Strikers ECNL rumors

ECNL's CL said it was your top teams or nothing. Strikers tried to give him alternatives but he wasn't having it. Rumor is multiple other clubs with teams in ecnl (boys) will have to exit as well. Im indifferent between ECNl and MLS next, their too new on the boys side to see what competition is better. Its a shame CL was not interested in working with clubs.

ECNL's CL said it was your top teams or nothing. Strikers tried to give him alternatives but he wasn't having it. Rumor is multiple other clubs with teams in ecnl (boys) will have to exit as well. Im indifferent between ECNl and MLS next, their too new on the boys side to see what competition is better. Its a shame CL was not interested in working with clubs.

a few years back, ECNLfor boys didn’t exist. Call it whatever you want but there needs to be one program for the elite players on the boys side.

Also, it’s time to get rid of ECRL and discovery. These are useless programs only designed to make money for the clubs.

I only got one more year of club fellas. When I was a young father like some of you are now, it was ECNL for the girls and DA for the boys and that's it. Today, it's a mess. Good luck sorting all this out. I know a really good coach looking for Tier 1 ((not ECNL)) players for 04 & 05. Healthy environment and a focus on playing local and having fun with a gr8t chance of getting recruited to a good college. PM me if this fits you. Only two or three spots available with plenty of play time to boot :) South OC area over by Ladera.

Last edited:
a few years back, ECNLfor boys didn’t exist. Call it whatever you want but there needs to be one program for the elite players on the boys side.

Also, it’s time to get rid of ECRL and discovery. These are useless programs only designed to make money for the clubs.
So then what is your suggestion for a higher level player that isn't playing MLS or ECNL?

Good intel so will there be replacement clubs for those departing?

I would imagine so, but who, liverpool? When Strikers leave , and any other clubs that has one team in MLS next and one in ecnl , they will have to pick one or the other can't do both. So if Real is truly part of lafc now and not some license bullshit , then they can't play ecnl and MLS, same with RSL, you can't have both according to CL.
SW for ecnl had some really poor performing clubs West Coast LA surf ,slammers, Pat, couple of AZ teams, BUT they have alot of teams left in the division, when strikers leave , their going to lose some of the best teams they have right now.
Obviously theres politics, but on the boys side, I think MLS next just scored with adding strikers and ecnl got another strike against them. If they have other clubs drop like RSL and Real, ecnl will still have 16-18 teams left.
I dont know if MLS next is better , we will find out..but I would plan on seeing more changes before the season starts...

I would imagine so, but who, liverpool? When Strikers leave , and any other clubs that has one team in MLS next and one in ecnl , they will have to pick one or the other can't do both. So if Real is truly part of lafc now and not some license bullshit , then they can't play ecnl and MLS, same with RSL, you can't have both according to CL.
SW for ecnl had some really poor performing clubs West Coast LA surf ,slammers, Pat, couple of AZ teams, BUT they have alot of teams left in the division, when strikers leave , their going to lose some of the best teams they have right now.
Obviously theres politics, but on the boys side, I think MLS next just scored with adding strikers and ecnl got another strike against them. If they have other clubs drop like RSL and Real, ecnl will still have 16-18 teams left.
I dont know if MLS next is better , we will find out..but I would plan on seeing more changes before the season starts...

RSL-AZ is already out of ECNL. They moved their teams to EA for next season.

So then what is your suggestion for a higher level player that isn't playing MLS or ECNL?

Girls Side: 1. ECNL/DA 2. FLight 1 Champion/Premier CSL 3. Flight 1 Europa/Gold CSL 4. Flight 2 /Silver Elite & Silver 5. Flight 3 /Bronze

Boys Side: 1. MLS Next/Academy 2. Flight 1 Champion/Premier CSL 3 Fight 1 Europa/Gold CSL, and the flight 2, and flght 3

This is an old article from 2014 but it shows the probability to make it to college soccer and to the pro's. I would assume that if you use 2020 numbers, the odds are even more challenging.

Soccer for Men: 412,351 boys play high school soccer in the US
1 in 11 high school players will play in college

1 in 5,355 high school players will be drafted to the MLS

1 in 447 college players will be drafted in the MLS

Mike Stobe/Getty Images
Soccer for Women: 373,391 girls play high school soccer in the US

1 in 10 high school players will play in college

1 in 10,316 high school players will be drafted to the NWSL

1 in 986 college players will be drafted in the NWSL

Girls Side: 1. ECNL/DA 2. FLight 1 Champion/Premier CSL 3. Flight 1 Europa/Gold CSL 4. Flight 2 /Silver Elite & Silver 5. Flight 3 /Bronze

Boys Side: 1. MLS Next/Academy 2. Flight 1 Champion/Premier CSL 3 Fight 1 Europa/Gold CSL, and the flight 2, and flght 3

This is an old article from 2014 but it shows the probability to make it to college soccer and to the pro's. I would assume that if you use 2020 numbers, the odds are even more challenging.

Mike Stobe/Getty Images

Are you saying ECNL does not compete? What is EA?

Are you saying ECNL does not compete? What is EA?
I dont understand the logic behind trying to get boys into a Pro or Olympic funnel at age 14 potentially bypassing college. Average MLS player makes between 50k-200k per year. This is assuming you make it a year in the league. If you dont make it a year you're done, go find a "real" job now. Or try getting into college and paying for it yourself. Just doesnt seem to make sense.

At least with playing for and attending a college you have something to fall back on even if its a communications or hotel/motel management degree.

Interesting , is Real choosing to not go to MLS?
I think Real Socal/LAFC Socal Youth is a completely separate entity from LAFC the MLS club/Academy. Just an affiliation/license. If that's true, then there would be no problem with one being in ECNL and the other in MLS Next.

I think Real Socal/LAFC Socal Youth is a completely separate entity from LAFC the MLS club/Academy. Just an affiliation/license. If that's true, then there would be no problem with one being in ECNL and the other in MLS Next.

Yes I mentioned that pages ago when somebody posted that Socal youth was rumored to be going to MLS-NEXT. Posted that don't make any sense since they would be competing with the main club LAFC.

Socal Youth can put there top team in ECNL, 2nd is ECRL, 3rd in SoCal (DSL) league, etc. LAFC can pickup some of their player's for MLS-NEXT teams if they think they might be a good fit.

As far as who's dropping from Boys ECNL SW:
RSL-AZ
Strikers

Probable but not confirmed;
Phoenix rising
LA surf

The probables don't have 1st teams in ECNL and or not doing that great overall in the league. Lots of big - GD

For girls, ECNL/DPL is the top of the pyramid. ECNL for the boys doesnt make sense if there is a more direct path to MLS. I expect to see more boys teams drop ECNL to go to MLS Next.
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING?! DPL??? It barely exists. It was the B league for DA clubs, and DA no longer exists. So it just floats out there on its own as a random league. ECRL and GA are competing for #2 behind ECNL in California.

Mike Stobe/Getty Images

not looking to go pro or even play in college. college desire may come later. Not sure if its due to COVID but champions this year was very good or very bad. very hit or miss with the teams. And discovery looked the same for this year.

Back