2016-17 ECNL 03 Season

Before Bababooey found a great home for his dd at OC Strikers, we would have guessed that he would have given his left nut to have her at Blues. He has always said a lot of good things about them. When you try to regulate everything that is said on the forums, it's easy to lose your way. Assuming way too much about a lot of people here and way too defensive. doubt Blues coaches care what any of us say around here.

Thanks Sparky, you always know how to get me to respond........Yes, we found a good home at Strikers OC. I never angled to get my dd on the Blues team. However, I do have great respect for the organization and its players. Blues has a narrow focus on what they want to be as a soccer organization and it has proven to be very successful over the years. That is where my fondness for the club comes from. Since our move to Strikers OC, I have had the pleasure of meeting multiple Blues parents and those that I have met are very nice people. In fact, my dd has become very good friends with a Blues player.

Personally, I am not sure if I really want my dd at Blues anymore. I have to admit I am tired of the drive to the OC Great Park and Lake Forest and that is a shorter drive than The Ranch.

To be perfectly honest, I would prefer we go back to our original club team. Getting the dd to buy into that idea has not been going as I had hoped.

Well looks like the out of state ECNL teams showed up in a big way today:

Real So Cal 9-0 over Serrano (ouch)
Blues 5-0 over Heat
Eagles v SC Del Sol not posted yet from today

Tough start to the weekend for them

Eagles lost 1-0 vs Del Sol
Good game, Eagles had several shots on goal. Just couldn't get it in the net. Del Sol got a good cross off late in the first half and hung on from there.

Based off this past weekend's results, it would appear that both Sereno and Heat are clearly not at the same level of the So Cal ECNL teams. Del Sol did well with a win on Saturday and a tie on Sunday.

Heat was outscored 14-1 and Sereno was outscored 13-1. I wonder if there was any value for the teams that played Heat or Sereno this weekend? I guess there could be value in experimenting with the positions during these blowouts. As for competitive games, not so much.

Based off this past weekend's results, it would appear that both Sereno and Heat are clearly not at the same level of the So Cal ECNL teams. Del Sol did well with a win on Saturday and a tie on Sunday.

Heat was outscored 14-1 and Sereno was outscored 13-1. I wonder if there was any value for the teams that played Heat or Sereno this weekend? I guess there could be value in experimenting with the positions during these blowouts. As for competitive games, not so much.

I think there was "value" for us this weekend...just being able to score a few goals hopefully helps our girls confidence-levels, since I think we went three (3) consecutive games (dating back to Blues Cup) without recording a "goal for" in the match.

Hoping the girls use this past weekend as a stepping-stone for the remainder of the first half of the season and maintain the scoring trend!

Nice to see the out-of-state girls play hard all game long...never giving up at any moment throughout the day!

Back