Vaccine

Just because you live in your preferred introverted reality doesn’t mean the rest of us are happy with it

Happy two year anniversary to everyone btw. Two years since covid first arrived in the us and the first restrictions put in place. Yay!
I've stated it a few times already, but it bears repeating. For many people in tech (and others who get to work from home), their actual day-to-day lifestyle has gotten better if you take away the fear of COVID - no commute, pajamas all day with an occasional change to a "work" shirt for Zoom, more delivery options than ever, barely any in-person human interaction and direct deposit is still going strong. Nirvana. Of course, they usually lead with "I am doing my part to contain the virus" and find themselves quite noble.

I've stated it a few times already, but it bears repeating. For many people in tech (and others who get to work from home), their actual day-to-day lifestyle has gotten better if you take away the fear of COVID - no commute, pajamas all day with an occasional change to a "work" shirt for Zoom, more delivery options than ever, barely any in-person human interaction and direct deposit is still going strong. Nirvana. Of course, they usually lead with "I am doing my part to contain the virus" and find themselves quite noble.

Probably unwise to repeat something you're wrong about.

Many in tech already worked remotely pre-pandemic in some capacity. Nothing new to those folks. For every tech person that's happy about working remotely I can find you another that is unhappy. If you've never been on the Apple, Google, or Facebook campuses you just wouldn't understand.

And no, nobody is going around claiming they're acting nobly. This is some manifestation in your head that you should get checked out. It aligns with the paranoia you have around shoplifters.

Yes. In fact, recent measles outbreaks among certain populations in America have occurred because those people for their own reasons refused to be vaccinated.

This is true; here is an example: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16392073/

MMR is an attenuated vaccine, which is part of its high VE. As you can see from comments here though, even with as high a VE as one can possibly hope for fatalism will intervene. VE is not high enough, so doesn't matter. Then show that even a low VE can reduce total caseload, which is significant. So then the fatalism transforms to well, not enough people are vaccinated, so it still doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Probably unwise to repeat something you're wrong about.

Many in tech already worked remotely pre-pandemic in some capacity. Nothing new to those folks. For every tech person that's happy about working remotely I can find you another that is unhappy. If you've never been on the Apple, Google, or Facebook campuses you just wouldn't understand.

And no, nobody is going around claiming they're acting nobly. This is some manifestation in your head that you should get checked out. It aligns with the paranoia you have around shoplifters.
Hahaha! You are a worthless shill trying to protect those in political power right now by telling people that what they see isn't happening. I see you conveniently left out the part about the armed robbery. I noted at the time things were degrading in terms of security. Not long after my wife sees the obvious shoplifting, there's an armed robbery. One less troll to read.

Hahaha! You are a worthless shill trying to protect those in political power right now by telling people that what they see isn't happening. I see you conveniently left out the part about the armed robbery. I noted at the time things were degrading in terms of security. Not long after my wife sees the obvious shoplifting, there's an armed robbery. One less troll to read.

Armed robbery? I must have missed something.

Yup, I'm part of the big conspiracy -- in fact I just landed my plane that released chemtrails. I'm a plant on this message board. It's all part of the master plan.

spoiler alert: Big foot is real and it was all part of a government research project. You can take that to the bank.

Yup, I'm part of the big conspiracy -- in fact I just landed my plane that released chemtrails. I'm a plant on this message board. It's all part of the master plan.

spoiler alert: Big foot is real and it was all part of a government research project. You can take that to the bank.

Me, too. I post under 7 different names on this forum, covering all wings of the political spectrum, some of them so crazy that I have them on ignore.

Won’t stop you from wearing your mask in public for the rest of your life. You are free to do so.
I certainly hope prep cooks, chefs and servers continue to do so. Besides that, why do you care so much about others trying to protect themselves and those around them? Control issues?

And right to the Strawman ;) You make me laugh...its like the elementary version of how to use fallacies

That's funny...you are not part of any conspiracy. But you do come across as someone who lives a very priviledged lifestlye, a lifestyle that has gotten more comfortable over the last two years. Mabye I'm wrong but that's what your typed words convey.

You are not alone. There is an entire segement of society, especially in your neck of the woods that are better off now than they were a few years ago, a stark difference to those less priviledged. Mandates and policies from on high tend to favor some people and hurt many people.

I may be completely wrong but I doubt it.

I certainly hope prep cooks, chefs and servers continue to do so. Besides that, why do you care so much about others trying to protect themselves and those around them? Control issues?
So you are on board with moving on, living with the virus? But, if everyone is vaccinated and testing becomes more robuts, why would food and beverage workers be mandated to wear masks? They didn't wear them before during flu season?

Should they wear N95s? should we outlaw cloth masks? Should we mass produce environmentally safer surgical masks. Where does this end? How does this end.

The nation of Kiribati is a tiny group of islands in the pacific. According to the BBC, a flight from Fiji 36 of the 54 people on the flight tested positive for covid. All people on that flight were fully vaxxed. Many of them were boosted (there were 2 children under 12 on the flight…neither of them fell ill). An outbreak followed at the quarantine center and has now broken out into the community with a handful of community spread cases. Kiribati is very poor and vaccination has been poor due to availability which is why they have the vaccine mandate to go there. They also have a bit of an obesity epidemic nationally. They just announced their first national lockdown as a result

for the record if the vaccines can’t keep a plane from being 36/54 people on a plane from being covid positive, they aren’t substantially reducing transmission.

We are going to get punished by the Can/US gov mandates on truckers. Supply chain is already iffy for some items/area.

What will happen on the border will make it much worse.

A related story to that.

Back