Spectators for High School Soccer Games

The FAQs for youth sports guidance came out after schools created their own policies after doing their best to interpret what the state released, so I have feeling it will be a grind and see what happens approach with the status quo. It always helps to have the would "should" used as well.

"Observers for youth sports (age 18 years and under) are limited to immediate household members who may observe practices and games as needed for age-appropriate supervision. No other observers, including scouts and college recruiters, are allowed."
  • Age-appropriate supervision should be limited to a single adult (or immediate family member older than the sport participant).

I didn’t see enforcers... just lots of smiles! Seriously, seemed like very few masks.
Wow, I really have a hard time believing you and I strongly believe your lying. My dd played last night and I saw zero smiles from the fans. Guess why? Also, 100% had a mask over their mouth and nose or no watch the game. Plus, each player was allowed two fans only. I told Grandpa he can take my spot at next game. Sad he and Grandma were not allowed to watch. Why? Listen dude, I dont know what HS your kid goes to but 25% only wearing a mask would not go well for 90% of the OC folks and I would speak with your AD. Were ALL wearing a mask. This is not Texas or Florida bro. No mask, no entry. Simple is as simple bro. Let's get real with everyone so we can beat this virus once and for all. Oh, we got the "W" and I saw one of the biggest smiles on a kids face after the game :)

Last edited:
It's tough when Goliath has private fields. Less than 25%? I dont believe that at all. I was OCGP and they have enforcers bro.
I didn’t see enforcers... just lots of smiles! Seriously, seemed like very few masks.
Wow, I really have a hard time believing you and I strongly believe your lying. My dd played last night and I saw zero smiles from the fans. Guess why? Also, 100% had a mask over their mouth and nose or no watch the game. Plus, each player was allowed two fans only. I told Grandpa he can take my spot at next game. Sad he and Grandma were not allowed to watch. Why? Listen dude, I dont know what HS your kid goes to but 25% only wearing a mask would not go well for 90% of the OC folks and I would speak with your AD. Were ALL wearing a mask. This is not Texas or Florida bro. No mask, no entry. Simple is as simple bro. Let's get real with everyone so we can beat this virus once and for all. Oh, we got the "W" and I saw one of the biggest smiles on a kids face after the game :)

Call me a liar if you wish. I won’t get into a back and forth over this. Unless you were there, you have no first person observation to make. OCGP, sunny with a breeze from the direction of the ocean, lots of space between parents, grandparents and young kids, and very few masks. I wear a mask always.
Glad to hear your daughter won.

Call me a liar if you wish. I won’t get into a back and forth over this. Unless you were there, you have no first person observation to make. OCGP, sunny with a breeze from the direction of the ocean, lots of space between parents, grandparents and young kids, and very few masks. I wear a mask always.
Ok, not a liar, just both AD's did a poor job and no one made sure everyone followed the rules. I will be at OCGP for game #2 for my dd this morning. I'm trying hard to keep her out of the game today but she wants to play. Then we have another one on Sunday for third game in a row. I will do a survey of mask wearing today and tmrw. Most of our club team play hs so I will also get a report from their games and report back to you and anyone following our story since you joined the forum during Christmas time in 2019 :)

I'm happy to report back that I saw 100% mask wearing coming and leaving with EVERYONE. I did sit in my chair with my wife and I looked around and i would say "most" had mask over their nose when sit down to watch match on the pitch. I will confess, me and the wife had it off. We stayed 6 feet away and if I did get up to say hi, I had my mask on. All reports is telling that only your school and the other school were not following the rules like the rest of us did last night & today. I would call the school if I were you and let them know what happen at OCGP the other night. Smiles were everywhere. I wish we had the W but that was not happening today. The good news all the girls came off the fields happy, even my dd. She got to see some old friends and play a game of soccer. Third game tomorrow at SilverLakes. I will report back on mask wearing and see who is obeying and not obeying the rules over there bro.

