Guidance are not for everyone

Black? Latin? How old are you?
Let’s start with sending the Illegal latinx home, what would that do to the numbers?
It would make your apples go to $10 a lb and meat to $20 a lb. Your gardener will be charging you $300 a month and there will be a big gap in low paying jobs with nobody willing to work. I don’t see our American high school kids willing to take those back breaking jobs.

It would make your apples go to $10 a lb and meat to $20 a lb. Your gardener will be charging you $300 a month and there will be a big gap in low paying jobs with nobody willing to work. I don’t see our American high school kids willing to take those back breaking jobs.
Not only that, but Liga MX can’t play in San Diego without visas. Beyond that, don’t feed the troll. Immigration belongs in off topic.

Bro, what are you smoking??
Go look at cdc stats. When you have 270 deaths total nationwide out of 168k deaths there is about zero risk.

If you are curious they also list flu deaths over the same period for that age group and that is 170 or so.

I guarantee you that you nor parents etc think twice about that amount of flu deaths and happily go on with your lives. If you think the difference between 170 vs 270 nationwide is a big difference you don't understand stand numbers very well we'll looking at risk

Supply and demand.

Not only that, but Liga MX can’t play in San Diego without visas. Beyond that, don’t feed the troll. Immigration belongs in off topic.
I just asked what the COVID numbers would be if there were no illegals in Ca.
They tend to live in close quarters and are super spreaders, why you hatin bro?

And guess what? As a result of pool drownings, states passed laws that require all new pool construction include fences. Amazing, no? The answer wasn't "well we are going to have to live with a certain number of kids just dying every year", there was action taken. This whole "well we can't do anything about this virus, might as well just break a few eggs" bullshit is infuriating and I am sick of heartless goons just tossing out numbers when it's lives you're talking about.
And again you have no idea what you are talking about. We don't shut down schools, sports, etc because of pool drownings. We mandate a fence and move on.

We understand the relative risk of having pools and live with the fact some don't make it.

In a country of 330 million just 270 people under 24 have died due to covid.

They can play soccer without any real risk. And parents can sit on the sidelines with a mask. Every one will make it.

Go look at cdc stats. When you have 270 deaths total nationwide out of 168k deaths there is about zero risk.

If you are curious they also list flu deaths over the same period for that age group and that is 170 or so.

I guarantee you that you nor parents etc think twice about that amount of flu deaths and happily go on with your lives. If you think the difference between 170 vs 270 nationwide is a big difference you don't understand stand numbers very well we'll looking at risk

First, risk is not just the “deaths,” it’s perhaps other lingering issues with the lungs and heart. I personally am not worried that my dd’s will die, but I tell you one thing, if they did get Covid, as athletes who may have a college career, it definitely does worry me.

And I don’t trust you on the 170 v. 270 over the “same” time period. You’ve posted articles that say the opposite of what you are trying to prove.

Sorry that is not a lot when you are talking about a state of 7 million. And you are talking about 200k who have tested positive for covid.

And these were not healthy kids. They had serious health issues to begin with.

Perspective. 10 kids out of 7 million residents. 10 kids out of 200k positives. And the CDC assumes 10x positive numbers gets you to actual infections...so 10 kids out of 2 million.

Nationwide you only have about 270 people who have died of covid in the age group 24 and under.

This is a soccer forum dealing with pretty much only people under 24. Mainly youth soccer...and then a section of college soccer.

The risk factor to this group of people is effectively NIL.
So it is actually 11 kids under 19 and "5.3% of all corona virus hospitalizations in the state are kids".

So it is actually 11 kids under 19 and "5.3% of all corona virus hospitalizations in the state are kids".

Wow, a lot of caveats to that report - many states don't report hospitalizations, inconsistent reporting of age of a "child" and, again, I'd point out that it doesn't make sense to compare the states that are part of the second wave versus the northeast in the first wave. We learned a lot from the debacle in NYC. I would assume states are now doing a better job of protecting those most vulnerable - old folks in and out of nursing homes. If AZ had any success in doing so, that would naturally raise the percent of cases/hospitalizations and deaths in other age groups. Given all that, AND the fact that "COVID" deaths are not reported consistently across states, compare these numbers across states at your own peril.

