Strikers ECNL rumors

Thanks.. my daughter is very happy and the coach is great too. First game for my daughter will be this weekend at great park and hopefully she see can be on the winning side for once lol.
Please do come by and introduce yourself if you get the chance. I will be in the corner all alone with duct tape over my mouth. I promised my wife I would stfu this last year and this is the only way....lol. All kidding aside, I like forward to having a beer with you :)
1621026328518.png

Socal yes ECNL is tops. I dont know enough of the DPL in other parts of the country but you do see several teams in the top 20 YSR ranking that come from DPL.. For example, the 2003 age group, Las vegas sports academy (DPL) beat SoCal Blues ECRL 5-1 and Arsenal FC ECNL 2-0.
So you picked one team that won games at a SHOWCASE. That Vegas team is good. They are a random one-off team. They are not representative of DPL.

It not being strikers choice is the issue.......But I am sure it wont be framed that way if they do go GAL because you know club soccer marketing.......we parents get treated like we have no eyes or brains......
Why would Strikers get kicked out? They are typically in the middle if the conference. Their U19's are top 3. There are other clubs who are regularly at the bottom in most/all age groups. Strikers are a long way from one of them.

So you picked one team that won games at a SHOWCASE. That Vegas team is good. They are a random one-off team. They are not representative of DPL.
I just glanced at the top 20 ysr teams del. 2008 to 2002. Ecnl is clearly leading with teams in the top 20. DPL has about 40 of the 140 teams in the top 20. Ecnl has about 95. ECRL has less than 5 teams in the top 20

DPL has significantly more teams than ECRL in the top 20 girls from 2008 to 2002.

conclusion: ECNL is top, DPL is 2nd and ECRL is way way behind in 3rd.

I just glanced at the top 20 ysr teams del. 2008 to 2002. Ecnl is clearly leading with teams in the top 20. DPL has about 40 of the 140 teams in the top 20. Ecnl has about 95. ECRL has less than 5 teams in the top 20

DPL has significantly more teams than ECRL in the top 20 girls from 2008 to 2002.

conclusion: ECNL is top, DPL is 2nd and ECRL is way way behind in 3rd.
Do you realize ECRL is just finishing its second season (the latter in which fewer games were played due to covid)? They have no history. And, how many real games did ECRL play against DPL? I am going to guess close to zero.

Those rankings are meaningless when many teams change rosters significantly year after year. And, I assume your dates are off so I won't even argue that. Ask a college coach what DPL is and they will tell you they have no idea.

I would bet that DPL will not exist in a couple of years. They are B teams to the GA clubs, yet you place them ahead of GA.

Do you realize ECRL is just finishing its second season (the latter in which fewer games were played due to covid)? They have no history. And, how many real games did ECRL play against DPL? I am going to guess close to zero.

Those rankings are meaningless when many teams change rosters significantly year after year. And, I assume your dates are off so I won't even argue that. Ask a college coach what DPL is and they will tell you they have no idea.

I would bet that DPL will not exist in a couple of years. They are B teams to the GA clubs, yet you place them ahead of GA.

That’s my mistake and I will own it. I meant to say GA all along. I had no clue DPL was a different tier.

Here’s a ranking of the top players from last year. Plenty of GA players on this list. ECNL is still better but ga is way better than ECRL.

That’s my mistake and I will own it. I meant to say GA all along. I had no clue DPL was a different tier.

Here’s a ranking of the top players from last year. Plenty of GA players on this list. ECNL is still better but ga is way better than ECRL.
Again, how can you say GA is way better than ECRL when they have not even played each other? GA teams are basically riding on their DA records. But the majority of top players at many of those DA clubs are now on ECNL teams. So they are not the same GA teams as they were as DA teams. ECRL teams are generally brand new too. They don't play each other. So it would be silly after half a season for either side (GA or ECRL) to claim superiority.

InStat provides a statistical breakdown of games that are submitted to InStat by teams. So this sample of players is the top players that are on teams that submit their games to InStat and pay the fee to have games broken down. I believe that one of GA or ECNL have an official relationship with InStat so that league will likely have submitted more games hence have more players on the list.

Yes I mentioned that pages ago when somebody posted that Socal youth was rumored to be going to MLS-NEXT. Posted that don't make any sense since they would be competing with the main club LAFC.

Socal Youth can put there top team in ECNL, 2nd is ECRL, 3rd in SoCal (DSL) league, etc. LAFC can pickup some of their player's for MLS-NEXT teams if they think they might be a good fit.
LAFC is a member also of EA. Will they put their academy “B” players there or could a Real SoCal team fill the spot?

Why would Strikers get kicked out? They are typically in the middle if the conference. Their U19's are top 3. There are other clubs who are regularly at the bottom in most/all age groups. Strikers are a long way from one of them.