Since I was wearing a mask, no one could see me cringe. Definitely clapped and yelled encouragement. We were outmatched, could not put together two passes, some girls were gassed after 10 minutes, coach yelling and calling out individual players. Yep, agree that some club play is off too...can’t imagine it has something to do with club players doubling up games and practices, and getting confused trying to please two masters who have different ideas ... Hopefully everyone is able to get enough recovery time and stay healthy!

You want to see a “cringe” game, watch the u23 USA game vs Costa Rica. The 2nd half was horrible play from the usa. It’s definitely covid soccer effect.

I'm happy to report back that I saw 100% mask wearing coming and leaving with EVERYONE. I did sit in my chair with my wife and I looked around and i would say "most" had mask over their nose when sit down to watch match on the pitch. I will confess, me and the wife had it off. We stayed 6 feet away and if I did get up to say hi, I had my mask on. All reports is telling that only your school and the other school were not following the rules like the rest of us did last night & today. I would call the school if I were you and let them know what happen at OCGP the other night. Smiles were everywhere. I wish we had the W but that was not happening today. The good news all the girls came off the fields happy, even my dd. She got to see some old friends and play a game of soccer. Third game tomorrow at SilverLakes. I will report back on mask wearing and see who is obeying and not obeying the rules over there bro.

must’ve been that cool ocean breeze that had everyone guard down! I’m glad to hear ppl are still masking up and taking this seriously!

For those who have children playing HS Soccer in La County or surrounding counties

what is your high school saying about spectators during Soccer games ?
Football was up to 4 members of player’s household. Expecting soccer to be the same but will find out by Wednesday. LA but not LAUSD

Third game tomorrow at SilverLakes. I will report back on mask wearing and see who is obeying and not obeying the rules over there bro.
At Silverlakes right now, Sunday, it’s a mixed bag but definitely a majority of folks not wearing masks. This is more prevalent amongst the people sitting down compared to those who are walking around are masked up for the most part.

We’re on the Turf Fields waiting for the game to start, very little distancing on the sideline from 18 to 18, best spot to have any space to be on your own is by the corner flags.

To each their own, stay safe and hoping for the kids to have fun and compete.

At Silverlakes right now, Sunday, it’s a mixed bag but definitely a majority of folks not wearing masks. This is more prevalent amongst the people sitting down compared to those who are walking around are masked up for the most part.

We’re on the Turf Fields waiting for the game to start, very little distancing on the sideline from 18 to 18, best spot to have any space to be on your own is by the corner flags.

To each their own, stay safe and hoping for the kids to have fun and compete.
I miss the trip out to the IE bro. I will ask friend what it was at their fields.

Just got an update from the HS. Player has to submit 2 names online for spectators to game. Spectators have to answer some questionnaire before being allowed in as well as having to have an ID with you.

I guess we’re in the bush league / division of HS soccer - Varsity just played at an Elementary school field- home team players dragged goals into position, no bleachers not many gopher holes but plenty of clumps of crab grass. Home team has a beautiful new stadium where I thought we we’re going to play but football team or lacrosse team was probably practicing so Girls Varsity sent down the road to an elementary school to play.
Smacks of disparity between the girls/ boys March madness tournament weight rooms.

Upside is a 3-1 win in first league game of the season. Sorry but from where I sit, HS soccer gets a

I guess we’re in the bush league / division of HS soccer - Varsity just played at an Elementary school field- home team players dragged goals into position, no bleachers not many gopher holes but plenty of clumps of crab grass. Home team has a beautiful new stadium where I thought we we’re going to play but football team or lacrosse team was probably practicing so Girls Varsity sent down the road to an elementary school to play.
Smacks of disparity between the girls/ boys March madness tournament weight rooms.

Upside is a 3-1 win in first league game of the season. Sorry but from where I sit, HS soccer gets a
Ok dude, you need to come clean with us and at least name the school. This is insane and my dd would have quit or got on the AD for better stuff for the girls. We had Friday Night Lights for home opener and if I not mistaken, the Mayor showed up to root on the Breakers.

Back