USWNT Olympic roster announced

To me this just proves that we really didn’t care about the Olympics, we wanted to give the “girls” a farewell tour. A Gold would have just been an exclamation point to the end of a few careers.

Give up the protest, woke BS and just call it want it is. The rest is all just partisan spin.

The reality…our 2 losses came to the Gold and Silver medal teams. We’ve lost 2 out of 49 games…….

Canada wins gold without scoring 1 goal from open play in the final 2 games, and 6 goals total in 6 games. Maybe the Olympic schedule (6 games in 18 days) rewards a bunker and counter style?

In any event, congrats to Canada!
Best PK'ers in the World!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I hope Sinclair calls it quits while on top. Canada has its own house cleaning to do. I was surprised they beat USA. Utterly shocked they defeated Sweden. Just wow.

He didn't need to say much, he was the first athlete to break 20 seconds in the 200. 53 years later and his time would have put him 4th in this week's Olympic race. That's insane.
Got it. Yes impressive. Especially when athletes and training methods are at an all time high. For whatever reason I thought you meant this TS. And that he made a comment about the women’s game.:D My fault.
1628350332878.jpeg

Last edited:
Also she gives Complacency a consideration but gives a zero for politics. I don't care what you think of the protests, the fact they made a effort to protest meant their focus wasn't 100% on soccer. That's a distraction to the goal at hand. John Carlos and Tommie Smith at least waited until their competition was over.

The WNT won two WCs protesting for civil rights and it had no impact then, just as it did not at the Olympics. They got bronze for the same reason Alyson Felix did, which is that age eventually catches up to even the greatest athletes in the history of their respective sports. Or is Alyson Felix also a 35 year old uppity woman who would have won gold in the 400m if only she hasn't been distracted protesting against gender inequality?

Your statement about Carlos and Smith is also inaccurate. They were founding members of the Olympic Project for Human Rights before the '68 Games and publicly advocated for its boycott. When that didn't happen, they made clear in advance they would stage a protest if they won medals. They didn't wait until they won medals to protest, you only think that because of your ignorance. Honestly, it is is pretty offensive to use this kind of revisionist history and Carlos and Smith in particular, both of whom have fully supported kneeling, to rationalize your opposition to things they hold so dearly.

Funny story. In 1906, Irishman Peter O'Conner participated in the Olympics despite British and Olympic committee refusing to recognize Ireland as a separate entity. When he won silver (surely he would have won gold if he'd just been 100% focused on being a complacent little British citizen right?), the Olympic committee raised the British flag at the ceremony. He then climbed the flag pole and started waving the Irish flag around in protest. I guarantee every racist and sexist here considers Pete O's actions to be heroic, despite being an uppity Olympian supporting a cause that resulted in rioting and an insurrection that ultimately led to thousands of deaths. Why is that? Why is Pete O', a white guy who disrespects the flag a hero, but a few women who kneel (and not even at the Olympics or even in support of insurrection) are despicable traitors? It is because of things people don't want to admit about themselves.

The WNT won two WCs protesting for civil rights and it had no impact then, just as it did not at the Olympics. They got bronze for the same reason Alyson Felix did, which is that age eventually catches up to even the greatest athletes in the history of their respective sports. Or is Alyson Felix also a 35 year old uppity woman who would have won gold in the 400m if only she hasn't been distracted protesting against gender inequality?

Your statement about Carlos and Smith is also inaccurate. They were founding members of the Olympic Project for Human Rights before the '68 Games and publicly advocated for its boycott. When that didn't happen, they made clear in advance they would stage a protest if they won medals. They didn't wait until they won medals to protest, you only think that because of your ignorance. Honestly, it is is pretty offensive to use this kind of revisionist history and Carlos and Smith in particular, both of whom have fully supported kneeling, to rationalize your opposition to things they hold so dearly.

