Spectators for High School Soccer Games

For those who have children playing HS Soccer in La County or surrounding counties

what is your high school saying about spectators during Soccer games ?

At our LA County high school spectators for soccer are TBD. But Saturday school allowed spectators for football and cross country. Spectators had to live with an athlete. They had to register in advance. They could only sit in pre assigned seats. People sitting together had to arrive together. Spectators had to fill out a form stating they did not have covid and had no covid symptoms.

2 spectators.

anyone thinking with condensed ECNL plus HS and practices for both a little much for their GOAT?
Way way too much Red Card. In fact, it's not healthy at all. My GOAT will look to win CIF somehow as a small school in D2. Good news we dont start league until 3/30. Not going to be easy if players try and do it all. GOATs tend to be that way so dad or mom or both need to talk with coach. I will stay home if that's what it takes for the kids to play hs sports. I hear the kids in all sports are so happy. Football has game on Thursday, yay!!! Go high school sports :)

2 parents per player. No students allowed.

(note: my player goes to school in OC)
Same here, my DD goes to school in San Bernardino and we've been told 2 spectators per player. No restriction on those spectators having to be the parents. Our team will be printing out a list of players and checking in the spectators at each game to ensure counts.

We've been told that will be the policy for the home games, and assuming it will be the case for rest of San Bernardino but still TBD.

I have two players on the squad and I'm selling our 2 extra spots to the highest bidder! ;)

Same here, my DD goes to school in San Bernardino and we've been told 2 spectators per player. No restriction on those spectators having to be the parents. Our team will be printing out a list of players and checking in the spectators at each game to ensure counts.

We've been told that will be the policy for the home games, and assuming it will be the case for rest of San Bernardino but still TBD.

I have two players on the squad and I'm selling our 2 extra spots to the highest bidder! ;)
Grandma and Grandpa need tix Tech. I would charge triple face value. I heard someone at a private school is putting them on ticketmaster.....lol

Grandma and Grandpa need tix Tech. I would charge triple face value. I heard someone at a private school is putting them on ticketmaster.....lol
Grandpa isn't allowed at games, he has been banned from all sports ever since he got banned from my brothers AYSO days.

If I recall correctly my dad was only allowed to attend my Senior night football game in High School. My pops was definitely "fanatical" and treated every game like a 'Clasico' in the professional leagues. No players, parents, officials were safe from his wrath. It was funny and sad at the same time.

Grandpa isn't allowed at games, he has been banned from all sports ever since he got banned from my brothers AYSO days.

If I recall correctly my dad was only allowed to attend my Senior night football game in High School. My pops was definitely "fanatical" and treated every game like a 'Clasico' in the professional leagues. No players, parents, officials were safe from his wrath. It was funny and sad at the same time.
Oh my. Check this Tech. Grandpa on wife's side played soccer and ref hs school games. He was a center defender who knew the rules as a ref and when he played, he acted like he had a whistle too and could call all the fouls the head ref missed. I was GK so I like having a vocal defender barking out orders. It wasnt uncommon for him to go off on the refs and other teams forwards all in one game. We had a big co-ed playoff game out at Vets field years ago. Gramps got kicked out of the game and the fields and the next season. We lost and never played again. It was insane and scary all in one too. No punches, just fear & intimidation. The old man caught the other team cheating and he hates those who cheat and went off.

Two experiences so far.

I worked a FS/JV doubleheader 10 days ago on a turf field in the OC. Players, coaches and refs inside the fence. Team benches on east side of field. Spectators and school administration lined up outside the 4 foot high chain link fence on the west side of the field about 6 yards from the touchline. Spectators and administration wearing masks but I didn't see any tickets, lists or other evidence of restricting attendance.

Varsity girls last Thursday evening also in the OC. Large area for spectator seating on bleachers inside the fence enclosing the turf field. At least 10 yards separating home and visitor seating and 6 yards from the bleachers to a "do not cross" line with another 8 yards to the touchline. Teams on far side of field. Lots of spectators huddled in their blankets and masks in the low 50s temperature. Some social distancing in bleachers. Didn't observe any attendance limitations.

LA county heath youth sports guidance:

"Limit observation of youth sports (age 18 years and under) to immediate household members, and for the strict purpose of age appropriate supervision. This includes observation of practice and competition. Limit number of observers to ensure physical distance can be maintained, reduce potential crowding, and maintain indoor and outdoor capacity limits"

At our LA county school so far no spectators at practices or scrimmages but up to 4 per participating student alowed at league games if they live in the same household as the player up to 25% of the total venue capacity.

There is "screening" by security prior to admissions that includes the normal covid-19 stuff, masks, etc

There is also a bunch of observation restrictions such as no food allowed, can only sit only with their household, maintain a physical distancing, etc

Some mention of pre-event reservations could be implemented based on the district's discretion.

Immediate household only for us....LA county. And only if your student remembers to fill out the Google doc with the names of family members day before game.

Depends on the district. Tomorrow's game is immediate family living with the athlete limited to two adults (fullerton), still waiting to hear about games played in Orange. We have to fill out an online health survey in the morning to attend.

Volleyball and soccer occurring together this week - no fans allowed at either districts (orange and placentia-yorba linda) volleyball games.

Had a HS scrimmage last night. 2 spectators from the player’s household were permitted to watch. We had an online questionnaire that had to be completed and presented upon entry.

Everyone was happy!

My wife and I went to watch HS game in OC. School rep was checking names against player roster at the gate and taking temperature. No comment about quality of play except one word: cringeworthy.
What high school was cringeworthy Giesbock? Were you there to cringe or offer support? I could say a lot about this pass weekend's club games and the cringeworthy I saw but I wont. Refs sucked too!!!!

Back