2016-17 ECNL 03 Season

From the very little I have seen, I feel like the 04/05 players don't stand out like they did in previous seasons playing with only their own age. They also are playing limited time when they are used to playing the entire game and are not as much of an impact player any longer. I am sure a very different dynamic at this point for both dd and parent.

I wonder if the 04's and 05's that are rostered to 03 ECNL teams is done for the benefit of the player or to placate the parent's ego? It doesn't make any sense to me, but I am not an expert like the ECNL coaches.

I wonder if the 04's and 05's that are rostered to 03 ECNL teams is done for the benefit of the player or to placate the parent's ego? It doesn't make any sense to me, but I am not an expert like the ECNL coaches.

Agree that some of it might be done to keep mom and dad happy . Very easy to roster a girl as the 19th-30th player and never dress her for games. But this is ECNL, where results matter, so the youngers that actually play must belong there. Hard to believe that the competitive clubs would play kids for any other reason other than winning.

I know we are only 2 weekends in but I never would have predicted that Socal Blues would be at the bottom of the SW standings.
upload_2016-9-18_13-8-41.png

Glad we finally had a chance to square-off against Surf this weekend - I think that was the first time these two (2) teams have met all year long!

I have watched them play many times...and they did exactly what I expected...move the ball all over the field with pace...and place perfect through balls to create offensive chances for their forwards.

In the end...they scored on us in the last five (5) minutes of the game on a great goal from the top of the box - congratulations Surf...what a fun team to watch!

For our team...we have to find ways to be more creative to get the ball into our offensive third of the field...our play has just been a bit too predictable (IMO) as we try to build up our offensive push from the midfield.

These teams are just sitting back and waiting for us to make the "typical" pass to the next player...and at this level, you will not get many chances on net against these elite defensive squads.

All that said...I loved our girls fight, effort, and energy this weekend...so much better that what we came out with against Arsenal the weekend before!

Not sure if there is such thing as a "must win" this early in the season...but I think that just may be the case for us this weekend - even if the win just gets our girls over the emotional hump of going scoreless for so long...and not necessarily back in the hunt for top-spots in the standings!

Soccer is great that way...lots of ups and downs along the way - we are just looking for that next "up" to hopefully catapult us forward on a nice little winning streak!

Completely agree. The Baker forward that played with them at Surf and West Coast made them a different team. That girl can put up goals in a hurry.
Agreed, she is an impact player and is the offense for the entire team. With the discovery players and Baker player, they are all impact players and the Team will see huge results with these players. Without these players, the team should be competitive against all ecnl teams but may not win against all of them.

upload_2016-9-19_10-13-14.png
Last weekends results: Anyone have any comments on the games. Apart from West Coast vrs Eagles, some fairly predictable results.

Has anyone seen these Arizona and Nevada teams yet?

Curious if anyone has any insight/information to share on what we can/should expect when we all take the fields against them next week.

Politics at the finest.....and it hurts the 04/05 Team results as well. I would think that dual rostering these players would benefit both teams.

Has anyone seen these Arizona and Nevada teams yet?

Curious if anyone has any insight/information to share on what we can/should expect when we all take the fields against them next week.
Sereno scored 0 goals and gave up 12 goals in 3 games @ Blues cup against 3 non ecnl teams.

Politics at the finest.....and it hurts the 04/05 Team results as well. I would think that dual rostering these players would benefit both teams.
Baba & Barca,
You might want to get the facts before the facts get you.

First, any parent who has his/her DD playing in club soccer is doing so for both player development and parental ego. Most coaches, and certainly those in the Blues' organization, have an idea about players' abilities and are not just succumbing to "politics." BTW, politics are in every walk of life and quite evident on this website.

Secondly, one of the under-aged girls is rostered to an age-relevant team within the club. The other has been in the club for many years and most certainly has the qualifications and the connections to be on any of a number of teams, should that be the choice of her family.

Sereno scored 0 goals and gave up 12 goals in 3 games @ Blues cup against 3 non ecnl teams.

We asked a parent on the Sereno squad that was at Blues Cup this year about their team...and she said that the team at Blues Cup was not their ECNL team....but their "second" team.

I could be wrong...but that is what we heard from their parents.

Baba & Barca,
You might want to get the facts before the facts get you.

First, any parent who has his/her DD playing in club soccer is doing so for both player development and parental ego. Most coaches, and certainly those in the Blues' organization, have an idea about players' abilities and are not just succumbing to "politics." BTW, politics are in every walk of life and quite evident on this website.

Secondly, one of the under-aged girls is rostered to an age-relevant team within the club. The other has been in the club for many years and most certainly has the qualifications and the connections to be on any of a number of teams, should that be the choice of her family.

The only fact that I used in my post you are referencing to is that I am not an expert like the ECNL coaches. There is no arguing that point. My other sentence was a statement, not a fact.

I do thank you for your post though Coach Bobak. See you on the pitch.

We asked a parent on the Sereno squad that was at Blues Cup this year about their team...and she said that the team at Blues Cup was not their ECNL team....but their "second" team.

I could be wrong...but that is what we heard from their parents.

I hope this is true. I watched the Sereno team that was at Blues Cup as they played before my dd's games two times. Not impressed with either game I saw. They did not seem to have any impact players or a real sense of purpose on the field. I mentioned to a couple of the parents on our sideline that our EGSL team would likely be favored against that Sereno team.

Obviously you will get a front row seat when you play them this season. I don't know much about the two AZ ECNL teams, but neither organization seems to challenge the So Cal ECNL teams at the top of the standings.

I hope this is true. I watched the Sereno team that was at Blues Cup as they played before my dd's games two times. Not impressed with either game I saw. They did not seem to have any impact players or a real sense of purpose on the field. I mentioned to a couple of the parents on our sideline that our EGSL team would likely be favored against that Sereno team.

Obviously you will get a front row seat when you play them this season. I don't know much about the two AZ ECNL teams, but neither organization seems to challenge the So Cal ECNL teams at the top of the standings.
The Sereno team for spring season was dreadful. Like 10+ goals delta in talent.

Back