Funny story. In 1906, Irishman Peter O'Conner participated in the Olympics despite British and Olympic committee refusing to recognize Ireland as a separate entity. When he won silver (surely he would have won gold if he'd just been 100% focused on being a complacent little British citizen right?), the Olympic committee raised the British flag at the ceremony. He then climbed the flag pole and started waving the Irish flag around in protest. I guarantee every racist and sexist here considers Pete O's actions to be heroic, despite being an uppity Olympian supporting a cause that resulted in rioting and an insurrection that ultimately led to thousands of deaths. Why is that? Why is Pete O', a white guy who disrespects the flag a hero, but a few women who kneel (and not even at the Olympics or even in support of insurrection) are despicable traitors? It is because of things people don't want to admit about themselves.
Nice strawman argument in regards to Allyson Felix and nice attempt to mischaracterize my argument to serve your narrative. What an amazing outcome for Allyson. For me its one of the biggest story of the Games, unfortunately so is the Men's 4x100 failure to pass the stick...again.

I'm well aware of Carlos and Smith's substantive efforts prior to the Olympics in regards to human rights. I would also think an expert like you on Carlos and Smith would know that the raised fist was a spontaneous act according to their own accounts, after the event was complete. The fact that they were previously involved in human rights is irrelevant and is not comparable to Rapinoe's kneeling before the game.

It's either your lack of reading comprehension or your desire to promote a narrative, but I never said they lost because they knelt. I said that their kneeling was a sign of Complacency, i.e. lack of focus. I couldn't careless what she was protesting, she could have been protesting against the abuse of puppies, I'd still have the same opinion. I happen to agree with you that age was likely a factor, but I also think there were other contributing factors as the article outlined. So no, they didn't lose because of their politics, but a lack of focus certainly didn't help their performance.

Nice strawman argument in regards to Allyson Felix and nice attempt to mischaracterize my argument to serve your narrative. What an amazing outcome for Allyson. For me its one of the biggest story of the Games, unfortunately so is the Men's 4x100 failure to pass the stick...again.

I'm well aware of Carlos and Smith's substantive efforts prior to the Olympics in regards to human rights. I would also think an expert like you on Carlos and Smith would know that the raised fist was a spontaneous act according to their own accounts, after the event was complete. The fact that they were previously involved in human rights is irrelevant and is not comparable to Rapinoe's kneeling before the game.

It's either your lack of reading comprehension or your desire to promote a narrative, but I never said they lost because they knelt. I said that their kneeling was a sign of Complacency, i.e. lack of focus. I couldn't careless what she was protesting, she could have been protesting against the abuse of puppies, I'd still have the same opinion. I happen to agree with you that age was likely a factor, but I also think there were other contributing factors as the article outlined. So no, they didn't lose because of their politics, but a lack of focus certainly didn't help their performance.

You said "I don't care what you think of the protests, the fact they made a effort to protest meant their focus wasn't 100% on soccer." Their effort to protest was to kneel a couple times and serve as nominal plaintiffs in a lawsuit to support gender equity. So much non-soccer stuff that was distracting them, unlike Tommy Smith and John Carlos, who told the entire world well in advance that they were going to protest if they won medals, and despite supporting an entire boycott of the games. Seriously, you're intellectually lazy or dishonest if you think Smith and Carlos weren't engaged in some crazy political "distractions" before they ran, and far more so than the WNT.

How was Muhammad Ali able to be so political, including protesting Vietnam being convicted as a traitor, and then going to the Supreme Court, but still able to beat monsters like Joe Frazier and George Foreman? How was Kareem Abdul Jabbar able to become the all time points leader and win a bazillion titles while spending his career supporting civil rights and engaging in protests, including boycotting the '68 games because he wasn't feeling very American after the murder of JFK Jr? How were the Phoenix Suns able to bring out a can of whoop ass on the Spurs in the 2011 playoffs while wearing Los Suns jerseys to protest Arizona's racist anti-immigration bill? How was Reggie White able to win a Super Bowl while also serving as an ordained minister, including repeatedly speaking out only a few months after his church was destroyed in a rash of racist church burnings? Was it because only men can be political but still "100% focused" on their sports? Is it because men can handle such things, but women are too emotional to be able to do both? STFU.

You said "I don't care what you think of the protests, the fact they made a effort to protest meant their focus wasn't 100% on soccer." Their effort to protest was to kneel a couple times and serve as nominal plaintiffs in a lawsuit to support gender equity. So much non-soccer stuff that was distracting them, unlike Tommy Smith and John Carlos, who told the entire world well in advance that they were going to protest if they won medals, and despite supporting an entire boycott of the games. Seriously, you're intellectually lazy or dishonest if you think Smith and Carlos weren't engaged in some crazy political "distractions" before they ran, and far more so than the WNT.

