out with family and kept proper social distancing and everyone wore a mask at all times. Far from it. We've tried doing our part. Same for me and my wife. Both essential workers. Even at both of our jobs it isn't ideal conditions and compliance is not 100%.
I think by now everyone on this board is pretty well-informed about all things Covid. It's up to us to filter thru it all and act accordingly and try to keep ourselves and loved ones as safe as possible. Eventually this will all pass and hopefully life will return to normal. Good luck and stay safe to all.

But don't come onto some soccer forum demanding answers when you knew the risks before you took them. You can't have it both ways.
My .02

I find it kinda funny that many many people were thumping their chests about how they won't be told when/where they can play. That they're all pumped up to drive 5+hrs out of state to scrimmage a team they are normally a 30-40min drive from. That Covid-be damned and that "their goats need to play da game" and so on and so on. Then someone comes along mentioning a possibility of exposure somewhere and everyone screams "SHARK" and runs out of the water all scared and demanding answers. You all sound surprised with this new revelation as if it wasn't going to happen.
If you decided it was that important to go play that tournament, or scrimmage, or whatever and wherever..then you should be responsible enough to
deal with the possible consequences.

I'm not saying we haven't hung out with family and kept proper social distancing and everyone wore a mask at all times. Far from it. We've tried doing our part. Same for me and my wife. Both essential workers. Even at both of our jobs it isn't ideal conditions and compliance is not 100%.
I think by now everyone on this board is pretty well-informed about all things Covid. It's up to us to filter thru it all and act accordingly and try to keep ourselves and loved ones as safe as possible. Eventually this will all pass and hopefully life will return to normal. Good luck and stay safe to all.

But don't come onto some soccer forum demanding answers when you knew the risks before you took them. You can't have it both ways.
My .02
To my knowledge those that were affected did not go to Utah.

I never mentioned any state in particular. People are driving EVERYWHERE for their sport, hobby, etc. My brother just came back from AZ for baseball for one of his kids.
Point being..even if you are doing something here at home regardless of any guidelines or recommendations then you run the risk of exposing yourself
and your loved ones to possibly contracting the virus.
All I'm saying is don't scream "SHARK" when you are also out there chumming the water.

I want to confess before my brethren today. I too at one time had Blues Envy. Man, when my dd would play them in her early years and we would always lose, I dreamed one day of crushing them. I never dreamed that the Wizard of the Blues and the Great Gaffer would come and watch over 10 games of my goat playing all over socal. Emails, phone calls and long talks on da phone. It was professional all the way and it cured me of my Blues Envy when dd signed for one year contracts two years in a row. I then started to have Surf Envy. The way they played and the way they teach possession soccer, I was full of envy and had to go get that too. Anyway, I put all my envy to death last year and now I dont give a sh*t!!!! I just want to help my dd play another soccer game against any team willing to play. It dont matter. ECNL, DPL, GA, SCDSL, High School or any team for that matter. TGIF!!!

Yet another overreaction related to Covid. Knowing the age of some of the Blues Coaches, I hope those who did get it recover soon.
No one died, you or your loved ones didn't get it, so that's your idea of an over reaction? In other words, who cares about everyone else as long as I'm good? The long term affects of this virus are not fully known, but now everyone knows what it can do and there are countless stories of what it does to people. Clubs are going to keep putting out these emails so when someone sues them they can at least say they tried to warn others.

To be fair...it seems the only ones screaming SHARK are the ones who have been screaming shark now for some time.
The ones who are not screaming SHARK should be asking themselves why they are not worried and why they do not care if they get the virus or spread the virus, and are most likely acting on now old information that it is not dangerous and cannot hurt anyone.

Back