Vaccine

Lucy, you got some spining to do girlfriend. This whole time I could have been on the front lines helping my fellow Americans out but nope, I was told to STFU, kneel to their ruler, wear a mask, get jabbed and obey their master. I only have One Master and I came to help the planet, not get kicked out of all the fun life here on earth has to offer. Were going to have a big party soon you guys.

1642887304821.png

We are going to get punished by the Can/US gov mandates on truckers. Supply chain is already iffy for some items/area.

What will happen on the border will make it much worse.

A related story to that.

War is going to break out in Europe shortly (looks like a matter of days now). The us and the eu have been pulling out nonessential personnel and family from the Ukraine. Only question now is how far will Russia go and how much damage happens and how much it spins out of control. The Ukraine has the missile technology to land non nuclear missles on Moscow and Russia has the capacity to level Kiev. Possibilities range from Biden’s minor border incursions to a full blown polish intervention that sucks in NATO.

it won’t directly impact our food supply lines here in north america but logistics are about to get a lot harder around the world particularly after the currency hits that take place and the oil and gas problems

Wars and rumor of wars is going to be insane. The news is so off and not honest at all. You see this below? It's funny but not really funny. This is the problem. Disciples for Christ vs the Non-believing secular world. Can the two come together instead of judging each other? One side wants all the guns. If we can get these two sides to back off each other and just let people believe in freedom first and then their God, then we can all get along.

1642888511306.png

That's funny...you are not part of any conspiracy. But you do come across as someone who lives a very priviledged lifestlye, a lifestyle that has gotten more comfortable over the last two years. Mabye I'm wrong but that's what your typed words convey.

You are not alone. There is an entire segement of society, especially in your neck of the woods that are better off now than they were a few years ago, a stark difference to those less priviledged. Mandates and policies from on high tend to favor some people and hurt many people.

I may be completely wrong but I doubt it.
Let's take apart his original answer to my post.

Me: "For many people in tech ..."
NCD: "For every tech person that's happy about working remotely I can find you another that is unhappy."
--> Well, I didn't think it was as high as half but that certainly supports my post.

NCD: "If you've never been on the Apple, Google, or Facebook campuses you just wouldn't understand."
--> Is he attempting to gain credence through this? Considering these campuses have been closed since the pandemic, I'm not sure what it accomplishes in terms of an argument.

NCD: "And no, nobody is going around claiming they're acting nobly."
--> He's omniscient
--> Noble: having or showing very fine or admirable qualities a noble deed. I'd say @dad4 believes his actions have admirable qualities versus the unwashed masses who aren't Korean or Mormon enough. He's one of a tiny number of people who happen to be on this board. This disproves his statement by counterexample.

You picked out his strawman argument.

I don't believe it's a conspiracy. He has his viewpoints and will gaslight, minimize, and strawman to support his views. Don't expect any critical thinking. We'll see this more often as the midterm elections get closer and those who worry about the balance of power become more desperate.

NCD: "For every tech person that's happy about working remotely I can find you another that is unhappy."
--> Well, I didn't think it was as high as half but that certainly supports my post.

NCD: "If you've never been on the Apple, Google, or Facebook campuses you just wouldn't understand."
--> Is he attempting to gain credence through this? Considering these campuses have been closed since the pandemic, I'm not sure what it accomplishes in terms of an argument.

--> He's omniscient
--> Noble: having or showing very fine or admirable qualities a noble deed. I'd say @dad4 believes his actions have admirable qualities versus the unwashed masses who aren't Korean or Mormon enough. He's one of a tiny number of people who happen to be on this board. This disproves his statement by counterexample.

I don't believe it's a conspiracy. He has his viewpoints and will gaslight, minimize, and strawman to support his views. Don't expect any critical thinking. We'll see this more often as the midterm elections get closer and those who worry about the balance of power become more desperate.
I love how you put this back & forth together with NCD. I learned from you. I bet 100% you were an awesome teacher and you would have helped me improve my skills. Thanks for teaching and I know why you got out. Do your kids get taught by you or are they taught down the street at school? You dont have to share. I love you man :)

--> He's omniscient

Oops, sorry. It was @soccersc who picked out the strawman argument.

