Surf Cup Scandal: Dallas Texans (PST) Salazar colludes with TFA

Can't agree more. While this is certainly stooopid, it's no surprise that adults are behaving this way. The more reason U10s should be playing sand lot soccer, developing foot skills, having fun ,etc. Hey 10 yr old, don't score.

This made my day...ha..
I was confused so I looked up on Google :) This is a good kind of nosey imo. If the slander is wrong, then they can be sued. If I'm driving my 10 year old from CA to AZ to play the best, then I want the best to play their best. Agreeing to tie is discusting where I come from. This is best of the best tournament, not best who can fix a tie as to fix the finals. Pure lameness. I like you Happy but this one sucks, if true. If not true and we find out someone is lying and making up a nosey story for the hell of it then they should be in trouble with that nosey lie.

"Can't/couldn't agree more" (not "any more") is an English idiomatic turn of phrase that means "agreeing fully." Think of yourself agreeing 100% already, so it's impossible to agree even more than that -- couldn't agree more.

Respectfully disagree -- if this coach is willing to do this, what other garbage are they going to pull when you go up against them. Abuse of the substitutions rule, fake kids ages, fake club pass players, targeting kids, you immediately become suspicious of every single thing this coach does. Match fixing is probably one of the worst things you can do to your reputation and while I understand parents may feel pressured into not talking about it, they should demand that this coach not be let anywhere near their kids after this.
I just can't make the leap to other misdeeds based on allegations from a hack website. But yes I agree if this is true it does raise question about this guys character. I've said before we need to take back power from coaches and clubs. The parents should have absolutely stood up to the coach and say our kids aren't fixing the game. Unfortunately parents are too afraid to say anything because they think it will impact their kids standing with the team. While one coach made the decision there were a dozen or more parents that could have said this isn't the right thing to do. It's not our position to publicly shame the coach across the internet. I guess I'm just not into the whole justice warrior thing on the internet. These matters should be handled by tourney officials, coach, club and parents. A coach touches a kid and my opinion would likely be different.

Clubs lose on purpose to avoid match-ups come State Cup.......dont see whats any different in this scenario.

Until rules change at tournaments to throw out a draw this wont be the last time we see this.

Also not believing that parents didnt speak up. This is now 2021 the year of entitlement. Playing not to win wouldn't look good on mommys Instagram Account.

I agree that clubs do the same thing. Look at SD Surf that weekend for example, across all age groups for the most part their teams totally dominated group play and had the easiest path to the finals. Semi final games were designed so their teams would play the wildcard teams and It appears it worked as they won multiple titles this year. Not saying SD Surf is not a good club because they are just saying everyone is always looking for a competitive advantage

I was confused so I looked up on Google :) This is a good kind of nosey imo. If the slander is wrong, then they can be sued. If I'm driving my 10 year old from CA to AZ to play the best, then I want the best to play their best. Agreeing to tie is discusting where I come from. This is best of the best tournament, not best who can fix a tie as to fix the finals. Pure lameness. I like you Happy but this one sucks, if true. If not true and we find out someone is lying and making up a nosey story for the hell of it then they should be in trouble with that nosey lie.

"Can't/couldn't agree more" (not "any more") is an English idiomatic turn of phrase that means "agreeing fully." Think of yourself agreeing 100% already, so it's impossible to agree even more than that -- couldn't agree more.
Ha - well done. hopefully after your investigation, you can explain for me what I mean.

I agree that clubs do the same thing. Look at SD Surf that weekend for example, across all age groups for the most part their teams totally dominated group play and had the easiest path to the finals. Semi final games were designed so their teams would play the wildcard teams and It appears it worked as they won multiple titles this year. Not saying SD Surf is not a good club because they are just saying everyone is always looking for a competitive advantage
boys side they made two finals and lost both games. Girls side they made 4 finals and won each , 2 games by penalty kicks I think. Tournaments are always construed .

I've said before we need to take back power from coaches and clubs. The parents should have absolutely stood up to the coach and say our kids aren't fixing the game. Unfortunately parents are too afraid to say anything because they think it will impact their kids standing with the team.
Now you know why I'm here Wat Fly. Not only the standing with the team, but all the decision makers who make big decisions. It sucks that so many parents are afraid to speck up on behalf of fairness. Crush was not afraid ((maybe crazy and sometimes I wonder if I talk too much)) like most parents were afraid because coaches and Docs have had the power and they like to itimidate. Not all and the one I delt with the most is out of the game. I do not judge those who have remained silent and only they know the truth. The truth all comes out some day. Stop it!!! Stop cheating and earn it for once!!!

