USWNT Olympic roster announced

So people ask how protesting could distract or divide the team... this is how.

Rapinoe bullys team into protesting
Hope was a great goal keeper, but it is hard to imagine her being bullied. She is also has a reputation for saying stuff that is not entirely believable. I am not saying she is lying, but she is not exactly the best source for facts.
While I don't doubt that Rapinoe sowed division, I would like to hear that claim from someone more credible (or a better grasp on reality) than Hope Solo.

While I don't doubt that Rapinoe sowed division, I would like to hear that claim from someone more credible (or a better grasp on reality) than Hope Solo.
True. She did go off the deep end a bit. You will see about 20 different versions of this story if you google "rapinoe bully".. amazing how diverse the press is.

True. She did go off the deep end a bit. You will see about 20 different versions of this story if you google "rapinoe bully".. amazing how diverse the press is.
In defense of Hope I watched her presentation when she ran for US Soccer president and I was actually impressed, but it could have been that my expectations were really low.

Some of those "Rapinoe bully" articles were more click bait than substance.

The "bully people into BLM protest" theory has legs because so many of us witness similar behavior from the left in other contexts.

What is more likely? That twenty athletes with 20 different sets of opinions all decided that they wanted to protest the same thing? Or that a few athletes with strong opinions badgered the others into joining the protest?

Given what I remember of campus leftists, the "badger your coworkers" theory makes the most sense.

The "bully people into BLM protest" theory has legs because so many of us witness similar behavior from the left in other contexts.

What is more likely? That twenty athletes with 20 different sets of opinions all decided that they wanted to protest the same thing? Or that a few athletes with strong opinions badgered the others into joining the protest?

Given what I remember of campus leftists, the "badger your coworkers" theory makes the most sense.
Comply or be labeled a racist, homophobe, misogynist, Nazi, Trump supporter, etc. See GoldenGate for exhibit A.

So people ask how protesting could distract or divide the team... this is how.

Rapinoe bullys team into protesting

Impressive how Rapinoe bullied the Premier League, most Olympic teams, and pretty much every western professional soccer team in the world into kneeling before games. And also bullied 56% of Americans who believe it's appropriate for athletes to kneel during the anthem. We should ignore, however, that Hope Solo was not even around then, has no idea what she's talking about and, to the extent she claims she saw Rapinoe "almost" bully players, she is lying. She left the WNT before kneeling ever even happened. https://www.newsweek.com/hope-solo-left-uswnt-before-megan-rapinoe-starting-kneeling-soccer-1619990.

It is crazy anyone could sincerely believe that Rapinoe is the one doing any bullying when it comes to kneeling, when the only actual bullying comes from those who have subjected Rapinoe and others to daily death threats for years, and have repeatedly assaulted and threatened people who kneel or support one's decision to do so. What kind of warped mind can honestly believe that a strong lesbian asking teammates whether they will consider joining her in kneeling is a bully, especially when they're demanding that Rapinoe lose her job for exercising her First Amendment rights and are staying staying silent about the death threats and personal attacks that she endures? The answer is obvious.

Hope Solo was kicked off the National team before Rapinoe started kneeling, and Solo was charged with domestic violence. She has zero credibility, Sounds like she was just seeking attention. She says that Rapinoe 'almost bullied' her teammates. WTF. So even she is saying that Rapinoe didn't do it. :rolleyes:

Impressive how Rapinoe bullied the Premier League, most Olympic teams, and pretty much every western professional soccer team in the world into kneeling before games. And also bullied 56% of Americans who believe it's appropriate for athletes to kneel during the anthem. We should ignore, however, that Hope Solo was not even around then, has no idea what she's talking about and, to the extent she claims she saw Rapinoe "almost" bully players, she is lying. She left the WNT before kneeling ever even happened. https://www.newsweek.com/hope-solo-left-uswnt-before-megan-rapinoe-starting-kneeling-soccer-1619990.

It is crazy anyone could sincerely believe that Rapinoe is the one doing any bullying when it comes to kneeling, when the only actual bullying comes from those who have subjected Rapinoe and others to daily death threats for years, and have repeatedly assaulted and threatened people who kneel or support one's decision to do so. What kind of warped mind can honestly believe that a strong lesbian asking teammates whether they will consider joining her in kneeling is a bully, especially when they're demanding that Rapinoe lose her job for exercising her First Amendment rights and are staying staying silent about the death threats and personal attacks that she endures? The answer is obvious.
Were you there? You know for a fact Hope is lying, or are you assuming everyone thinks the same and nobody was pressured?

The intolerance usually comes from people like you.

The left claims to like diversity, etc. And in a sense they do. They like different colored people...as long as they all think the same. You fit that mold perfectly.

One of the most intolerant places I visit is in the area of the Golden Gate Bridge. The uniformity of thought is a sight to behold.

The intolerance usually comes from people like you.

The left claims to like diversity, etc. And in a sense they do. They like different colored people...as long as they all think the same. You fit that mold perfectly.

One of the most intolerant places I visit is in the area of the Golden Gate Bridge. The uniformity of thought is a sight to behold.
Why do you think the cost of living in the Bay Area is so high?
Why do you think the cost of living in Arizona is so low?
HINT: Has something to do with supply/demand and the education level of the population.

A dedication to you Hound:

HINT: Has something to do with supply/demand and the education level of the population.
It certainly has to do with supply and demand. You are constricted by the coast and so cannot expand that direction.

Then you have onerous zoning regulations, housing codes, etc that drive up the cost of new housing, etc. etc.

It is geography and bureaucracy (bad policy) that make housing in the bay area and many other regions of CA overly expensive.