Here you go. USA CDC numbers Covid deaths ages 1-24. 275 total. Same time period 21,544 deaths from all causes. Top 3 causes for deaths for ages 1-24 are Accidents (unintentional injuries), homicide, and suicide. I'm much more worried about these three death possibilities for my two teen girls than I am with Covid.

1597677614657.png

Here you go. USA CDC numbers Covid deaths ages 1-24. 275 total. Same time period 21,544 deaths from all causes. Top 3 causes for deaths for ages 1-24 are Accidents (unintentional injuries), homicide, and suicide. I'm much more worried about these three death possibilities for my two teen girls than I am with Covid.

View attachment 8667
Agreed. It's important to understand the trade-off. It's not, "If we protect them from COVID, their risk is zero", but it feels like that is how many view the pandemic.

First, risk is not just the “deaths,” it’s perhaps other lingering issues with the lungs and heart. I personally am not worried that my dd’s will die, but I tell you one thing, if they did get Covid, as athletes who may have a college career, it definitely does worry me.

And I don’t trust you on the 170 v. 270 over the “same” time period. You’ve posted articles that say the opposite of what you are trying to prove.
GO TO THE CDC WEBSITE. You don't have to believe me, look at the data.

I have posted the direct link many times. You never look.

I suspect you don't want to go because at that point you will realize that data shows about ZERO risk. Go look it up. The CDC reports these numbers WEEKLY. And they do a breakdown by age group. And they show covid deaths in one column. And in another you can look at flu deaths. Don't take my word for it. Take 3 minutes and look at it.

And "perhaps" other lingering issues? So now you hang your hat on something that is speculated by some? Where there is no real data to show that?

If we had a boatload of people who had lingering issues...we would see it constantly reported DAILY.

We get occasionally the anecdotal news report here and there about an individual. But just in the US we have 3 million who have RECOVERED from the covid. If there were any statistically significant signs of lingering issues it would be heavily reported.

Time to play soccer!!!

So a small number.

Under 20 in AZ is about 1.6 million people.

So you are telling me that when 11 people die in this age group there is some big risk?

You are telling me that when 11 out of 1.6 million die that is a reason to shut down schools, stop sports, etc?

You are making an emotional argument not based on data.

The data shows this age group has no real risk.

Time to play soccer!!!

GO TO THE CDC WEBSITE. You don't have to believe me, look at the data.

I have posted the direct link many times. You never look.

I suspect you don't want to go because at that point you will realize that data shows about ZERO risk. Go look it up. The CDC reports these numbers WEEKLY. And they do a breakdown by age group. And they show covid deaths in one column. And in another you can look at flu deaths. Don't take my word for it. Take 3 minutes and look at it.

And "perhaps" other lingering issues? So now you hang your hat on something that is speculated by some? Where there is no real data to show that?

If we had a boatload of people who had lingering issues...we would see it constantly reported DAILY.

We get occasionally the anecdotal news report here and there about an individual. But just in the US we have 3 million who have RECOVERED from the covid. If there were any statistically significant signs of lingering issues it would be heavily reported.

Time to play soccer!!!

View attachment 8667
Of course I am worried about my daughter getting it and giving it to me as well as other vulnerable people in our community and I am worried about all of the unknowns as it relates to my kids. Historical data is only as good as the amount of history your are analyzing.

Of course I am worried about my daughter getting it and giving it to me as well as other vulnerable people in our community and I am worried about all of the unknowns as it relates to my kids. Historical data is only as good as the amount of history your are analyzing.
I believe we have a responsibility to our community as a whole.

We went back to practice Saturday as a team. 14 girls out of 18. 2 of the 4 that missed have family members that are high risk so they aren't showing up right now. The other 2 were out of town.

Every girl walked to a cone with their bag wearing a mask. 7-8 feet apart. In shade. It was hot. Sat and waited until they were temp checked using infrared on forehead. All used hand sanitizer at this time. Then went out to the field in designated areas. Coach wore his mask the whole time. Ran a number of dribbling drills, passing drills, did some running, but no rondo at this time since that would require playing defense. Did some shooting from distance as well.

Took a few breaks as they would jog back to their bag. At the end they all sat by their bags and had team discussions. Only real mistake they made was walking off the field when everything was done not wearing their masks. They were reminded to put their masks back on. None of girls used their hands to pick up soccer balls except the keeper. 14 and 15 year old girls did a good job overall.

Back