What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

I don't know how it will work, and my kid has not shared any details of what her cub is doing. But if I were the coach, I would break the team into two groups of 9 (1 keeper in each group & assuming 18 are ready to train). Sessions are as back to back as I can make them. 1 group is ending while the next group is warming up would be ideal. Get the girls working on conditioning, long passes, through balls, longer range ball movement, etc... Yes you would need a large area to work with, but if you can find that (while not breaking any rules) then it would be a way to get back into some type of rhythm. I don't want anyone to get sick or spread the virus, but I would like to see some small return to normalcy, for her mental health and mine.

yep- will definitely require most teams to be broken up into 2 sessions. Will coaches get paid extra for this? Will parents pay more? Will sessions be shorter in length (IE- half of you work on fitness on your own by running around the park for 45 minutes, while the other works on soccer for 45 minutes)
Regardless of what works out for each club/team/player - It will be great to get back out there.

yep- will definitely require most teams to be broken up into 2 sessions. Will coaches get paid extra for this? Will parents pay more? Will sessions be shorter in length (IE- half of you work on fitness on your own by running around the park for 45 minutes, while the other works on soccer for 45 minutes)
Regardless of what works out for each club/team/player - It will be great to get back out there.

My guess is some coaches will be grouping player into the A team (starters) and the B team, particularly if there's a keeper with each.

Yeah let's hope June not July but kind of late of June permits.

In any case with limited 9 players going to required twice the time or twice the field space both which cost more money. Times that by 5 teams and the costs add up.

Covid19 surcharges could be a common extra free so won't be surprised to see those in youth sports also.

That maybe not go down smoothly since everyone should some what have a chance to earn spots in preseason.and 11 are needed for either.

Coaches play favorites. There's also the keeper equivalency problem. If you only have 1, well who does the keeper go with (does the other squad shoot on an empty net...not very fair to the keeper to have to rotate practice times between 2 squads)? If you have 2 and they aren't equivalent, who gets the weaker one?...anyone with the weaker keeper is going to get bent out of shape they are on the "B" squad, unless you put the top scorers on that squad (which shortchanges both the lead keeper and the top scorer's training). You could say maybe no shooting but doubt that's going to las very long.

But I think the most likely outcome is that several coaches cheat on the rules and hope they don't get caught (it's easier than dealing with the complaints). If there are already some teams practicing in violation of the rules, it wouldn't surprise me, particularly if they have to try out new players.

LA county school opening guidelines released to give you a idea:

"The framework for reopening schools released Wednesday, May 27 by the Los Angeles County Department of Education reveals potentially stark changes to the traditional school day for some 2 million students and their families.The 2020-21 school year redesigned for the pandemic could include:

Classroom limits of 16 students

Staggered restroom and playground use
One-way hallways
Cloth face coverings mandatory for all
Isolation rooms and emergency plans if students or staff members become ill

So what does that mean for youth soccer? Restrictions on field usage if thats permitted?

"The framework for reopening schools released Wednesday, May 27 by the Los Angeles County Department of Education reveals potentially stark changes to the traditional school day for some 2 million students and their families.The 2020-21 school year redesigned for the pandemic could include:

One-way hallways

So what does that mean for youth soccer? Restrictions on field usage if thats permitted?

Surveys sent out for our school district indicating a possible hybrid approach mix of online & in person

One-way hallways

I just don't see how they can enforce some of these rules. If a kid forgets something in the hallway or back at his classroom he has to go all the way around the building to get it because one way only? They are kids, will be a joke if a kid gets punished for not walking one way.

Soccer is one of the few sports that works out for the covid concern. 11 v 11 on very spread out formations, you only truly come in contact with others when the ball is nearby and the ball only touches your feet not hands, not perfect but better scenario then other sports. Not to mention soccer is played outdoors. Football starts every play with D line and O line in a very compact area. Basketball is a big concern because of the small compact area and multiple teams packed into a indoor basketball court. I think youth soccer will be fine and everyone will most likely be playing in the fall with guidelines for parents and players.

Maybe we will see the end of throw ins. Everything is a kick in. 10 yards of space required by the opponent. To be honest- I like this idea.

For the olders with throw ins and the long ones it's almost like a freekick with a frenzy in the box but no I don't think they'll be a end to throwing it in the box attempting to score on a header or one timer.

Soccer is a contact sport with players in close proximity most all the time, there is plenty of contact and there is really no way around it without changing the game to something else, look but don't touch flag soccer might work for the youngest kids but would take the fun out of it for virtually every one else.

I just don't see how they can enforce some of these rules. If a kid forgets something in the hallway or back at his classroom he has to go all the way around the building to get it because one way only? They are kids, will be a joke if a kid gets punished for not walking one way.

Soccer is one of the few sports that works out for the covid concern. 11 v 11 on very spread out formations, you only truly come in contact with others when the ball is nearby and the ball only touches your feet not hands, not perfect but better scenario then other sports. Not to mention soccer is played outdoors. Football starts every play with D line and O line in a very compact area. Basketball is a big concern because of the small compact area and multiple teams packed into a indoor basketball court. I think youth soccer will be fine and everyone will most likely be playing in the fall with guidelines for parents and players.

It's going to be a nightmare for teachers, particularly of the youngers. Kids are going to fiddle with their masks. Teachers going to yell at them for taking it off? Send them to the principal? The public schools won't suspend kids for fighting but will suspend them for fidgeting with their masks? What about the autistic, ADHD kids, ones with sensory issues, or severe asthma? Gonna punish the little ones if they decide to hug each other or go the wrong way in the hallway? We going to resurrect hall monitors to make sure everyone is walking the right direction? My kid's teacher unexpectedly announced (private school) she's taking a sabbatical for a year....we were all joking it's because she doesn't want to deal with the nonsense but that probably is the case after all.

The other thing is if your team practices at a school site in LA (or in any county that adopts similar guidelines) you'll likely not be able to practice or have to practice with limitations that drive people away (e.g., masks during practices).

We are training already
Illegally or legally
2005, 2006 and 2009.
All top level.
We should have never stopped.
But it’s a good break for everyone.
Way to be a role model for children. Ethics are important. I guess the 15 year old, 14 year old and 11 year old players weren't motivated enough to stay in shape, keep skills up and practice on their own. Sad commentary on our youth today.

What do you base your "estimate" on? But maybe you are right knowing the population in Temecula.
I teach there. I think that estimate is low.... Not many districts will they entertain a meeting with admin because teacher said something positive about a dem and negative about a rep in a gov class..

ex parte application for a variance

Yeah might as well one of these counties will get something through eventually but that's just the first step. Facilities still need to be opened, permits issues, insurance, sanctioning by...going to take some time so yeah July

Back