Blues COVID email

We are in the middle of an epidemic that has killed close to a million people worldwide, and you are worried about helping Blues cover their ass?

The rest of the soccer community kind of needs to know if Blues is having a soccer related outbreak. Otherwise, other people will do what Blues did and make their own outbreaks.
Are you really from Nocal? You seem to care a lot about the Blues. You live in Nocal or Socal? Interesting that you care so much about all the their injuries and all their recruiting. So much jealousy on here.
[/QUOTE]
It doesn’t matter which club it was.

It does matter whether it was an out of state trip, independent scrimmages, the swap meet clinics, a coach planning meeting, or a team bonding sleepover.

And it only matters because, whatever it was, the rest of us should avoid that kind of activity.

@Lulu22 Great job today! You earned the “Troll of the Day” Badge...you got a lot of people really fired up on Taco Tuesday no less. Can’t copy and paste, but can work a smart phone...got it ;)

I always wonder what would posses somebody to share a club email, internal policy, or club business that was meant solely for members of the club. Seems kind of shitty to me. Clubs make mistakes, but they also do a lot of things right, some wrong, some good, and some bad...just like all of us. I don’t think any of us would like our professional communications or mistakes posted and picked at on a message board to get flamed. No affiliation to Blues, regardless I do know I would not be posting my DD’s club’s internal communications, etc. even if I had an axe to grind. Just does not seem like the right thing to do for me. My vote is don’t post it.

Anyway...let’s get back to bullying @Lulu22 to paste the email before he/she changes their handle and we don’t know who they are anymore.

@Lulu22 Great job today! You earned the “Troll of the Day” Badge...you got a lot of people really fired up on Taco Tuesday no less. Can’t copy and paste, but can work a smart phone...got it ;)

I always wonder what would posses somebody to share a club email, internal policy, or club business that was meant solely for members of the club. Seems kind of shitty to me. Clubs make mistakes, but they also do a lot of things right, some wrong, some good, and some bad...just like all of us. I don’t think any of us would like our professional communications or mistakes posted and picked at on a message board to get flamed. No affiliation to Blues, regardless I do know I would not be posting my DD’s club’s internal communications, etc. even if I had an axe to grind. Just does not seem like the right thing to do for me. My vote is don’t post it.

Anyway...let’s get back to bullying @Lulu22 to paste the email before he/she changes their handle and we don’t know who they are anymore.
I disagree. Clubs act like a monopoly. They do not own the players or families. If there is relevant information that could help others, share if, if not, don't start a rumor thread.

I disagree. Clubs act like a monopoly. They do not own the players or families. If there is relevant information that could help others, share if, if not, don't start a rumor thread.

There must be 500 youth soccer “monopolies” in SoCal. That’s a lot of monopolies. I’ve never seen so many monopolies competing against each other. It’s almost like the exact opposite of monopolies.

There must be 500 youth soccer “monopolies” in SoCal. That’s a lot of monopolies. I’ve never seen so many monopolies competing against each other. It’s almost like the exact opposite of monopolies.
I think what Outside is saying is that each player should be rented and free to rome wherever they want to after or even during the season, Players are rented for one year. In Monopoly, you "buy" the player and then try and make money off their likeness and accomplishments. I could be wrong.

ACLU, you’re with Blues. And you care about stopping covid.

What did you guys do wrong that the rest of us should avoid?

No names, please.

So I picked the wrong word, I should have picked fiefdom. Clubs try to act like they own information and players. They only share negative information when forced to.

The most important part of my post was the second part. The best use of this forum is for parents to share information. If the OP has information that can help others make informed decisions, they should share it without compromising player privacy. If there is on relevant information, do not start rumor threads.

OK, I contacted some Blues people I know. Here's what the email said. 2 coaches and 1 player tested positive. Based on their lack of exposure to each other and the timeframes of positive tests, they did not contract it from each other. The teams those people are associated with are on a 2 week break.

That's it. Unfortunately for all the Blues haters there is no outbreak within the club, just 3 isolated incidents. Hopefully now that the contents of the email are out there the rumor mill can stop.

OK, I contacted some Blues people I know. Here's what the email said. 2 coaches and 1 player tested positive. Based on their lack of exposure to each other and the timeframes of positive tests, they did not contract it from each other. The teams those people are associated with are on a 2 week break.

That's it. Unfortunately for all the Blues haters there is no outbreak within the club, just 3 isolated incidents. Hopefully now that the contents of the email are out there the rumor mill can stop.
3 disconnected cases in a large organization is a non story. Slammers and everyone else probably have that many.

Nobody is talking about owning players or anything like that...I’m just speaking about sharing member-only communications on a public forum. If was intended to be there, it would have been posted there to begin with. There is a difference between sharing what you “know” and posting club communications/emails. I get it people like to have the “scoop”. Whatever, to each their own.

Yet another overreaction related to Covid. Knowing the age of some of the Blues Coaches, I hope those who did get it recover soon.
Essential workers get the virus. Coaches are exposed and so were the thousands at the beach this last weekend. How many times you think the virus walked into Trader Joes yesterday? Stater Bros? Guess what, you either got it now, had it or will get it. That I can assure you all. Eat healthy and stay in shape. Meditate if you can. My gosh, after 53 years, I learned how to sit still for 30 minutes and close my eye. My wife goes away for 90 minutes and I can;t wait to reach that kind of peace. My peace time is early in da morning Kicker. I'm going so deep, it's incredible. I learning some really neat and insightful stuff. If you want the scoop, let me know.

All the incentives being created right now are for sick people not to get tested (unless they are so sick they are required to for entry into the hospitals). If you get tested, your team might get shut down. If you get tested, you might get stories about "outbreaks" at your club. If you get tested, you might add to the positivity county in your county prolonging school and business shutdowns. If you get tested, you'll get 14 day quarantined and have to deal with the contact tracers. If you get tested, you might wind up a false positive. And with schools and most offices shut, the pressure points for the govt to find the cases are also narrow.

Whatever email the Blues may have sent to their families is none of our f'ing business. What's wrong with people? Has the fear of Covid completely distorted your sense of what's right and wrong?

So let me ask you this. Let’s just say these players attended a tournament and are also practicing in a private field where other teams are practicing.

Wouldn’t the right thing to do is notify others that could have been impacted.

My dd practiced with several Blues and Slammers players a few months ago at a private field in the OC. If someone from the blues team (Or any other team) would have contacted the virus, it would be great to know to test my daughter. This would be the same for any other club.

Let’s also keep in mind that several players also did that indoor soccer camp in Anaheim.

So let me ask you this. Let’s just say these players attended a tournament and are also practicing in a private field where other teams are practicing.

Wouldn’t the right thing to do is notify others that could have been impacted.

My dd practiced with several Blues and Slammers players a few months ago at a private field in the OC. If someone from the blues team (Or any other team) would have contacted the virus, it would be great to know to test my daughter. This would be the same for any other club.

Let’s also keep in mind that several players also did that indoor soccer camp in Anaheim.
Would that be nice to know, wouldn't it? Our system works ass backwards and all this information kept secret.

Back