Vaccine

Do you mean public health, like abortion? God, you are a clueless troll. @dad4 deserves better allies.
Abortion isn't really divisive. A clear majority of Americans have favored the status quo for decades. Its a wedge issue that politicians have used for a motivated minority to get their votes. You don't actually think those pols give a cr@p about abortion do you?

Abortion isn't really divisive. A clear majority of Americans have favored the status quo for decades. Its a wedge issue that politicians have used for a motivated minority to get their votes. You don't actually think those pols give a cr@p about abortion do you?

yeah if that status quo is safe, legal, and rare

Celebrating abortion as somehow being the highest form of woman empowerment is not something I think most Americans agree with

Edit: sorry , birthing people empowerment

not entirely incorrect , there are certainly some who believe that control of government simply changes the landscape
They are two sides of the same coin and as bad as each other. Each selects wedge issues to garner votes, which the other side then screams blue murder about.

The bizarre thing is that the "left" in the US would be right wing in most other developed countries, certainly in Europe, with a handful of exceptions out of a congressional caucus of 280 odd.

I see multi-aliased, gaslighting trolls who don't realize that it doesn't take a 50-50 split for an issue to be divisive. Others can entertain the aliases that come out of the woodwork after the primary troll aliases get knocked down. I just find them so terribly boring.

That's your caveat

I've never come across anyone celebrating it. It's possible there's a few, of course, but that doesn't make it the norm, irrespective of how vocal or public they may be.

it was the caveat of the left for years, certainly the Clinton years , which wasn’t ancient history

They are two sides of the same coin and as bad as each other. Each selects wedge issues to garner votes, which the other side then screams blue murder about.

The bizarre thing is that the "left" in the US would be right wing in most other developed countries, certainly in Europe, with a handful of exceptions out of a congressional caucus of 280 odd.

Those handful of exceptions have an outsized influence on the Democratic Party

also, who cares about Europe , we don’t live in Europe

Those handful of exceptions have an outsized influence on the Democratic Party

also, who cares about Europe , we don’t live in Europe
A handful of exceptions have an outsized influence on both parties, the Ds have no monopoly on that.

Its a global economy, so everywhere matters.

A handful of exceptions have an outsized influence on both parties, the Ds have no monopoly on that.

Its a global economy, so everywhere matters.

when Is the next European election , so I can vote

How do most European countries view abortion? Do they have any restrictions?

What about borders , do they protect them,specifically the Scandinavian countries ?

What about borders , do they protect them,specifically the Scandinavian countries ?
Not sure on when the next EU elections are (for those 27 member countries), or when their national elections are either. For a diverse set of countries, across the continent, speaking so many different languages and having so many different cultures - and having fought so many wars against each other - it is rather enlightening to see how they have come together in a larger project that is mutually beneficial (economically) and in which they sit down and talk to solve problems (rather than what used to happen not so very long ago). It ain't perfect, but its certainly pretty mature and has been hugely beneficial to the member states (including integrating former Eastern block countries - not cheaply either).

Each country has its own defined abortion rights / restrictions.

One EU border and then country borders around that. Of course, some of those countries also have agreements with the EU which makes those borders pretty seamless.

Yup, your daughter may as well give up soccer now that a trans athlete broke an Ivy League swim record. It's so unfair that transgender people have all the advantages in life. Thank goodness for all these privileged soccer Karens complaining how their mediocre athleticism doesn't get them what it used to.

I think that trans women should not compete in what were formerly known as women's sports for the same reason that their are weight classifications in sports where size and mu
yeah if that status quo is safe, legal, and rare

Celebrating abortion as somehow being the highest form of woman empowerment is not something I think most Americans agree with

Edit: sorry , birthing people empowerment

I'll go with safe, legal, rare, and none of your business.

I don't know any woman who celebrates abortion as empowerment. The empowerment most women see getting a wingnut minority out of their lives.

Abortion is legal on request up to 12 weeks development in all countries except Poland, Vatican City, and a handful of mini-states. Even in those cases, nearby borders allow women to effectively have full choice in the matter.

I think that trans women should not compete in what were formerly known as women's sports for the same reason that their are weight classifications in sports where size and mu

I'll go with safe, legal, rare, and none of your business.

I don't know any woman who celebrates abortion as empowerment. The empowerment most women see getting a wingnut minority out of their lives.

have you seen any of these pro choice wingnuts?

Is the ACLU some fringe organization?

CE2D4561-7022-42B3-871C-07506CA82134.png

Abortion is legal on request up to 12 weeks development in all countries except Poland, Vatican City, and a handful of mini-states. Even in those cases, nearby borders allow women to effectively have full choice in the matter.

so as a whole US is more progressive?

so as a whole US is more progressive?
Yeah, pretty much. Different countries set their own policy so Ireland, Germany, France is 12 weeks, Austria 14, Netherlands 21 etc. There are exceptions (medical) outside those. Some like Germany also require mandatory counselling and some like Italy allow doctors to opt out if they wish.

You also have the "morning after pill" generally available, with a prescription required in some countries and not others.

Back