Strikers ECNL rumors

Unconfirmed but reliable source, Striker girls discussing moving to GA. They’re looking for more control but also feel their girls can look better for scouts. GA working hard to get them.
Thanks for your unconfirmed and reliable source. Look, GAL is always working hard behind the scenes trying to get clubs over. Strikers took a big hit with the toxic war the last few years. They had to start from scratch on the girls side because AR took his teams over to Blues two years ago. Not easy having to start all over. I did hear that a club came up with a bag of cash to buy many clubs in OC. One did and it shows. I dont know much about anything, but this much I do know, your source and my source are not the same. I believe my reliable source is telling the truth. We shall see....

Last edited:
Change can happen fast and without notice. It’s not public info.
That's why I feel I am 99% right. I was sold ECNL back in 2018-2019 season and then the next day it was switched to DPL, just like that so anything can happen in the youth soccer in socal.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING?! DPL??? It barely exists. It was the B league for DA clubs, and DA no longer exists. So it just floats out there on its own as a random league. ECRL and GA are competing for #2 behind ECNL in California.
Socal yes ECNL is tops. I dont know enough of the DPL in other parts of the country but you do see several teams in the top 20 YSR ranking that come from DPL.. For example, the 2003 age group, Las vegas sports academy (DPL) beat SoCal Blues ECRL 5-1 and Arsenal FC ECNL 2-0.

Socal yes ECNL is tops. I dont know enough of the DPL in other parts of the country but you do see several teams in the top 20 YSR ranking that come from DPL.. For example, the 2003 age group, Las vegas sports academy (DPL) beat SoCal Blues ECRL 5-1 and Arsenal FC ECNL 2-0.
This year I would toss all wins and loses bro. It's a complete mess and after SW Girls ECNL being the #1 Girls league in socal, it's impossible to know who truly is worthy of "Next Best League" outside of Girls ECNL. With Legends FC and Beach FC pledging their loyalty to Girls ECNL ((Girls Rule)), the rest have some arguments. I do like GAL in socal as option #2 and they have teams that can beat ECNL teams on any given night.

That's why I feel I am 99% right. I was sold ECNL back in 2018-2019 season and then the next day it was switched to DPL, just like that so anything can happen in the youth soccer in socal.
Slammers did the same thing a few years ago when there was the DA/ECNL debate. Told players "We are playing DA and it will be fully funded"
A few days later, came back and said "Never mind. We are going all ECNL. Please send your check for $5k in the next few days."

Yep I have been around for far too long and have seen way too much. I don't believe it will happen.
If a club gets the boot then it hurts the kids this year and the adult men need to be held accountable for being asshats and held accountable if the bait & switch was at play. MOO, I think my source is telling me the truth, what that he/she knows the truth to be. I know for a fact back in the day it was a bait & switch and that was wrong. I dudged that bullet but others did not. Why lie is my point. Tell the truth and all will go well for you and your team. It's about team now and playing soccer. If GAL it is, then it will be super funny for me and Kicker and me and Giesbock will be seeing each other at the fields. I will buy you the first cold one bro :) I actually came to peace with whatever the higher ups decide. I will trsut the process and take my soccer discipline like the man that I am. 12 more months and its all over. BTW, Advertising one thing and telling a dd/parent what they want to hear ((ECNL)) and then the switch a roo is bad and weak and bad things will come to those who pull this stunt again. I will also say if your a Doc or parent spreading false lies, well then bad things will come your way too. Stop it and just be honest for goodness sakes everyone. Please do it for the kids. 15 months taken away and now they need to worry about what letter of league their in. I dont think many actually care to be honest.

Slammers did the same thing a few years ago when there was the DA/ECNL debate. Told players "We are playing DA and it will be fully funded"
A few days later, came back and said "Never mind. We are going all ECNL. Please send your check for $5k in the next few days."
Yesw, that happen to me. Don't forget Mia and Magic tim buck. Anything can happen in the wide world of socal girls soccer. Fully funded was preached as the right to enter in the league. Plus, you better have your own fields or your really toast. Who gets hurt beside the parents ego for being sold a lie? Yes, that's right. Our dd daughters. If you hate me, find. Let's all come together so this doesnt happen every year.

Yep I have been around for far too long and have seen way too much. I don't believe it will happen.
I have to agree it doesn't seem logical. In the SW and with the addition of the top Beach and Legends teams, there is no doubt that ECNL is the top league and it would a big mistake for the Strikers to give up their girls ECNL spot. They have made a solid coaching addition and signing players to actual ECNL contracts (not just "selling" ECNL and changing it up when the contracts go out). It is a sharp drop off to ECRL in our experience. GA was better but a decline from DA and will never be able to compete for the top level after this year's consolidation into ECNL. I think it would make sense for a 2nd team to play GA instead of ECRL for better competition and maybe that is where the rumors lie.

I have to agree it doesn't seem logical. In the SW and with the addition of the top Beach and Legends teams, there is no doubt that ECNL is the top league and it would a big mistake for the Strikers to give up their girls ECNL spot. They have made a solid coaching addition and signing players to actual ECNL contracts (not just "selling" ECNL and changing it up when the contracts go out). It is a sharp drop off to ECRL in our experience. GA was better but a decline from DA and will never be able to compete for the top level after this year's consolidation into ECNL. I think it would make sense for a 2nd team to play GA instead of ECRL for better competition and maybe that is where the rumors lie.
Excellent take. I hugged myself today and will look to give both my kids a hug when I see them :)

I was thinking in my brain just now and had this thought. Maybe some clubs are spreading some misinformation because coaches are moving around as well. ECNL is the stronger draw and some ecnl clubs in socal could use some help. Or, your dd is 13 and you want her in a good position for the loyalty card of staying at the same club.

It not being strikers choice is the issue.......But I am sure it wont be framed that way if they do go GAL because you know club soccer marketing.......we parents get treated like we have no eyes or brains......

Back