Guidance are not for everyone

You have made quite clear before your lack of compassion for anyone but yourself and your attitude that it sucks to be you if you are vulnerable. You aren't at risk to die so your want life to carry on as normal.

Why are you even discussing in a chat that has nothing to do with your community? Why don't you go in your own community and discuss your narcissistic views.
You know what my compassion tells me? That if my kid, myself, or another family member were at risk, we would not be out at school, playing soccer, etc. We would be playing it safe. And you know what else we would do? We would NOT ADVOCATE that those not at risk stay at home and do nothing just because we need to avoid risk.

That is what compassion is. Selfish is saying since I am at risk and shouldn't go out, nobody else should.

12063822_755891971206793_9206250096398951963_n-300x243.jpg

Talk about projecting? Speak up big boy.

You know what my compassion tells me? That if my kid, myself, or another family member were at risk, we would not be out at school, playing soccer, etc. We would be playing it safe. And you know what else we would do? We would NOT ADVOCATE that those not at risk stay at home and do nothing just because we need to avoid risk.

That is what compassion is. Selfish is saying since I am at risk and shouldn't go out, nobody else should.
Compassion, or lack thereof, also just doesn't apply to Covid, but to many other "afflictions" that have a much greater probability and higher risk. The whole "you're gonna kill grandma" babble is so narrow minded, selfish, tired and factually remote. Let kids get back to soccer but most importantly, in person learning (if they and their parents so choose). The overwhelming science supports it.

wow, really?

Yeah. Really. "Compassion for me but not for thee" is a hallmark of morons. There's a reason we're getting torn up in the world today and it's because of this "I don't give a shit until it directly affects me" attitude that has been on the rise. Take some goddamn responsibility for your community, not just yourself.

On edit: this is what team sports is supposed to be teaching us, and a whole shitton of you completely missed that lesson.

Yeah. Really. "Compassion for me but not for thee" is a hallmark of morons. There's a reason we're getting torn up in the world today and it's because of this "I don't give a shit until it directly affects me" attitude that has been on the rise. Take some goddamn responsibility for your community, not just yourself.
Are you ok today?

Tell us a story about the time you twisted your ankle playing pickup football in the park one summer day back in 91 before you went to visit Tommy's burgers before it broke into all the different chains, that'll make it all better.
It might, actually.

We all need a bit of a distraction. Peace, EJ and NITF.

I understand completely what you are saying. Anyone that comes into contact with others should be wearing masks. But until we have a vaccine, are any of us going to want our high risk relatives out and about, even if our numbers were only 10% of what we are now?
This is a great question. For me, everything is about risk management. Yes ideally, to reduce the risk to 0, I should never leave the house and never allow my children to leave the house. That isn't good for any of us and most likely would cause severe depression in 2 out of 3 of us.

My friends and I have wrestled with the question as it comes to older parents and they are seeing them decline fast because of not having their normal schedule. We came to the conclusion that quality of life was more important and to not keep them locked up thus they take a risk doing their normal activities with as much safety as possible.

I have one friend that works at an elder care facility and while the residents do not have COVID, their mental faculties are declining at a very fast rate from being locked up in their rooms. They have decided to take the risk and do socially distanced visits outside and let them eat in the dining area socially distanced with safety measures in place because of quality of life.

My management strategy has been for the kids to take part in activities that are low in risk of spread based on the numbers in our local community. Basically everything they do is outdoors socially distanced. My oldest daughter is the one I am most concerned about but even she turned around and left from Irvine Spectrum this last weekend because it was so crowded with several people without masks. She chose a less risky activity.

Unfortunately, we, as with a large number of other people that are vulnerable, have to make choices based on how our community is responding to the Pandemic so we are counting on our community to do what it takes to not increase the spread unnecessarily. Based on the research I have done and the various statistics I watch religiously, I do not believe socially distanced practices as they are today increases that risk.

I believe we need to balance the needs of the whole community thus kids need to have something that is somewhat normal and I do not have any problem with all of the outdoor activities that are occurring even though I do not partake in them. People need a sense of normalcy and I get that. We just need to be smart about it and not choose an all or nothing approach leaving out segments of the community with little thought as a few have suggested.

I think a lot can change in the next 3 months in the way of treatment and knowledge so I am feeling hopeful. I think it is very doubtful any soccer games will be played before the end of the year for reasons I previously stated.

Tell us a story about the time you twisted your ankle playing pickup football in the park one summer day back in 91 before you went to visit Tommy's burgers before it broke into all the different chains, that'll make it all better.
Sometime you have to, "take one for the team." The team is about the American Youth. Sometimes you have to sit out while others get to play. Millions of healthy kids need to get out and play now!!!. Their is no reason I can see at this time to keep kids off the fields. That is not harsh, it's reality and the truth. All play or no play is insane. This is all becoming clear to me and their is a little fight to hold on to the past but those days are over. Eagles need to play first during these difficult;t times. The sparrows, Humming bird, Blue Jay and other birds play when it's safe and theirs nothing wrong with that. BTW, I have never sprained my ankle in hoops. No joke. I twisted it a few times but no break or sprain.

Last edited:

On edit: this is what team sports is supposed to be teaching us, and a whole shitton of you completely missed that lesson.
It's Okay to disagree, but it's not Okay to come out all pissed off at the word. Relax.

4brvwl.jpg

Sometime you have to, "take one for the team." The team is about the American Youth. Sometimes you have to sit out while others get to play. Millions of healthy kids need to get out and play now!!!. Their is no reason I can see at this time to keep kids off the fields. That is not harsh, it's reality and the truth. All play or no play is insane. This is all becoming clear to me and their is a little fight to hold on to the past but those days are over. Eagles need to play first during these difficult;t times. The sparrows, Humming bird, Blue Jay and other birds play when it's safe and theirs nothing wrong with that. BTW, I have never sprained my ankle in hoops. No joke. I twisted it a few times but no break or sprain.

What’s funny about this is that even @Desert Hound knows deep down that he’s on the wrong side if he’s agreeing with @Ellejustus about something.

You have made quite clear before your lack of compassion for anyone but yourself and your attitude that it sucks to be you if you are vulnerable. You aren't at risk to die so your want life to carry on as normal.

Why are you even discussing in a chat that has nothing to do with your community? Why don't you go in your own community and discuss your narcissistic views.
Gotta love the tolerance.

I presume you are calling me a Liberal? I don't believe that is allowed and also shows your ignorance. I am not a Liberal. I am a logical thinker that weighs information based on logic and evidence. COVID is not a political issue though people like you have made it that. I have presented facts and statistics Dessert Hound on many many occasions and he constantly presents statistics that are faulty in one way or another or he cherry picks his data. I do not need to do it again. The point is clear....he is discussing in a chat that he is not a member of the community so he should butt out.
Hate to break it to you, you’re a liberal.

Calling out the number of kids who have died from the virus is not the issue. The issue is in comparing that number to the total population. We don't live in a country of 330 million kids. It's that subtle "hey I'm going to throw a large number in here to try to muddle the issue" that's the infuriating bit. It's almost as bad as saying "we've done 71 million tests, of course we're going to have a large number of cases."

Back