Who's playing What?

For this reason I am assuming most 09 teams will play up to 08s in order to play 11v11.
I am a bit surprised by Blues’ choice here. Also I am not sure what Eagles team that is but I doubt it’s the ECNL...
"No More Headers for this tourney------and more kids on Bench so sad.

Had our first State Cup game last weekend. Since it's random draw in our state, we ended up playing #3 team in MD ranked just behind us. I was a little nervous going in...My DD ended up playing like a girl on fire scoring all 5 goals in our 5-0 win. After that game we commuted to another field where she logged her first official ECNL minutes with the 2008 team. Not going to lie, I really enjoyed the day. Felt like I was watching my U-little playing again.

So I see the talk about National Cup? I think this is the same as USYS State Cup but not sure. Certainly agree that 6 teams is crappy. We only had 9 teams in Maryland.

Had our first State Cup game last weekend. Since it's random draw in our state, we ended up playing #3 team in MD ranked just behind us. I was a little nervous going in...My DD ended up playing like a girl on fire scoring all 5 goals in our 5-0 win. After that game we commuted to another field where she logged her first official ECNL minutes with the 2008 team. Not going to lie, I really enjoyed the day. Felt like I was watching my U-little playing again.

So I see the talk about National Cup? I think this is the same as USYS State Cup but not sure. Certainly agree that 6 teams is crappy. We only had 9 teams in Maryland.
"My DD" Awesome stuff Mars. Special song for your DD. My DD loved this song when she was younger. Now, it's a whole new style of music that I'm trying to be more supportive of.

From flight 2 in the spring straight to Flight 1 discovery?
Is Flight 1 Discovery higher than ECNL or ECRL? My understanding was that most of the very talented girls will be moving on to ECNL or ECRL.

From flight 2 in the spring straight to Flight 1 discovery?

flight 1 is going to be diluted with the best players and teams moving to ECNL.
I am surprised that they have discovery at such a young age. Discovery should be a year out for the 09 age group.

flight 1 is going to be diluted with the best players and teams moving to ECNL.
I am surprised that they have discovery at such a young age. Discovery should be a year out for the 09 age group.

Well there are still a few good players and teams that are not part of the elite clubs so hopefully flight 1 will still be competitive.
I agree on Discovery, I thought you had to be promoted to that division..

Well there are still a few good players and teams that are not part of the elite clubs so hopefully flight 1 will still be competitive.
You do. This might be a sales pitch by that team. You can’t just say add yourself to discovery.

I think a good portion of Discovery division will be teams that are in flight 2 right now. I only see a handful of flight 1 teams that are not playing a letter league in fall (Sand & Surf, South Slammers, LUFC, CDA Fullerton). Don't really need "promotion" if you're a bigger/well known club and have interest in putting a team into Discovery.

Had a two team withdraw from Super Copa this week. One spot was filled by current #1 Solar Ultra. The other spot is still open as far as I know. Can we get a California team please? GOATS? Mambacitas? Beach FC? Legends?

why have they backed out?
Colorado Rush DiBiasi and Real New Jersey backed. Not sure why Rush backed out but guessing Real Jersey are losing players after Spring and have not had such great results lately.

IMO, I don’t think anyone has a chance against what will be the Solar ECNL team. Not even MatchFit.

I think a good portion of Discovery division will be teams that are in flight 2 right now. I only see a handful of flight 1 teams that are not playing a letter league in fall (Sand & Surf, South Slammers, LUFC, CDA Fullerton). Don't really need "promotion" if you're a bigger/well known club and have interest in putting a team into Discovery.
Add Liverpool, Strikers, rangers, legends fc, cda Whittier, and several others. Discovery should be based on flight 1 requirement in the spring. Why water down discovery. What’s the point of discovery if anyone can opt in.

Colorado Rush DiBiasi and Real New Jersey backed. Not sure why Rush backed out but guessing Real Jersey are losing players after Spring and have not had such great results lately.

IMO, I don’t think anyone has a chance against what will be the Solar ECNL team. Not even MatchFit.
I take this back. After watching video, Matchfit is the better team. I think Players might be better too.
I know its going to be a hot mess on a 9v9 field.

Add Liverpool, Strikers, rangers, legends fc, cda Whittier, and several others. Discovery should be based on flight 1 requirement in the spring. Why water down discovery. What’s the point of discovery if anyone can opt in.
Seems like a hard year to know what level you are at... with most of flight 1 in spring going to ecnl/ecrl, how do you know if the top flight 2 teams are better than the bottom flight 1 teams? Plus it’s hard to even know if a top team in north is as good as a middle team in south or west.. they should have a mini play in tournament.

Back