Spectators for High School Soccer Games

Happy? I find the reflexive use of the word "permitted" pretty damn sad.
We will get notified if allowed to watch our kids play on the road. Each district can decide. If you travel on the road well, well you have a big time disadvantage. This is more than damn sad. It's a lot worse met 61.

Had a HS scrimmage last night. 2 spectators from the player’s household were permitted to watch. We had an online questionnaire that had to be completed and presented upon entry.
Have had one home game and one away game so far. No online forms to fill out, no one checking attendance at the gate. And tons of fun to watch.

What high school was cringeworthy Giesbock? Were you there to cringe or offer support? I could say a lot about this pass weekend's club games and the cringeworthy I saw but I wont. Refs sucked too!!!!
Since I was wearing a mask, no one could see me cringe. Definitely clapped and yelled encouragement. We were outmatched, could not put together two passes, some girls were gassed after 10 minutes, coach yelling and calling out individual players. Yep, agree that some club play is off too...can’t imagine it has something to do with club players doubling up games and practices, and getting confused trying to please two masters who have different ideas ... Hopefully everyone is able to get enough recovery time and stay healthy!

Since I was wearing a mask, no one could see me cringe. Definitely clapped and yelled encouragement. We were outmatched, could not put together two passes, some girls were gassed after 10 minutes, coach yelling and calling out individual players. Yep, agree that some club play is off too...can’t imagine it has something to do with club players doubling up games and practices, and getting confused trying to please two masters who have different ideas ... Hopefully everyone is able to get enough recovery time and stay healthy!
OK, I thought you were just checking out a hs game to cringe some. I'm now assuming your dd played with the hs team and lost bad? It happens in non league, usually when a small school of less than 800 students take on a D1 Power House, like Los Al, JS or RSM. Goliath trying to take on David for another easy victory. I remember my hoops team took on the Long beach Poly Jack Rabbits. Bro, you want to talk about a cringe worthy basketball game, let me tell you a little story about crush and his glory days of balling if you want me to?

OK, I thought you were just checking out a hs game to cringe some. I'm now assuming your dd played with the hs team and lost bad? It happens in non league, usually when a small school of less than 800 students take on a D1 Power House, like Los Al, JS or RSM. Goliath trying to take on David for another easy victory. I remember my hoops team took on the Long beach Poly Jack Rabbits. Bro, you want to talk about a cringe worthy basketball game, let me tell you a little story about crush and his glory days of balling if you want me to?

I don’t think it was a David vs Goliath - we just got our clocks cleaned. Key midfield players missing, 1st game, several players who quit club last year so conditioning and touch were really poor...

But, despite that, we had fun visiting with parents we hadn’t see for a year!

thanks for offering to share a historic cringeworthy b ball game...

I played against Poly when they had Tyus Edney Willie Mcginest and Rod Hannibal. They lost to Mater Dei in cif semis I think it was Jason Quinn hit a prayer 3 at the buzzer to win it wasn't open just threw it up

I played against Poly when they had Tyus Edney Willie Mcginest and Rod Hannibal. They lost to Mater Dei in cif semis I think it was Jason Quinn hit a prayer 3 at the buzzer to win it wasn't open just threw it up
I love Tyus forever. I'm big time UCLA fan. I was waiting 20 years in 1995 for another taste of glory when he went coast to coast and I went nuts with joy. Ed O did his thing with his little bro Charles. Coach Herrick was misunderstood and Coach Lav made a career for himself.

I love Tyus forever. I'm big time UCLA fan. I was waiting 20 years in 1995 for another taste of glory when he went coast to coast and I went nuts with joy. Ed O did his thing with his little bro Charles. Coach Herrick was misunderstood and Coach Lav made a career for himself.
I played against Charles too talk about a good hoops school back in the day Artesia. The O'bannon's, Avondre Jones, Kapono, James Harden.

Avondre got arrested while at fresno st with Kenny Brunner of Dominguez another hoops school. Brunner, Jason Thomas (UNLV qb good baller too), tayshawn prince, Tyson Chandler, ceballos

Stick to soccer Crush don't respond to me. By the way are there guidelines for spectators for high school games Great Park?

I played against Charles too talk about a good hoops school back in the day Artesia. The O'bannon's, Avondre Jones, Kapono, James Harden.

Avondre got arrested while at fresno st with Kenny Brunner of Dominguez another hoops school. Brunner, Jason Thomas (UNLV qb good baller too), tayshawn prince, Tyson Chandler, ceballos

Stick to soccer Crush don't respond to me. By the way are there guidelines for spectators for high school games Great Park?
Well, my wife worked with Charles and Anderson Cooper worked there as well. My wife went out on a date with Charles. He was younger but was very mature for his age. Both bros liked Latinas.....lol. My wife said he was a complete gentleman. Anderson was trying to make a name for himself. I also got talk with Steve L at a Chapman U fundraiser, where my wife also used to work at ((before kids)) Toon, Lav was super cool. He had just taken over and had a deer in headlight type of job. He was so cool and was not stressed. He said he would do his best and I think he did. Super humble guy and played for the Panthers in hoops. Nice girls soccer program too. See, we talked soccer bro, with background story to boot. I bet you and I battled against each down in Newport or Main Beach? You ever play at Mile Square? I also played at CSUF gym. Miles Simon would come over and teach us how to play hoops. I was 5 9 and 1/2 with blond brown hair, like Danny Ainge. Everyone said I was Ainge when I played and I couldn't stand that guy. I was scrapy bro and played that way. I was very aggressive:)

This is what I see: club games on the weekends, sidelines are packed as usual, masks optional, not much social d., and high school games during the week, seating in groups of two, spaced far apart, masks mandatory even on parents that don’t wear them for club games.

This is what I see: club games on the weekends, sidelines are packed as usual, masks optional, not much social d., and high school games during the week, seating in groups of two, spaced far apart, masks mandatory even on parents that don’t wear them for club games.
What you see is people not following guidelines - it is the same for club and HS.

I remember going to my brothers HS school games back in the day and watching Jelani McCoy from St Augustine down here in San Diego. Dude was a beast in HS, went to UCLA and was their career leader in blocks at one point.

At Silverlakers last weekend it seems like most were wearing mask and keeping some space, some games have more parents than others but for the most part I saw people following guidelines.

At our high school only 2 parents per player...in a stadium with capacity in the thousands makes it kind of hard to understand???
Club has never said anything about the amount of spectators

I remember going to my brothers HS school games back in the day and watching Jelani McCoy from St Augustine down here in San Diego. Dude was a beast in HS, went to UCLA and was their career leader in blocks at one point.
Oh ya, I saw him play in OC tourney. What about Diamond Bars top hoopster, Keith Van Horn? I used to play pick up against him at Cal Poly Pomona in early 90s. Total ball hog is all I can say. When I played with Ced at CSUF, he would let me shoot. In fact, he said if I cant hit the spot up 15 footer on the fast break, then I should quit hoops and quit dreaming of being a pro in Europe. It was Ced who truly believed in my game, I wont lie. I got way better after high school and almost went pro, bro :)

Non league game played yesterday at OCGP- seemed like just another day watching a game. It was sweet. I’d say less than 25% wearing masks but everyone kept their distance. We lost to a much fitter team that’s been training on private property.

Non league game played yesterday at OCGP- seemed like just another day watching a game. It was sweet. I’d say less than 25% wearing masks but everyone kept their distance. We lost to a much fitter team that’s been training on private property.
It's tough when Goliath has private fields. Less than 25%? I dont believe that at all. I was OCGP and they have enforcers bro.

Back