Surf Cup Scandal: Dallas Texans (PST) Salazar colludes with TFA

TFA (and Texans) parents all had a choice, when the coaches proposed to fix the match. They could go along with a corrupt plan because their fear of repercussions from the coach, or they could take a stand on their principles and teach their sons a lesson he would take with him for the rest of his life. Cheating is wrong.

I feel badly for the kids. They didn't fully grasp that what they were doing was wrong, but the coach did. The parents did. Shameful.

Neither coach will ever coach a team at any Surf Cup event again.
Welcome to the forum. Sic what some do to get a trophy.

TFA (and Texans) parents all had a choice, when the coaches proposed to fix the match. They could go along with a corrupt plan because their fear of repercussions from the coach, or they could take a stand on their principles and teach their sons a lesson he would take with him for the rest of his life. Cheating is wrong.

I feel badly for the kids. They didn't fully grasp that what they were doing was wrong, but the coach did. The parents did. Shameful.

Neither coach will ever coach a team at any Surf Cup event again.
Did any surf parents have a meeting prior to the tournament about having their brackets fixed ?? And have them changed so they can be challenged???
You gotta be blind or a hypocrite
Just look at all the age groups
Not 2 strong teams on any of their brackets
Look at 07s for example
Easy pathway to finals
Surf has been fixing brackets but now they bitching about it
What can you say about that?
Btw welcome to the forum

Did any surf parents have a meeting prior to the tournament about having their brackets fixed ?? And have them changed so they can be challenged???
Look at 07s for example
Easy pathway to finals
Btw welcome to the forum
Most parents are clueless about the inner workings of the big fixes in soccer. I was shocked to find out what and how things truly work. All who host a tournament will always make sure their is a clear path way to the finals. Sounds like Dallas and TFC did a little intervention and made sure no Surf in finals this time? If that's the case, then maybe it wasnt really cheating, just a shrewd way to out fox the fox? If best of the best, then they should just draw names out of hate and put groups together.

Obviously you are with surf
Scores seem very consistent
Look at the scores and they are pretty consistent a 13-0 TFA win and a 10-0 Texans win vs Mendes
0-0 tie in last group TFA and Texans
And 2-1 win for Texans in final
So now what are your expectations of how the 0-0 game should have been ?
Surf always favorites their teams in bracket placing no one cries about it..
If you think Surf plays rigs the brackets, just go to a different tournament instead. I hear Silver Lakes is nice. Call up other coaches and let them know you’ll be there.

Of course, your own reputation matters if you want to bring along other clubs. Fewer people will follow TFA or Texans now than would have followed them a month ago.

Look at 07s for example
Easy pathway to finals
Btw welcome to the forum

You are obviously a TFA parent.

If a coach sent texts and teamsnaps to the team telling them they would arrange the bracket to be easy, parents would complain...almost no one who plays COMPETITIVE soccer wants that. Take you kid to AYSO with that garbage.

Your complaint about bracketing is null because there were no complicit coaches or parents who planned it. The difference is you knew and chose to be blind or a hypocrite calling yourself a competitive team.

So yeah, it makes sense that people judge your teams for having no morals, you proved it! Oh wait never mind, I just remembered you walk around with your shirts tucked in....amazing values!

The good news is you begged Dallas to have mercy on you in the group stage so you can get your butt whooping in the finals. Little Panfilo got to get his losing medal from competitive soccer. You really wanted that silver SURF medal...badly. Little Panfilo will definitely go pro with this new confidence of cheating to get second place.

BTW welcome to the B team.

Obviously you are with surf
Scores seem very consistent
Look at the scores and they are pretty consistent a 13-0 TFA win and a 10-0 Texans win vs Mendes
0-0 tie in last group TFA and Texans
And 2-1 win for Texans in final
So now what are your expectations of how the 0-0 game should have been ?
Surf always favorites their teams in bracket placing no one cries about it..

Found the TFA club admin, everyone!

Had anyone asked how a tie would keep Surf out? That could only happen if Surf lost or tied a previous game. I’m sorry, but if you don’t go undefeated at Surf Cup, it is very hard to make the finals. The fact that Surf coach and parents were there watching the game means they depended on somebody else’s score to make the final. What a big fat nothingburger, get over it.

I have insight into the clubs involved and want to clear a few things up. Surf Cup was not the best of the best for 2010 boys. This tournament was made for Surf Select to come out of 1 bracket and the Texans to come out of the other bracket. But wait what about TFA?

TFA's top team did not participate. They decided it was not worth the risk to participate due to COVID.

TFA took their "B" team (second team). This "B" team is compromised of brand new players coming from outside the club with the exception of 2 returning players from last year's team. Most of these players come with the illusion of making the top team; however the reality is they are not the priority and is pretty much an independent team with a TFA logo on it. They don't train or interact with the top team. This was their chance to taste a little glory and play in a final. Was it wrong? absolutely. Should the coach be held accountable? Definitely. But to say that TFA has no morals or prioritizing winning at all cost, that simply is not true. As a matter of fact most of their top teams usually play up, they win many top competitions at the younger ages because they are looking to compete against top opponents, and they are constantly getting raided by LAFC and Galaxy for their players because they develop players, not fix matches and prioritize winning.

Texans- The coach loves to win. In this age group, he lost his top 3-4 players to the MLS academy Dallas FC. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for this age group, but he's doing everything he can to keep his brand and promote the team in hopes to reload. They won Supercopa because they flew out a kid from the east coast to play with them. Is it crazy, yes, but this is what Salazar does for a living. Did he go too far with this? Absolutely.

