2016-17 ECNL 03 Season

Ok when you feel a few of the SW teams are not that competative againt others. Just look at the NE Standings.
I feel bad for the poor bucks... 67 GA in 10 games, ouch

upload_2016-10-17_21-7-55.png

ECNL season is physically demanding from practice to game time. I have seen and heard of soooo many injuries this year. Girls are sharpening their edges, and it shows in the play. The goals against average for the entire league is ridiculously low, albiet two teams. Even a lower team in points, such as WCFC, is only giving up an average of 1.5 goals a game. My point is the games are hotly contested week in week out, and collarterally overtime in these demanding games injuries do happen. Hope your DD is ok!

ECNL season is physically demanding from practice to game time. I have seen and heard of soooo many injuries this year. Girls are sharpening their edges, and it shows in the play. The goals against average for the entire league is ridiculously low, albiet two teams. Even a lower team in points, such as WCFC, is only giving up an average of 1.5 goals a game. My point is the games are hotly contested week in week out, and collarterally overtime in these demanding games injuries do happen. Hope your DD is ok!

1.5 goals a game seems kinda high to me!

1.5 goals a game seems kinda high to me!
You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make them drink! A game that is close in nature will bring up the competitive nature in kids. FYI, half the teams in the EPL have at least a 1.5 GA average. The top team has a 1.0 GA average.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make them drink! A game that is close in nature will bring up the competitive nature in kids. FYI, half the teams in the EPL have at least a 1.5 GA average. The top team has a 1.0 GA average.

I hear ya. I'm just saying a goal and a half a game is a ton. Especially in girls soccer. Now if we are talking EPL let's be honest. The men don't defend and there are a ton of creative goals and quite a few better finishers than 12 and 13 year old girls soccer. If the top team gives up a full goal a game these must be some high scoring affairs. I am a year removed from my player being a U18 ECNL player so U13 was so long ago it's hard to remember what the scoring averages were. I know in my players current playing situation none of the teams in the top half of league give up more than a hair over a goal a game (1.1 or something like that) and most are at a goal or less per game. No worries I hope that it stays competitive and that all the players develop as they should.

Strikers v. Blues game was one of the best games I have seen in a while...from our team-play perspective...as well as, the overall play for both teams.

Very fast pace play...with great passing/build-up from both squads - what a great game to watch for sure!

This was really the first chance I have had to see this Strikers team and WOW...they are really a great team!

Good luck to everyone this weekend...we will be sitting at home getter ready for Halloween with a team bye checking on the scores from time-to-time - so keep the updates coming!

Strikers v. Blues game was one of the best games I have seen in a while...from our team-play perspective...as well as, the overall play for both teams.

Very fast pace play...with great passing/build-up from both squads - what a great game to watch for sure!

This was really the first chance I have had to see this Strikers team and WOW...they are really a great team!

Good luck to everyone this weekend...we will be sitting at home getter ready for Halloween with a team bye checking on the scores from time-to-time - so keep the updates coming!

Thanks for the comments Generik. Pretty cool that you attended the game and provided this commentary since your player is sidelined.

Which leads me to a question to the Forum.......What is the protocol for injured players in regards to attendance of games? Does the parent make the call to attend games or does the coach make the call?

Thanks for the comments Generik. Pretty cool that you attended the game and provided this commentary since your player is sidelined.

Which leads me to a question to the Forum.......What is the protocol for injured players in regards to attendance of games? Does the parent make the call to attend games or does the coach make the call?
In my personal opinion, injured players should always be at games cheering on their Team, unless they physically can't be at the game due to their injury. All about supporting your Team!

We first asked the coach if her attendance would be a distraction - he approved her sitting on the bench to cheer on her team even though she cannot get out onto the field....I think attending is a great way to support the team.

I also think distance is a factor - with local games our attendance is easy...but I am not sure we will travel with the team to some of the away games...but we will ask the coach again for his suggestions when we cross that bridge later next month.

One of the players on my older DD's '02 ECNL team blew out her ACL a few weeks before Far West Regionals. Her and her family still made the trip out to Boise (quite a drive from SD) and they still make it to a majority of away and home games to support the team. Her presence is a constant reminder to everyone of what true commitment and dedication looks like.

Any predictions this weekend? A lot of soccer games...

Saturday games:
Wc vs Sc Del Sol-tie
Slammers vs Heat-Slammers win
Strikers vs Sereno-Strikers win
Surf vs Real SoCal-Surf win

Sunday games:
Eagles vs Real SoCal-Real SoCal win
Strikers vs Sc Del Sol-Strikers win
Wc vs Sereno-Wc win
Surf vs Heat-Surf win

Good luck to all of the Team's this weekend! Going to be perfect soccer weather!!

Back