Strikers ECNL rumors

Every 2021 player but 1 who wants to play college on my son's u19ECNL team has there school commitments. They may not be the first choice and recruiting for 2021 boys was difficult with the limited number of scholarships, C19, dark period and the fifth year eligibility. We changed course early on and my son can not wait to move on.
what do you mean changed course early on?

Strikers girls ECNL teams were reconfigured this past season because of the shared resources with LASC. I’m sure it left a lot of families feeling lied to. The two clubs had/ have slightly better than average talent and hoped that bringing them together would produce better results. I think they were disappointed this season.

Strikers girls ECNL teams were reconfigured this past season because of the shared resources with LASC. I’m sure it left a lot of families feeling lied to. The two clubs had/ have slightly better than average talent and hoped that bringing them together would produce better results. I think they were disappointed this season.
Most of the LASC/Strikers team are ECRL. Only the ECNL U18/19 Composite team has LASC/LA Surf DA/So Cal Academy players and the LASC coach on it...But players can move back and forth from NL and RL teams

The 06 ecnl team got the strikers/lasc players and coach...the ecrl team is same as last year

My DDs team has not played Strikers 06 ECNL team yet this season....and never have played them as we are coming from the DA........but it looks like whatever changes they made to it did not work..... looking through the schedule shows big losses of 0-8 to Surf, 0-8 to Blues, and then 1-5 and 0-4 losses to the two Slammers teams (A and B) this past weekend...... I will see when we finally get to play as results often do not tell the whole story..

to answer the above.....no I am pretty sure that Strikers girls ECNL status will be unaffected...... but I did not know GA and MLA had a link so there is that.......

Question--If Strikers Boys are leaving ECNL and going to MLS Next then does this affect the Strikers girls? Especially if MLS has a relationship to GA. If someone stated or asked this earlier my apologizes.

In the past "all in" has been a factor if you don't win ECNL championship's or not with a big name MLS type club. Just look at Surf which is much bigger vs Strikers.

The resources and players pool required to participate in both leagues successful are pretty demanding and even those with better finances have had mixed results so far with the boys. Pay to play is yet another challenge in that regard.

I won't be surprised if ECRL is offered instead of ECNL for non-mls clubs that are in MLS-NEXT.

Question--If Strikers Boys are leaving ECNL and going to MLS Next then does this affect the Strikers girls? Especially if MLS has a relationship to GA. If someone stated or asked this earlier my apologizes.
My understanding is they are NOT leaving ECNL boys. From what I hear, they will be moving their current ECNL teams to MLS Next and they ECRL teams will be ECNL.

My understanding is they are NOT leaving ECNL boys. From what I hear, they will be moving their current ECNL teams to MLS Next and they ECRL teams will be ECNL.
Follow up question-How does ECNL feel about Strikers moving their top boys team to MLS Next?

Follow up question-How does ECNL feel about Strikers moving their top boys team to MLS Next?
Boys ECNL either hasn't cared or hasn't had the same leverage as Girls ECNL to force the issue in the past. Even before MLS Next, Boys ECNL had a number of clubs nationwide with both DA and ECNL (although in some cases there wasn't an overlap in all age groups) and they continue to permit that currently. In the Socal/Southwest area, LA Surf, Phoenix Rising, and RSL-AZ all have both, and nationally there a bunch of top clubs with both, including Vardar, Real Colorado, PDA, Orlando City Youth, FC Delco, and Boston Bolts. That may change, but I suspect that right now Boys ECNL would rather have the additional clubs and wait to see how things shakeout with elite boys leagues over time than to cut ties with them altogether.

Boys ECNL either hasn't cared or hasn't had the same leverage as Girls ECNL to force the issue in the past. Even before MLS Next, Boys ECNL had a number of clubs nationwide with both DA and ECNL (although in some cases there wasn't an overlap in all age groups) and they continue to permit that currently. In the Socal/Southwest area, LA Surf, Phoenix Rising, and RSL-AZ all have both, and nationally there a bunch of top clubs with both, including Vardar, Real Colorado, PDA, Orlando City Youth, FC Delco, and Boston Bolts. That may change, but I suspect that right now Boys ECNL would rather have the additional clubs and wait to see how things shakeout with elite boys leagues over time than to cut ties with them altogether.

This past year ECNL boys expanded exponentially to try to capture some of the former DA clubs.

The terms of joining ECNL include the requirement to enter the clubs top team in each age group. There are standards and guidelines and competition that clubs must participate in. You can bet they will look at that for new clubs or those jumping into other leagues after the fact.

Obviously when you look at Phoenix and RSL that didn't happen and they are either looking to leave for MLS-next, other leagues or know they won't be asked back sooner or later.

For the boys ECNL there is going to be a reconfigution of the SW division since there are basically too many teams and the competition is not closed to balanced. Teams ~ 6-12 are < 2 ppg and the bottom 4-5 can hardly get a win in a season. If they keep 20 teams which I have some doubts they will likely they go back to multiple flights each age group like what was originally planned. Either that or drop 4-5 and keep one bracket per age.

That is the question..and any new teams being added? Any more teams leaving Boys ECNL?

Only been around for 3 years or so on the boys side and yes so far there has been clubs moving around every year. Will this new 2021-2 season be any different?

May time frame is normally when new clubs are annouced but could be delayed this season and drops could be more on the down low or not until the playoffs are over until the new maps are published.

Did this question get definitively answered? Does anyone know if the Strikers girls will continue to play ECNL in the 2021-2022 season? Or, when that would be officially decided/announced?

Girls have nothing to worry aboutthey will be ECNL this fall.
Well, I remember back when my dd _________________________________________________________________________________________________ and the Doc said the same thing you just said. The next day, it was called DPL. I teach my little one to always be prepared for the worst but hope for the best when it comes to soccer.

Back