Guidance are not for everyone

Great Park was great tonight. I walked around and saw kids playing soccer and baseball. It was nice to see the kids playing. I saw mask on all the adults and kids as they walked to the fields. Great job everybody on following the guidelines set out by those over us. I was impressed.

I was at the Great Park yesterday-- most teams were complying with guidelines, except for the three West Coast FC teams I saw that clearly had no intention of enforcing social distancing or following CalSouth rules. They had a group of youngers playing a scrimmage. They also had two groups of older players doing full contact drills. A parent of a child with a West Coast FC player also was being asked to have their kid participate in a full-contact scrimmage this weekend. So I guess the rules aren't for West Coast FC.

I was at the Great Park yesterday-- most teams were complying with guidelines, except for the three West Coast FC teams I saw that clearly had no intention of enforcing social distancing or following CalSouth rules. They had a group of youngers playing a scrimmage. They also had two groups of older players doing full contact drills. A parent of a child with a West Coast FC player also was being asked to have their kid participate in a full-contact scrimmage this weekend. So I guess the rules aren't for West Coast FC.
Rules are made to be broken or changed

Good for them. More teams will follow. San Diego County is no longer on the COVID watch list. OC is almost out of it. There's only 40 days before SCDSL/CSL league season begins. Let's open it all up.

And guess what? As a result of pool drownings, states passed laws that require all new pool construction include fences. Amazing, no? The answer wasn't "well we are going to have to live with a certain number of kids just dying every year", there was action taken. This whole "well we can't do anything about this virus, might as well just break a few eggs" bullshit is infuriating and I am sick of heartless goons just tossing out numbers when it's lives you're talking about.

what was your stance last fall and every other fall when flu the season hit? were you shutting down practices until every player provides proof of vaccination?

didnt answer my question. were your players allowed to play without the flu vaccine in past seasons?

Are you really going to start up the "it's no worse than the flu" argument again? That's been shot down again and again and again and again. Please stop. Do your kids have the MMR vaccine? Why? "iT's nO wOrSE thAn mEaSlEs..."

Are you really going to start up the "it's no worse than the flu" argument again? That's been shot down again and again and again and again. Please stop. Do your kids have the MMR vaccine? Why? "iT's nO wOrSE thAn mEaSlEs..."

actually no. you stated "I am sick of heartless goons just tossing out numbers when it's lives you're talking about"

I am assuming your threw your hands up last year and screamed from the mountain top about the lives lost from the flu, correct? if your stance is to shut it all down for covid since we "are talking about lives" I'm certain you have had this fight in years past. "CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season" that seems to be a lot of lives. where is your outrage and concern of risking our innocent children's lives in years past? any mandatory vaccinations required by the club? a life is a life according to you, correct? what is the difference? please sxplain.

If i am considered a "goon" for looking at the data and see an incredible low risk data rate for my kid to enjoy life, what is the issue? if i dont want to be a goon, how do i proceed further? where do you suggest i get my information? message boards and twitter? cnn and fox? since it's goonish to look at stats and see the low numbers. What am i missing? please explain

I am assuming your threw your hands up last year and screamed from the mountain top about the lives lost from the flu, correct?

WE. HAVE. A. VACCINE. FOR. THE. YEARLY. FLU. Not nearly enough people get it. Go get the flu vaccine - it's available right now! Go get it! That's how you stop being a goon.

WE. HAVE. A. VACCINE. FOR. THE. YEARLY. FLU. Not nearly enough people get it. Go get the flu vaccine - it's available right now! Go get it! That's how you stop being a goon.
The Flu Shot is NOT a vaccine it’s a seasonal vaccine because the Flu changes year to year and they put forth their best guess. This so many still get the Flu. Hell H1N1 still circulated globally. Everyone thinks a vaccine is going to be the end all be all for C19 and it’s not.

Last edited:
More dry heat jokes:

"So is my oven, but I don't stick my head in there"
"It's a dry heat? Well you can lick my wet arse"

Zonies will tell you its only a hot a couple months out of the year, yet half of Phoenix spends 2/3 of the year in Mission Beach. Sorry Desert Hound.
Outside of going to SD and the surrounding area for league games or showcases, I have not spent much time recently in SD. I usually prefer to go to Puerto Penasco and hang on the beach there. Closer drive.

That said...SD is rather popular with many in AZ.

Back