That's funny...you are not part of any conspiracy. But you do come across as someone who lives a very priviledged lifestlye, a lifestyle that has gotten more comfortable over the last two years. Mabye I'm wrong but that's what your typed words convey.

You are not alone. There is an entire segement of society, especially in your neck of the woods that are better off now than they were a few years ago, a stark difference to those less priviledged. Mandates and policies from on high tend to favor some people and hurt many people.

I may be completely wrong but I doubt it.

I'm no more privileged than anyone else who spends 24x7 of their time on a niche Internet message board like yourself. I suspect your hands are softer than mine for what it's worth.....I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I'm no more privileged than anyone else who spends 24x7 of their time on a niche Internet message board like yourself. I suspect your hands are softer than mine for what it's worth.....I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Nicely done. I know you don't spend 24-7 on here, neither do I. You don't know what I do for a living and likewise. I don't really care what your opinion is or what picture of me and other posters you may have in your head. I suspect you don't really think too much about that. . But here is the difference - your references to where you live and the inherent superiority and correctness of your opinion drips off of most of your posts. I get it, be proud of your community.

War is going to break out in Europe shortly (looks like a matter of days now). The us and the eu have been pulling out nonessential personnel and family from the Ukraine. Only question now is how far will Russia go and how much damage happens and how much it spins out of control. The Ukraine has the missile technology to land non nuclear missles on Moscow and Russia has the capacity to level Kiev. Possibilities range from Biden’s minor border incursions to a full blown polish intervention that sucks in NATO.

it won’t directly impact our food supply lines here in north america but logistics are about to get a lot harder around the world particularly after the currency hits that take place and the oil and gas problems

The possible route to a peaceful (for a time, at least) conclusion is that Putin manipulates Ukrainian internal politics until he gets a more tolerant leader in charge there. It is, after all, a skill he has demonstrated in the past.

Ah transparency.

Shielded from liability they also want to shielded from scrutiny.

"Meanwhile, The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had asked a judge to give it 75 years to produce all the data concerning the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine."

On the Media Bias Chart, Epoch Times is slightly loonier and less reliable than Fox News.

Nicely done. I know you don't spend 24-7 on here, neither do I. You don't know what I do for a living and likewise. I don't really care what your opinion is or what picture of me and other posters you may have in your head. I suspect you don't really think too much about that. . But here is the difference - your references to where you live and the inherent superiority and correctness of your opinion drips off of most of your posts. I get it, be proud of your community.

How are you and I any different? Have you read your posts and the absolutism they convey? I mean I encourage you to go back read posts by yourself and other self proclaimed "Team Reality" folks. It's not pretty. To quote you "You don't know what I do for a living and likewise.". You are absolutely correct here, yet you're the one who presumed I live a privileged lifestyle and even expressed certainty with that view with "I may be completely wrong but I doubt it." Sooooo...yeah.

I bring up Bay Area communities because they have high vaccination rates. This has nothing to do with superiority. I get that you all are anti-mandate. I get that. Where I take issue is when you all argue against vaccines to make your case. I think that is misguided and uninformed. There are other legitimate arguments against mandates to be made. The incessant down playing of the effectiveness of the vaccine is exhausting. You couple those arguments with the fact that I know, given a highly vaccinated area, things have actually worked out rather well.

Probably unwise to repeat something you're wrong about.

Many in tech already worked remotely pre-pandemic in some capacity. Nothing new to those folks. For every tech person that's happy about working remotely I can find you another that is unhappy. If you've never been on the Apple, Google, or Facebook campuses you just wouldn't understand.

And no, nobody is going around claiming they're acting nobly. This is some manifestation in your head that you should get checked out. It aligns with the paranoia you have around shoplifters.
The truth hurt.

On the Media Bias Chart, Epoch Times is slightly loonier and less reliable than Fox News.

What did they get wrong in the article?

Back