Spectators for High School Soccer Games

Jumping through some hoops for sure and I've heard only home team player spectators for some schools today and visitors where turned away.

Security only had list for home team spectators family members, you had to fill out covid questionnaire, get temp checked, Id matching spectators list and only then you where let in or not by the gatekeeper(s). Some people pissed they drove all the way from Y or Z to be denied entry.

Jumping through some hoops for sure and I've heard only home team player spectators for some schools today and visitors where turned away.

Security only had list for home team spectators family members, you had to fill out covid questionnaire, get temp checked, Id matching spectators list and only then you where let in or not by the gatekeeper(s). Some people pissed they drove all the way from Y or Z to be denied entry.
I don't think it's right to allow home spectators only, talking about home field advantage.....Either allow spectators for both teams or none.

So you cant watch a game but the high school can have the football team, soccer teams and track team all in the stadium practicing at once?

Can someone explain the logic or science behind this one for me?

So you cant watch a game but the high school can have the football team, soccer teams and track team all in the stadium practicing at once?

Can someone explain the logic or science behind this one for me?
Logic? It's a scam with a plan Stan, and you need to STFU bro and do as your told. Wear your mask and get your shots, comprenda? I went to Rite Aid and they had people inside pushing the shot. Last month I had "recall Gav" people outside. Smells like rat shit!!!

Last edited:

That really sucks man. Game here in SD last night. We were told 4 immediate household members per player for home and visitors. When we get to the field, there is no one checking anything. Just walk right in and take a seat.

That really sucks man. Game here in SD last night. We were told 4 immediate household members per player for home and visitors. When we get to the field, there is no one checking anything. Just walk right in and take a seat.
SD game on Tuesday night, 4 immediate household members per player, guard at the gate checking names, visitor fans allowed. I did find it odd that they had set up picnic tables and hurdles to herd fans through an open area. I would think it would be better to allow people to spread out when walking to the stands. We are going to another game tonight where our player gets to play against his club coach's HS team.

League home game in San Bernardino, my wife volunteered for service hours and did the check in for the boys Varsity game. She and another volunteer were given rosters for both teams and added check marks for 2 attendees per player.

When I arrived later after work for the Girls Varsity game the volunteers for that game were doing the same thing.

Easy entrance, no hassle and quiet turnout. Win was nice, but watching both my girls play on the same team was priceless.

Best of luck to everyone this season!

League home game in San Bernardino, my wife volunteered for service hours and did the check in for the boys Varsity game. She and another volunteer were given rosters for both teams and added check marks for 2 attendees per player.

When I arrived later after work for the Girls Varsity game the volunteers for that game were doing the same thing.

Easy entrance, no hassle and quiet turnout. Win was nice, but watching both my girls play on the same team was priceless.

Best of luck to everyone this season!
Priceless bro is the word of the day :) That is the winning formula. I have a friend down South who told me both dds were in tears because one is a Sr and the other Soph and they both wanted to be on the same team and now they are. TGIF!!!!

Priceless bro is the word of the day :) That is the winning formula. I have a friend down South who told me both dds were in tears because one is a Sr and the other Soph and they both wanted to be on the same team and now they are. TGIF!!!!
Priceless indeed, as my oldest gets closer to aging out, the perspective couldn't be clearer.

What my youngest went through with the club politics and abusive coach the last few years and ultimately quitting the game, for her to have been open to play the game again with her sister in High School was a huge step in her healing process.

They both had great moments throughout the game but my favorite was before kickoff as my oldest went up to my youngest in goal and grabbed both of her hands, sharing some words of encouragement and giving her a big hug. These kids have been each others rocks to lean on during trying times and I hope they carry that relationship throughout the rest of their lives.

Priceless indeed, as my oldest gets closer to aging out, the perspective couldn't be clearer.

What my youngest went through with the club politics and abusive coach the last few years and ultimately quitting the game, for her to have been open to play the game again with her sister in High School was a huge step in her healing process.

They both had great moments throughout the game but my favorite was before kickoff as my oldest went up to my youngest in goal and grabbed both of her hands, sharing some words of encouragement and giving her a big hug. These kids have been each others rocks to lean on during trying times and I hope they carry that relationship throughout the rest of their lives.
I want that GK loving the game again bro. I really do. Peace brah :)

I can’t love this enough! You’ve done a great job with both of these young ladies.

4 fans per player. Bring a waiver and health check at the door. Check off the players fans. Easy and quick.
Wish all schools would be on same page. And some facilities limiting to 2 per player is lame. For soccer the turnout is so low it won’t be packed anyways.
Other big boo is I see soccer getting moved to all sorts of random fields.

but to see the kids playing and teaming up again with school friends is so fun. ESP for these seniors. Finally something for them!!

4 fans per player. Bring a waiver and health check at the door. Check off the players fans. Easy and quick.
Wish all schools would be on same page. And some facilities limiting to 2 per player is lame. For soccer the turnout is so low it won’t be packed anyways.
Other big boo is I see soccer getting moved to all sorts of random fields.

but to see the kids playing and teaming up again with school friends is so fun. ESP for these seniors. Finally something for them!!
Best line so far today. Jim Rome had "huge call" and "best email" of the day. We should have a "best post" and "best line" of the day? Lamest post too. So far EOTL gets that prize every day. Huge call?

Chrissy Everett lol. I remember taping that episode on VHS and watching it with my bro and neighbor on repeat. Gym guy, handshake guy, likes to fight guy and all the rest are hilarious. I loved the correspondent piece at the end of Rome is burning too

Chrissy Everett lol. I remember taping that episode on VHS and watching it with my bro and neighbor on repeat. Gym guy, handshake guy, likes to fight guy and all the rest are hilarious. I loved the correspondent piece at the end of Rome is burning too
I used to listen to the Loose Cannons. I ran into Steve Hartman at National Sports bar men's bathroom stall in Anaheim. I kid you not I told him it was an honor to pee next to a legend. He shook my hand ((just kidding)) and we chatted for a few minutes. He was working with that Philly Billy dude. He said he used to work at the Mighty 690 in SD with Hacksaw and little baby Rome was their "sports update guy" during radio spot commercials. He said Rome was hard to work with because of his arrogant attitude and chip on shoulder. Rome mocked Hacksaw all the time. "Poway, someone from Poway, please call my show. Del mar, La Jolla, where oh were are you. Call the dam show." The fact was not too many were listening to Hacksaw. "First time caller long time listener." For this place its, "first time posting, long time lurker." Have a take and dont suck!!!

Back