What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

The other thing is if your team practices at a school site in LA (or in any county that adopts similar guidelines) you'll likely not be able to practice or have to practice with limitations that drive people away (e.g., masks during practices).
Having kids wear masks while working out and practicing is horrible. I personally will not force my DD to do this, we have way more data now and understand the virus better than 3 months ago. We as parents just need to take precautions after practice for the kids. I think Surf cup will be the grand reopening of youth soccer in socal and things will get back to normal for the players after that. Feel free to make stricter guidelines for the parents but let the kids play. We can handle and obey them, they just want to get back to doing something they really enjoy.

Makes no sense. Most of these CRL teams missed out on Vegas Showcase etc...and will be looking forward to Surf Cup for sure.

$$$ Cutthroat time $$$. Pirate code

For olders adequate prep, training, team, scrimmage, etc time is really needed before jumping back into full tournament play.

The return to play process really needs to get going and have clear timelines before some are willing to spend new money on somewhat of a gamble consider the tight schedule and unknowns

Makes no sense. Most of these CRL teams missed out on Vegas Showcase etc...and will be looking forward to Surf Cup for sure.
I don’t think many out of area teams are travelling for Surf this year.

surf is probably a local tournament this time, if anything.

On the other hand, if you are out of area, your own local tournament probably looks a little stronger.

On the other hand, if you are out of area, your own local tournament probably looks a little stronger.
Makes sense. The other important question is how many college coaches and from what regions of the country will attend.

Agreed in a sense, you wont get Texas or Washington but Nevada and Arizona are probably still in because it is driving distance.

I just don’t see any tournaments this summer. If kids are playing games at all by August it will be local and 1 game at a time with limited number of people involved.

16 weeks out is August. We have no vaccine... At an 1% to .5 % mortality rate (CDC is lowering their estimate due to political pressure..eg Italy data) ... I don’t see anything happening this year... Currently no medical professional is going to sign their name for kids to go back to play... Adults are one thing... children under 18 are another.

"I saw the first soccer camp going on advertised on the soccer boards for Temecula. Large crowd of kids, no distancing. I'm pretty much in the "we are overreacting" camp but doubt I'd let me kid attend that..."

I wouldn't hesitate to send my kid to a camp as long as it was a camp my kid was interested in attending.

[/QUOTE]
16 weeks out is August. We have no vaccine... At an 1% to .5 % mortality rate (CDC is lowering their estimate due to political pressure..eg Italy data) ... I don’t see anything happening this year... Currently no medical professional is going to sign their name for kids to go back to play... Adults are one thing... children under 18 are another.

thats 0.05% and 0.10% just to clarify on the mortality rate Tex

Yeah might as well one of these counties will get something through eventually but that's just the first step. Facilities still need to be opened, permits issues, insurance, sanctioning by...going to take some time so yeah July

Anyone else see the post that Surf Cup is on for August 7-9 for older girls? Older Boys are scheduled even earlier, August 1-3. Are they crazy? Full crazy games for kids who have not had games since March. It's all about the money for them $$$ even though they say it is to get players in front of coaches. Youngers don't need it yet they are also scheduled later in the month.

thats 0.05% and 0.10% just to clarify on the mortality rate Tex
[/QUOTE]
Quite a bit of difference between .5-1.0% and 0.05-0.10

CDC's best guess was .26% with a range of .1 to .8%. New York study was .8% but the nursing home outbreak skews the death count higher (Please don't cite Stanford at me...it's been widely shown to be flawed). France was .7%. The Italy study released a few weeks ago was .65%. The Spain was the worst one at 1.1%. Given all that, and given the nursing home problem which has skewed the death count upward, my best guess is somewhere between .4%-.9%.

To put it in perspective, that means if you catch it you have a better than 99% chance of surviving. It is anywhere from 4x-9x deadlier than the flu. If you are a child, you have a better chance of surviving it than the flu. For the old, it gets much more risky around age 65 and then increases severely in risk with age. For everyone else, it's about on par for the flu (slightly less for the younger, slightly worse for the older up to 65).

There may never be a vaccine just like so many other viruses. Life goes on. You don't have to send your kids to any tournaments. There are a lot of people that would. You can take the year off. There are lots of people out there that are ready to play right now specially at higher levels. All they need to do is sign a waiver and get going. The chances of kids getting very sick from this virus is less than getting hurt in an accident.

Anyone else see the post that Surf Cup is on for August 7-9 for older girls? Older Boys are scheduled even earlier, August 1-3. Are they crazy? Full crazy games for kids who have not had games since March. It's all about the money for them $$$ even though they say it is to get players in front of coaches. Youngers don't need it yet they are also scheduled later in the month.

Cal south CRL for olders play in is even earlier in July out on Norco where it's 100 so yeah putting there interests first without even published back to play guidelines

Realistically I just don't see a large tournament happening that soon

Realistically I just don't see a large tournament happening that soon
You don't need to "see it" or "believe it" for the tournament to happen. For parents who aren't comfortable, they can keep their kids home. The parents who are comfortable can attend the tournaments. As more and more data come out there is going to be less and less ground to stand for counties and cities to tell business's they can't operate. If they are opening the beaches than they can open Surf Cup

Back