As parents it would have been a good time to forfeit the game, report the coaches, take a stand and teach the kids an important life lesson. Usually people will only do what they are allowed to get away with. Seems like the coach has been enabled along the way. Pretty lame to try and call out the coach after the fact

As parents it would have been a good time to forfeit the game, report the coaches, take a stand and teach the kids an important life lesson. Usually people will only do what they are allowed to get away with. Seems like the coach has been enabled along the way. Pretty lame to try and call out the coach after the fact
From the TFA side they have no morals plain and simple. Even if some parents did want to forfeit the game their would be consequences for them afterwards being kick oht the team their kids not played the season ect on the tfa side that how they do things

From the TFA side they have no morals plain and simple. Even if some parents did want to forfeit the game their would be consequences for them afterwards being kick oht the team their kids not played the season ect on the tfa side that how they do things
I can say with the best of the best of the top clubs ((boys or girls)) their is a 100% consequences for not keeping mouth shut or not following the rest of the soccer families wishes, which is to keep big mouth shut. Each club is family, dont you forget that and has a boss. Trust me, I should know. Keep big mouth shut if you want something from this sport is all I can say. Expose this nonsense once & for all so the next group of kids don;'t have to put up with this BS of, "kiss my ass parent if you want something from ME, the coach or the doc or both" Kissing ass really means turning a blind eye to BS, cheating, fixing spots, buying some spots for others so one can win and fixing things so your dd or son gets all the glory at special events. I just hope those who do kiss ass get what they truly deserve. Not a fair way for the rest of us either way you slice it. No parent walks into some club going around with their 12 year old scorer demanding, "kiss my ass doc and then maybe we can cut a deal for my dd services." Who acts like that dad? Yuckie and Yikes. To have some soccer dad accuse me of that is insane!!!!!

No morals?
Which club has morals???
Did your kid get kicked out of TFA ? Now you want your chance at your 5 mins of shame...
♂️

If parents in either side had any guts, they would have kept their kid at the hotel. Not a chance in the world I am paying for a trip to Arizona and having a idiot coach tell my kid he can’t compete. Coach would have about 30 minutes to rescind the TeamSnap message or we are heading for the airport.

While I think its super lame for them to have allegedly "fixed" the game, I don't think it warrants publicly shaming the coach by name and photo across the internet without much evidence. Whoever posted it on their hack website obviously has an axe to grind with this coach. I'm sure he and others think they're providing a "public service" to the soccer community, but this has no impact on any of us unless we were the team that missed the playoffs. I don't condone this but its hardly that scandalous, it happens on occasion in some form of the other. Its really no worse than having to run up a score on a team to make the playoffs. Seems like another example of the rise of the Nosey Neighbor.

Evidence:

1) The Surf coach whose team was eliminated by the conspiracy watched the match
2) Dozens of parents also watched the match
3) The referees told Surf Cup staff that "no one tried to score"
4) There are screenshots of text messages between parents confirming the scheme
5) There are screenshots of TeamSnap messages outlining the scheme
6) A Surf staffer asked the boys "raise your hand if someone asked you to not score and not try to win in your last game?" Every hand went up.
7) Find me ONE other TFA match with that team that ended 0-0 with no shots on goal.

But do you know what the best evidence is? The TFA coach said he has the game video. Well, we can clear this right up and restore your reputation, Mr. Caparelli. Post the video.

Evidence:

1) The Surf coach whose team was eliminated by the conspiracy watched the match
2) Dozens of parents also watched the match
3) The referees told Surf Cup staff that "no one tried to score"
4) There are screenshots of text messages between parents confirming the scheme
5) There are screenshots of TeamSnap messages outlining the scheme
6) A Surf staffer asked the boys "raise your hand if someone asked you to not score and not try to win in your last game?" Every hand went up.
7) Find me ONE other TFA match with that team that ended 0-0 with no shots on goal.

But do you know what the best evidence is? The TFA coach said he has the game video. Well, we can clear this right up and restore your reputation, Mr. Caparelli. Post the video.
Obviously you are with surf
Scores seem very consistent
Look at the scores and they are pretty consistent a 13-0 TFA win and a 10-0 Texans win vs Mendes
0-0 tie in last group TFA and Texans
And 2-1 win for Texans in final
So now what are your expectations of how the 0-0 game should have been ?
Surf always favorites their teams in bracket placing no one cries about it..

Obviously you are with surf
Scores seem very consistent
Look at the scores and they are pretty consistent a 13-0 TFA win and a 10-0 Texans win vs Mendes
0-0 tie in last group TFA and Texans
And 2-1 win for Texans in final
So now what are your expectations of how the 0-0 game should have been ?
Surf always favorites their teams in bracket placing no one cries about it..

There are lots of legitimate 0-0 matches. That's not the issue. The issue is that neither team tried to go to goal. Multiple times kids had a clear path to goal and they turned off and passed back. It's cheating. And clearly the Texans parents were unhappy about it. Enough to contact Surf Cup staff, enough to have a parent meeting about it, and enough to contact a local news site. TFA parents? No such ethical struggles, it sounds like. Teaching your kids that cheating is ok at an early age, as long as it helps you win.

TFA (and Texans) parents all had a choice, when the coaches proposed to fix the match. They could go along with a corrupt plan because their fear of repercussions from the coach, or they could take a stand on their principles and teach their sons a lesson he would take with him for the rest of his life. Cheating is wrong.

I feel badly for the kids. They didn't fully grasp that what they were doing was wrong, but the coach did. The parents did. Shameful.

Neither coach will ever coach a team at any Surf Cup event again.

Back