I am not saying they should get kicked out.......but their decision to move boys is important........from performance I agree Strikers are a solid mid table club which is nothing to be ashamed of in such a strong league......the below chart shows the 19//20 season where 60% of games were played before Covid....... looking at results so far this season it seems basicaly the same in 20//21with the four underperfrming clubs still being Sharks, Eagles, Arsenal and Rebels.....obviously Real and Surf joined and are not shown below.....but Real feature around the upper middle and Surf in third

ECNL Current Standings (Based on PPG)AVG StandingsU13U14U15U16U17U18U18 Comp
LAFC Slammers2.42111228
So Cal Blues SC3.73684311
Slammers FC4.663103163
LA Breakers FC6.35868494
Heat FC6.3144710117
Strikers FC6.6117357310
Arizona Arsenal SC7.1911126642
Phoenix Rising FC7.379221212No team
Rebels SC7.6821110589
Eagles SC7.64105121156
Arsenal FC8.9125999711
DMCV Sharks9.010127118105

I am not saying they should get kicked out.......but their decision to move boys is important........from performance I agree Strikers are a solid mid table club which is nothing to be ashamed of in such a strong league......the below chart shows the 19//20 season where 60% of games were played before Covid....... looking at results so far this season it seems basicaly the same in 20//21with the four underperfrming clubs still being Sharks, Eagles, Arsenal and Rebels.....obviously Real and Surf joined and are not shown below.....but Real feature around the upper middle and Surf in third

ECNL Current Standings (Based on PPG)AVG StandingsU13U14U15U16U17U18U18 Comp
LAFC Slammers2.42111228
So Cal Blues SC3.73684311
Slammers FC4.663103163
LA Breakers FC6.35868494
Heat FC6.3144710117
Strikers FC6.6117357310
Arizona Arsenal SC7.1911126642
Phoenix Rising FC7.379221212No team
Rebels SC7.6821110589
Eagles SC7.64105121156
Arsenal FC8.9125999711
DMCV Sharks9.010127118105
Why keep quoting stats that no longer apply?

Surf + Legends in ECNL, DA is gone, Presideo is on life support, and players have moved all over the place.

The Socal soccer world has changed. Spring SCDSL has given strong hints about top teams. This fall will make everything clear regarding performance. Late fall clubs are going to move in or out of XYZ league.

LAFC is a member also of EA. Will they put their academy “B” players there or could a Real SoCal team fill the spot?

They are separate entities pretty sure you can just give another club membership in a league.

Socal youth could join the EA if they wanted to but doesn't make much sense either since they seem to have everything covered in their other league memberships.

LAFC has some larger rosters so havIng another team that some players could get some work in the EA or for more straight calendar year squads seems like what they would do.

As far as I know, Strikers Boys ECNL and Strikers Girls ECNL are from two completely separate organizations/chapters.
-Boys: Strikers Irvine. Boys only club.
-Girls: Strikers North. In additional to ECNL girls, they also have SCDSL boys and girls.

Whatever happens on the ECNL boys side does not affect ECNL girls, and vice versa.

As far as I know, Strikers Boys ECNL and Strikers Girls ECNL are from two completely separate organizations/chapters.
-Boys: Strikers Irvine. Boys only club.
-Girls: Strikers North. In additional to ECNL girls, they also have SCDSL boys and girls.

Whatever happens on the ECNL boys side does not affect ECNL girls, and vice versa.
The way things are going theres a lot of incentive for clubs to split out the boys and girls into seperate entities/businesses.

Why keep quoting stats that no longer apply?

Surf + Legends in ECNL, DA is gone, Presideo is on life support, and players have moved all over the place.

The Socal soccer world has changed. Spring SCDSL has given strong hints about top teams. This fall will make everything clear regarding performance. Late fall clubs are going to move in or out of XYZ league.

Why? Because most people here just speculate and talk your own opinions so it is helpful to have some actual numbers as a reference...... when I have time i will figure out updated statistics and post them but I have not had the time to redo things.....if you read my post and take emotion out of it you’ll see that via a quick spreadsheet I mocked up that the trends from 19//20 carried over into 20//21 regarding overall club performance.......I mentioned Surf averaging 3 and Real averaging about 5 or 6......two good additions to the a league that consolidated most of the talent especially with Legends and Beach now all in......

My data is for girls and I have little input on boys anymore but strikers is currently under one umbrella for girls and boys.......my input has been very accurate over the years as others will and have said.....

I think this thread is dedicated to the boys side right and the rumors of Strikers BOYS leaving ECNL , we aren't talking girls ...or at least it started that way , do you have data on the boys?

Why? Because most people here just speculate and talk your own opinions so it is helpful to have some actual numbers as a reference...... when I have time i will figure out updated statistics and post them but I have not had the time to redo things.....if you read my post and take emotion out of it you’ll see that via a quick spreadsheet I mocked up that the trends from 19//20 carried over into 20//21 regarding overall club performance.......I mentioned Surf averaging 3 and Real averaging about 5 or 6......two good additions to the a league that consolidated most of the talent especially with Legends and Beach now all in......

My data is for girls and I have little input on boys anymore but strikers is currently under one umbrella for girls and boys.......my input has been very accurate over the years as others will and have said.....

Back