Hey guys, my wife and I have decided to get a "home for the road" when my dd graduates from High School, if we even have high school open this Fall. I won;t share what Grace and I already know about this Fall in Socal. If she knows the same folks I know, it's a full court press coming. The kind that a team does when their down 17 points with 2 minutes to go, so expect a lot of hard fouls. Make your free throws and it's game over for these cheaters who use kids to win. Sickos!!!

The USWNT lost because they were too old. Just read the tweet below. Prime age for a team winning a league or tournament is 27. The USWNT age was 30.8. That 14.7% difference in age is a large physical difference in performance. Older players can still produce moments of brilliance, but generally don’t have the physical speed or burst of younger players.

There were also other reasons they lost, but the selection was all wrong. Did anyone watch 20 Matthew Hope closing players down with 40 yard sprints in the 115th min after playing the full game game? Think any 35 year olds would have been able to do that?

@OptaJoe

30y 101d - Crystal Palace have today named their oldest ever starting XI in the Premier League; none of the last 17 teams to name a side with an average age of 30+ in the competition has won (D3 L14). Experience. #EVECRY
4:16 AM · Feb 8, 2020
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref...-of-their-squad/&tweet_id=1226117490058592256

Premier league teams and other Olympic teams kneel during their countries national anthem?

Premier league teams and other Olympic teams kneel during their countries national anthem?

Well there's no national anthem before Premier League games, so no. They kneel just prior to kickoff.

The National teams are the only ones who play the anthem, and now they stand for the anthem then kneel just prior to kickoff, so no.

Wow right on queue. If you speak her name three times in a mirror does antifa show up?

The psychology behind believing, without a scintilla of proof, that a scary lesbian coerced a majority of WNT players to kneel against their will is rather straightforward. Why does the bizarre idea like that even pop into one's head that a lesbian who allegedly asked teammates to consider kneeling with her must be a bully, when the only actual bullying (including almost daily death threats and physical assaults) that has ever happened with respect to kneeling has come from people like tjinaz who can't help but constantly express their hatred of the scary lesbian woman? How did you feel when SCOTUS ruled in favor of marriage equality tjinaz? Do you believe companies like bakeries should be allowed to deny services to gay people?

Let's talk about Carli Lloyd for a sec, who strangely decided in her final competitive WNT match to stand in opposition to social justice. It was a peculiar decision given there was no national anthem, so there was no argument that it was unpatriotic to kneel, and I think she was the only person including staff, the other team and even the referees, to stand. I have a question for Watfly. If kneeling to show support for social justice has been part of pre-games and essentially part of the game for pretty much every team in the U.S., England and elsewhere for years, if everyone else on the pitch is kneeling like they have always done for years, who is the unfocused player who is being selfish and causing distraction? Where is your post expressing how upset you were that Lloyd was not 100% focused but instead making a pretty bizarre and selfish political statement right before such an important game? Or do you believe Lloyd was the only person there who was 100% focused, while 21 of 22 starters, both teams' staff and benches and even the referees were the unfocused ones?

What I also find strange is that "almost" bully Rapinoe, who keeps tjinaz and desert hound up at night, had zero problems with Lloyd's decision to stand. It's almost, no exactly, like tjinaz's entire theory is just another attempt to slander gay people.

Attachments

• Olympics4.jpg
    Olympics4.jpg
    872.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Olympics3.jpg
    Olympics3.jpg
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Olympics.jpg
    Olympics.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 0
The psychology behind believing, without a scintilla of proof, that a scary lesbian coerced a majority of WNT players to kneel against their will is rather straightforward. Why does the bizarre idea like that even pop into one's head that a lesbian who allegedly asked teammates to consider kneeling with her must be a bully, when the only actual bullying (including almost daily death threats and physical assaults) that has ever happened with respect to kneeling has come from people like tjinaz who can't help but constantly express their hatred of the scary lesbian woman? How did you feel when SCOTUS ruled in favor of marriage equality tjinaz? Do you believe companies like bakeries should be allowed to deny services to gay people?

Let's talk about Carli Lloyd for a sec, who strangely decided in her final competitive WNT match to stand in opposition to social justice. It was a peculiar decision given there was no national anthem, so there was no argument that it was unpatriotic to kneel, and I think she was the only person including staff, the other team and even the referees, to stand. I have a question for Watfly. If kneeling to show support for social justice has been part of pre-games and essentially part of the game for pretty much every team in the U.S., England and elsewhere for years, if everyone else on the pitch is kneeling like they have always done for years, who is the unfocused player who is being selfish and causing distraction? Where is your post expressing how upset you were that Lloyd was not 100% focused but instead making a pretty bizarre and selfish political statement right before such an important game? Or do you believe Lloyd was the only person there who was 100% focused, while 21 of 22 starters, both teams' staff and benches and even the referees were the unfocused ones?

What I also find strange is that "almost" bully Rapinoe, who keeps tjinaz and desert hound up at night, had zero problems with Lloyd's decision to stand. It's almost, no exactly, like tjinaz's entire theory is just another attempt to slander gay people.
So to paraphrase your entire paragraph ... I will quote watfly again... "Comply or be labeled a racist, homophobe, misogynist, Nazi, Trump supporter, etc. See GoldenGate for exhibit A." I think this could be EOTL reincarnated.

Wasn't the first time that Carli Loyd stood . The Aussies also stood. Gotta luv choices. Carlie Loyd has also said Rapino's antics are a distraction and that she should find another way to protest. They are still friends, just disagree on certain things.

Kneel, who cares. Stand, who cares. Regardless of which one you choose, be prepared for criticism. They are professional athletes, they should be able to chew gum and walk at the same time.

Back