Time to Play

Then stay home on your knees.
[/QUOTE
It's really interesting to realize that there are so many people who lack flexibility, fortitude, and patience. This generation, the "me" generation, probably could not have survived WWI or WW2. The US deaths during WW1 from military action was about 54,000 and another 63,000 from the Spanish flu of individuals in the military, for a total of about 117,000. Less than what we have lost in six months from covid. But hey, out of site out of mind.

I just got back from our daughter's 1st soccer practice in a field. All the parents dropped of the girls, they had to take the temperature, they were wearing mask, each one had a square and they couldnt leave the square. They were sprinting with a good 10 feet distance from each other. The Coach had a mask and maintained distance.

So, I started walking to the other side of the park, and I find baseball players with no social distancing, softball players huddled up, and 5v5 basketball game for some 30+ old men.

I just shook my head thinking, only the young soccer players are stuck following the rules. LOL
What is the effectiveness of the flu vaccine?
About 70% for seasonal flu.

Even with kids receiving flu vaccine shots, they are effected exponentially more by the flu virus then the Covid virus. ALL DATA points show kids are fine to play.
You do realize it is not that kids will get really sick from covid but that they will spread it to their parents, teachers (if school resumes) family and friends. Then all those people will spread it to others.

Beautiful night at the Great Park tonight. I felt safe. I saw all the soccer players, coaches and the parents following all the rules. Others sports, not so much and wont snitch on the hoop players but.........All and all a great night and the girls had fun :)

Beautiful night at the Great Park tonight. I felt safe. I saw all the soccer players, coaches and the parents following all the rules. Others sports, not so much and wont snitch on the hoop players but.........All and all a great night and the girls had fun :)
My daughter's first comment was "it's not the same, we can't really talk to each other."

Risk vs. reward... that's life.

You do realize it is not that kids will get really sick from covid but that they will spread it to their parents, teachers (if school resumes) family and friends. Then all those people will spread it to others.
yup, just like the flu that kills more kids than COVID.

...soooo, we all hide in our houses till when?
And that is the problem people are not thinking about.

1) for the vast majority of people there is little risk associated with covid
2) if you are young, virtually no risk
3) 40+% of all deaths are people in assisted/nursing home situations
4) we dont know if there will be a vaccine, how effective one may be, and how long it will take before it becomes available. The various experts say 18 months or so.

So with little risk to the overall population, the uncertainty if we get a vaccine, etc. How long are we going to run around wearing masks, not opening up all biz, etc? What play it "safe" for another year and a half and hope by then some vaccine comes around?

Because the virus isn't just going away if we hide in our houses.

My daughter's first comment was "it's not the same, we can't really talk to each other."

Or, "what is this?" It is hard to explain to a street smart kid about all the hypocrisy going on with the adults. Kids see right through this. The only place in OC that I saw the rules followed strictly was at the former El Toro Marine Base 1300+ acres, The Great Park. Some dam good Marines came from that land and its pretty much a place where rules should be followed. Keep in mind this is phase 1 and only the beginning of what will be an incredible fall soccer season at the ECNL. Let me break it all down on how I see things going this year.
Phase 1=Pre-Camp Conditioning. No hard core ganas games. Lot's of preventive care and ACL exercises.
Phase 2= Real Camp Starts. Finalize your roster
Phase 3= Time to Play. Ganas begins
Phase 4= ECNL Fall Ball

4) we dont know if there will be a vaccine, how effective one may be, and how long it will take before it becomes available. The various experts say 18 months or so.

So with little risk to the overall population, the uncertainty if we get a vaccine, etc. How long are we going to run around wearing masks, not opening up all biz, etc? What play it "safe" for another year and a half and hope by then some vaccine comes around?

How will we deal with not having enough ICU beds to treat the most ill? If we just look at the increase rate over the last week in ICU cases in Orange County, we will reach capacity in about 9 weeks for licensed ICU beds. As far as hospital beds in total, if we keep increasing at the rate we have in the last 2 weeks, we start reaching some serious capacity concerns in October. What options do we have then? What do you think the State or county will do then? Go to another county where they are also experiencing increasing rates? Can we slow the spread....yes. Wear a mask in every day life when social distancing can't be accomplished. Recent studies show it. All of the people refusing to do it are contributing to a most certain shut down again at some level.

I just want the kids to get back out before they start various levels of shut down again. The kids being outside with all of the safeguards is pretty low risk of contracting the illness.

1593009928596.png

How will we deal with not having enough ICU beds to treat the most ill? If we just look at the increase rate over the last week in ICU cases in Orange County, we will reach capacity in about 9 weeks for licensed ICU beds. As far as hospital beds in total, if we keep increasing at the rate we have in the last 2 weeks, we start reaching some serious capacity concerns in October. What options do we have then? What do you think the State or county will do then? Go to another county where they are also experiencing increasing rates? Can we slow the spread....yes. Wear a mask in every day life when social distancing can't be accomplished. Recent studies show it. All of the people refusing to do it are contributing to a most certain shut down again at some level.

I just want the kids to get back out before they start various levels of shut down again. The kids being outside with all of the safeguards is pretty low risk of contracting the illness.

View attachment 7878
Phase 1 pre-camp is ok, right?

View attachment 7878
I can understand the reluctance of believing the experts regarding masks considering the multiple flip-flops of the WHO and Fauci, who knowingly lied about his belief in the effectiveness of wearing a mask. However, there's enough evidence to believe that wearing a mask and social distancing is effective. It's not all bad news for soccer. If the protests aren't behind any known spikes, then kids playing soccer outdoors with parents wearing masks won't cause any spikes either.

Flu vaccine effectiveness averages around 50%. After decades there is still no AIDS vaccine. The outright hypocrisy and petty politics from government officials and "experts" is pathetic. Ultimately, this should be an individual decision...times up.

Or, "what is this?" It is hard to explain to a street smart kid about all the hypocrisy going on with the adults. Kids see right through this. The only place in OC that I saw the rules followed strictly was at the former El Toro Marine Base 1300+ acres, The Great Park. Some dam good Marines came from that land and its pretty much a place where rules should be followed. Keep in mind this is phase 1 and only the beginning of what will be an incredible fall soccer season at the ECNL. Let me break it all down on how I see things going this year.
Phase 1=Pre-Camp Conditioning. No hard core ganas games. Lot's of preventive care and ACL exercises.
Phase 2= Real Camp Starts. Finalize your roster
Phase 3= Time to Play. Ganas begins
Phase 4= ECNL Fall Ball
Kids have been isolated since March, they can't even get close enough on the field to talk and see each other's expressions...This plan lacks logic and common sense, it's unacceptable.

View attachment 7878
We are not going to run out of beds.

Even in the states hit the hardest (NY, NJ) where a substantial portion of all deaths have occurred never ran out of beds.

Tell her, model for her, be an example, IT IS NOT FOREVER! Give her options, be positive about what she can do. Of course it is not the same. It is also not the same as sheltering in place. We will get back to normal. Children reflect what the parents say and do. Guess what? Negative parents beget negative kids. Sit down with her and talk to her about what she is really missing, validate what she says then discuss options and what path we are on to get back to normal. We are developing better therapeutics, we will eventually get a vaccine.

Back