2016-17 ECNL 03 Season

Arsenal roster can/will change based on what 03's play. Randy has a ton of talent to choose from to build his teams vs. opponents. Good problem to have for him. If no 03's (who play on 02 team as well) - I believe 4 or 5 girls - were in line-up this past weekend then the 3-0 win vs. Blues is even more impressive.

Arsenal was the better team for sure....faster, stronger on the ball, first to every ball, and put the ball into dangerous spots on the field all game long! The Blues struggled to get any type of attack going at all...I think Arsenal had a 6 to 0 advantage on corner kicks in the game...I am not even sure we had a shot on goal.

Not a good way to start a season off for sure...so hopefully the girls can regroup and figure things out quickly - with Surf making the trip up to the OC next weekend, things will not get any easier.

How were the other games this weekend...anyone see the Surf/Slammers match?

Arsenal roster can/will change based on what 03's play. Randy has a ton of talent to choose from to build his teams vs. opponents. Good problem to have for him. If no 03's (who play on 02 team as well) - I believe 4 or 5 girls - were in line-up this past weekend then the 3-0 win vs. Blues is even more impressive.

I am not 100% sure of this...but I know most of the 02 rostered "play-up" girls that we saw at Surf Cup - and they were not on the 03 Arsenal team this weekend - from what I could tell...those girls were all on the 02 Arsenal team that played the Blues Baker team after our 03 match.

So yes...very impressive win for the 03 Arsenal squad this weekend - I was curious as to what this team would look like...and I think we got our answer!

The intensity that Arsenal plays with is very impressive. In the few times that my dd's team played RB's team in the past, those Arsenal girls were in the face of the opponents immediately which limits their time on the ball and space. If you are not ready for that, it will completely take you out of what you want to do. Arsenal is one of those teams that just makes you look bad during the game.

Funny thing is that earlier this year, the story (rumor) was that Arsenal management told RB that he could have either the 02's or the 03's, but not both teams. I guess Arsenal management changed their stance on that issue.

Congrats to Strikers, Arsenal and Surf on their opening day wins.

With the 02 Arsenal team getting crushed yesterday by the Baker girls, this might happen more often than not...

I am curious to know if the Arsenal girls will be looking for DA clubs at the end of the season or will be sticking it out. It is a bit of a shame that things are again up in the air this year as we see teams beginning to jell.

Arsenal has several girls playing up in both the 03 & 02 ECNL teams. RB has a few 04s that played in the game with the 03's. Can players move up and down between ECNL teams at liberty?

Arsenal has several girls playing up in both the 03 & 02 ECNL teams. RB has a few 04s that played in the game with the 03's. Can players move up and down between ECNL teams at liberty?

As I understand it...anyone rostered on an ECNL team can play-up within the club on another ECNL team - they just cannot play for two (2) teams on the same day...same is true for any rostered "play-ups" - if a girl is playing up on an ECNL team...she could play for the older squads or play-down to her true age...as long as she isn't playing two (2) games on the same day.

The one difference to this is ECNL teams can use their sister squads that are non-ECNL to dual-roster players - these are girls playing for both their clubs non-ECNL team and ECNL squad.

We have one (1) girl on our team that is rostered with her 05 true-age team (yes...05! and if you didn't know who she is, you would never be able to pick her out as being a few years younger than the other girls!)...but played this weekend with our ECNL team since that game didn't conflict with her 05 team games.

Hope that makes sense and is accurate...and feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

As I understand it...anyone rostered on an ECNL team can play-up within the club on another ECNL team - they just cannot play for two (2) teams on the same day...same is true for any rostered "play-ups" - if a girl is playing up on an ECNL team...she could play for the older squads or play-down to her true age...as long as she isn't playing two (2) games on the same day.

The one difference to this is ECNL teams can use their sister squads that are non-ECNL to dual-roster players - these are girls playing for both their clubs non-ECNL team and ECNL squad.

We have one (1) girl on our team that is rostered with her 05 true-age team (yes...05! and if you didn't know who she is, you would never be able to pick her out as being a few years younger than the other girls!)...but played this weekend with our ECNL team since that game didn't conflict with her 05 team games.

Hope that makes sense and is accurate...and feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

One thing to add, per the ECNL website, all players must have a ECNL US Soccer card. This is not the CalSouth player card.

How are the girls that played 04 last year keeping up with the older girls? Has anyone noticed any major differences? So far I feel like they have looked pretty much the same...

How are the girls that played 04 last year keeping up with the older girls? Has anyone noticed any major differences? So far I feel like they have looked pretty much the same...
From the very little I have seen, I feel like the 04/05 players don't stand out like they did in previous seasons playing with only their own age. They also are playing limited time when they are used to playing the entire game and are not as much of an impact player any longer. I am sure a very different dynamic at this point for both dd and parent.

Back