How was Muhammad Ali able to be so political, including protesting Vietnam being convicted as a traitor, and then going to the Supreme Court, but still able to beat monsters like Joe Frazier and George Foreman? How was Kareem Abdul Jabbar able to become the all time points leader and win a bazillion titles while spending his career supporting civil rights and engaging in protests, including boycotting the '68 games because he wasn't feeling very American after the murder of JFK Jr? How were the Phoenix Suns able to bring out a can of whoop ass on the Spurs in the 2011 playoffs while wearing Los Suns jerseys to protest Arizona's racist anti-immigration bill? How was Reggie White able to win a Super Bowl while also serving as an ordained minister, including repeatedly speaking out only a few months after his church was destroyed in a rash of racist church burnings? Was it because only men can be political but still "100% focused" on their sports? Is it because men can handle such things, but women are too emotional to be able to do both? STFU.
Breathe. I'm tired by just reading this..

Again you totally miss the point, but I think that's intentional. You're trying to promote a woke narrative, whereas I'm just saying that protesting a cause during your competitive event is a sign of lack of focus on the task at hand. I'm not opining on that impact on the result, just that it's an element of the Complacency, as the author outlined in the article. I encourage anyone who wants to stand up for a cause to do so...on their own time.

I worry you may live a little too close to your forum name and can't cope with opposing opinions and as a result must follow the playbook of name calling. Your last sentence is pure fiction, but hopefully it makes you feel better about your "virtue warrior" status. I'm actually very pro LGBT, but I understand that's incongruent to your monolithic stereotypes.

Saying a lack of focus contributed to their losing is parroting a ridiculous crock of shit political narrative. Rapinoe's been kneeling a while now. Did it just start interfering?

They're older and slower and the lineup was a bit of chaos. Pretty simple.

Saying a lack of focus contributed to their losing is parroting a ridiculous crock of shit political narrative. Rapinoe's been kneeling a while now. Did it just start interfering?

Out of curiosity.. how long has Rapinoe been kneeling? What about the rest of the team? Seems like they stopped for awhile then started again, well some of them did.. some didn't. hmm guess that could be a bit distracting.. some teammates kneeling some not might be on their minds and divide the room a bit. Wonder if they decided before they left the locker room or on the field who was and who wasn't or was it just spontaneous? Don't know how that could cause them to lose focus....

Out of curiosity.. how long has Rapinoe been kneeling? What about the rest of the team? Seems like they stopped for awhile then started again, well some of them did.. some didn't. hmm guess that could be a bit distracting.. some teammates kneeling some not might be on their minds and divide the room a bit. Wonder if they decided before they left the locker room or on the field who was and who wasn't or was it just spontaneous? Don't know how that could cause them to lose focus....
I have zero idea what goes on in athlete lives that might or might not distract them. Neither do you. Deciding to assume that something does because you don’t like the thing is an assumption.

Good for you for having a strong opinion, but please don't mischaracterize what I've said in order to advance your narrative. If your argument is valid it should be able to stand on its own. I will make it more precise for the reading comprehension challenged. What they were protesting is irrelevant to me (as I said I happen to be pro LGBT), its the act of protesting during the event that makes me question their focus. The reality is none of us know for certain what contributed to their loss, were all just speculating. For some reason though, any mention of their lack of focus due to protesting is a sacred cow and triggering for some.

I have zero idea what goes on in athlete lives that might or might not distract them. Neither do you. Deciding to assume that something does because you don’t like the thing is an assumption.
Right.. but something was clearly wrong for a team that was pretty much expected to win gold to do so poorly. It is a viable theory. They should be thinking about the game not about anything else.

Good for you for having a strong opinion, but please don't mischaracterize what I've said in order to advance your narrative. If your argument is valid it should be able to stand on its own. I will make it more precise for the reading comprehension challenged. What they were protesting is irrelevant to me (as I said I happen to be pro LGBT), its the act of protesting during the event that makes me question their focus. The reality is none of us know for certain what contributed to their loss, were all just speculating. For some reason though, any mention of their lack of focus due to protesting is a sacred cow and triggering for some.

Protested during the event? I missed that.

Back