Surf- Real talk? How do you tie that Arizona team? Or were you also messing with the brackets and hoping for certain matchups?

If a coach sent texts and teamsnaps to the team telling them they would arrange the bracket to be easy, parents would complain...almost no one who plays COMPETITIVE soccer wants that. Take you kid to AYSO with that garbage.

Your complaint about bracketing is null because there were no complicit coaches or parents who planned it. The difference is you knew and chose to be blind or a hypocrite calling yourself a competitive team.

So yeah, it makes sense that people judge your teams for having no morals, you proved it! Oh wait never mind, I just remembered you walk around with your shirts tucked in....amazing values!

The good news is you begged Dallas to have mercy on you in the group stage so you can get your butt whooping in the finals. Little Panfilo got to get his losing medal from competitive soccer. You really wanted that silver SURF medal...badly. Little Panfilo will definitely go pro with this new confidence of cheating to get second place.

Look I would be angry too but don't lump the entire club into it. Surf is everywhere, if their is misconduct by a particular coach, player, or team is that how the entire club is??

No B team here
Been to many surf tournaments
Ok so which medal is the surf team crying for
The first place or the second place?

I'll call a BS on this one. Sounds to me that some unhappy parent conspiracy theory.
Whoever says that 2 competitive U10 boys team can't have 0:0 score have no clue about soccer. I've seen it many times.
I also seen and have been in a situation where last group game didn't mean much since 2 teams will be playing each other again in the final anyway.

No B team here
Been to many surf tournaments
Ok so which medal is the surf team crying for
The first place or the second place?

Let's be real...If surf select gets in...they would have won the entire thing. So again, the question comes up, why did Surf tie their 3rd game?

I'll call a BS on this one. Sounds to me that some unhappy parent conspiracy theory.
Whoever says that 2 competitive U10 boys team can't have 0:0 score have no clue about soccer. I've seen it many times.
I also seen and have been in a situation where last group game didn't mean much since 2 teams will be playing each other again in the final anyway.
It's not BS. It happens, but not this obvious. These guys arranged it.

I always find it fascinating how seriously some people overreact to other teams, coaches and parents taking games too seriously.

I have insight into the clubs involved and want to clear a few things up. Surf Cup was not the best of the best for 2010 boys. This tournament was made for Surf Select to come out of 1 bracket and the Texans to come out of the other bracket. But wait what about TFA?

TFA's top team did not participate. They decided it was not worth the risk to participate due to COVID.

TFA took their "B" team (second team). This "B" team is compromised of brand new players coming from outside the club with the exception of 2 returning players from last year's team. Most of these players come with the illusion of making the top team; however the reality is they are not the priority and is pretty much an independent team with a TFA logo on it. They don't train or interact with the top team. This was their chance to taste a little glory and play in a final. Was it wrong? absolutely. Should the coach be held accountable? Definitely. But to say that TFA has no morals or prioritizing winning at all cost, that simply is not true. As a matter of fact most of their top teams usually play up, they win many top competitions at the younger ages because they are looking to compete against top opponents, and they are constantly getting raided by LAFC and Galaxy for their players because they develop players, not fix matches and prioritize winning.

Texans- The coach loves to win. In this age group, he lost his top 3-4 players to the MLS academy Dallas FC. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for this age group, but he's doing everything he can to keep his brand and promote the team in hopes to reload. They won Supercopa because they flew out a kid from the east coast to play with them. Is it crazy, yes, but this is what Salazar does for a living. Did he go too far with this? Absolutely.

Surf- Real talk? How do you tie that Arizona team? Or were you also messing with the brackets and hoping for certain matchups?
Sounds like the coach from Dallas is the real deal and knows how to win at the youngers. He likes medals and what winner doesnt, right? The Gaffer on the girls side from OC has won so many State Cups ((the one that really matters)) that I lost track. BTW, he would never pull a stunt like that. "Let's tie so we can......." Yuck!!! Reminds me of when the Earthquakes came down to play the U17s #1 So Cal Blues team in the country last year. I even was going to watch ((my dd has old teammates on that #1 team )) and see the top two battle it. Surf was not even close to being top in that age group. Beach FC was super good too and Legends. Anyway, EQ got spanked 8-0 by Da Blues. I was shocked and so happy for my pal. However, we found out they sent their B team. Were messing with fire everyone. We need to find the true way to the top or some say the finals and the best of the best, MOO!!!

I always find it fascinating how seriously some people overreact to other teams, coaches and parents taking games too seriously.
Are serious? Drive 400 miles for fixings the finals? That is not best of the best mind set at all bro. If true, it's bush. The Eagle has landed and he's saying BS. I have no skin in the this at all and probably should mine my own business but I love this stuff :)

Let's be real...If surf select gets in...they would have won the entire thing. So again, the question comes up, why did Surf tie their 3rd game?
Maybe they wanted to go in as a wildcard?
And they were hoping to play them in the final

Question is this why didn’t surf schedule last game of group at the same time??

Maybe they wanted to go in as a wildcard?
And they were hoping to play them in the final

Question is this why didn’t surf schedule last game of group at the same time??
Scheduling the 3rd games at the same time is good practice, but wouldn't have helped in this case.

You could look at the standings Sunday night and know that bracket C teams needed 7 points (plus goal differential) to advance.

Same -- however I have never seen nor been in a situation where those two teams didn't attempt a SOG.

Back