SOCCER POSTS ONLY... Can this be done?

There were ECRL games here in Vegas between Heat and Legends last weekend and I believe Rebels ECRL will be here this weekend to play Heat.
Girls side? Boys side? either way, that's great! some games are getting played

NOMADS THANKSGIVING TOURNAMENT & NEXT FRIENDLIES, TUCSON AZ
Tournament Status: CANCELLED as of 6:00 p.m. 11/19/20

County would not allow out of state teams to come in due to rising case rates. Complex management says they except other AZ counties to do the same soon.

Oh man...

I just have to laugh to myself sometimes, but I find irony entertaining...anyway bummed that Nomads was cancelled, but it was probably the right thing to do. The good news is no 2x6 hours of driving and getting the weekend back. Although, we haven't been informed that it has been cancelled, my suspicion is our Club is scheming up some alternative.

I don't want this to get highjacked, but I will say this @EOTL I am not okay with racist or misogynist beliefs but I don't think engaging with people like this on a soccer board will accomplish anything. It fuels them and whomever shares their beliefs. In real life where I can see whom I'm speaking with yes absolutely I stand up for what I believe in, but here where anyone can type what they want with no repercussions it's exhausting and not worth my time. My "pat on the back" was simply showing that if everyone would STFU about everything except soccer related things, then we could all actually use what this forum is intended for. The ignore button works wonders. And while I think it's great that you stand up to this behavior on here , like you yourself stated, it accomplished nothing because it's an online forum (soccer). I am a POC (and a decent human being) so absolutely comments get under my skin but again engaging with people on here accomplishes nothing.

There is already an off-topic side to this forum, intended to catch political and other topics that some might find offensive.

Unfortunately, in our current situation, we can't help but find ourselves bound up in discussions about the politics of health as it pertains to whether or not soccer games are going to be permitted and under what terms.

There is already an off-topic side to this forum, intended to catch political and other topics that some might find offensive.

Unfortunately, in our current situation, we can't help but find ourselves bound up in discussions about the politics of health as it pertains to whether or not soccer games are going to be permitted and under what terms.
Obviously true, but let's see if we can be respectful in at least one thread (not claiming that I haven't contributed to the cluster).

It would be great if this forum could be about soccer only. It isn’t going to happen until people stop making racist, misogynistic and homophobic comments here, and they have proven it won’t until they are forced out like Outlaw. Tyrone and Fandango. During the brief period after they were banned and Outlaw was suspended, this place actually went back to soccer, but now we’re back to where we were. We all know why.

I appreciate everything you are saying, but nothing will change until people like you actually call them out and take action, instead of minimizing the full extent of their behavior and and even giving them a pat on the back by asserting they “were very helpful when not dragging politics in and this is the problem.” Not long after you posted this, @Sheriff Joe was posting an unflattering photo of Michelle Obama’s backside because repeatedly calling another black woman, Kamala Harris, a whore apparently wasn’t racist enough. Your well-intentioned post, like many that came before it, accomplished nothing.

So why does it keep happening? Because a few people share Sheriff Joe’s bigoted, racist, misogynist and homophobic beliefs. You know the type. Others are too chicken to confront him because he’s a bully. But mostly it is because a lot of people are ok tolerating such offensive behavior. It doesn’t bother them because they aren’t part of the group that is targeted, so they don’t care. As I have said many times, it is the American Way to not give a s**t about other people. So this is what happens, whether it’s at a youth soccer forum or in real life. Even for you, it took a direct impact on you - ruining a soccer forum that you liked - to do something. Not the racism. Not the misogyny. Not the complete lack of civility.

But like some others here, I am not ok with it. I catch a lot of flak, but the truth is I don’t initiate off-topic posts, but have only responded to those who do. I am also happy responding to a lack of civility with more of the same. For those who focus their derision on those who actually step up to the plate in response to the blatant bigotry here, however, and not those who make the bigoted comments, you are part of the problem and only enabling more of the same, and it will not change until you do.

If you or anyone wants this place back, address the root cause. When @Sheriff Joe makes a bigoted offensive comment, tell @Dominic. In fact, go complain right now about his incredibly offensive comments yesterday and today about black women in the other thread. Or just let this place stay the same.
You forgot Methy jackass

We can choose to put the line a little closer to soccer. Probably means anything that is (soccer+covid) counts as non-soccer, because it will bleed into covid anyway.

I created a thread over in off topic for discussing how to reduce covid risk while traveling. Go there if you are interested in the individual risk mitigation part of the soccer tournament discussion.

We can choose to put the line a little closer to soccer. Probably means anything that is (soccer+covid) counts as non-soccer, because it will bleed into covid anyway.

I created a thread over in off topic for discussing how to reduce covid risk while traveling. Go there if you are interested in the individual risk mitigation part of the soccer tournament discussion.

Thank You for posting your info and for being respectful of this thread trying to stay on topic, and sending anyone interested to your thread you created!

Is that a prediction or what you are hearing?

I certainly would not be surprised in the least if it were to be cancelled.
I'm hearing that they want to slide it back two weeks.. Not much room beyond the two weeks. Plenty of tournaments (in a perfect world) that are scheduled at Reach starting early FEB.

We'll have to wait 2 weeks :rolleyes:

It would be great if this forum could be about soccer only. It isn’t going to happen until people stop making racist, misogynistic and homophobic comments here, and they have proven it won’t until they are forced out like Outlaw. Tyrone and Fandango. During the brief period after they were banned and Outlaw was suspended, this place actually went back to soccer, but now we’re back to where we were. We all know why.

I appreciate everything you are saying, but nothing will change until people like you actually call them out and take action, instead of minimizing the full extent of their behavior and and even giving them a pat on the back by asserting they “were very helpful when not dragging politics in and this is the problem.” Not long after you posted this, @Sheriff Joe was posting an unflattering photo of Michelle Obama’s backside because repeatedly calling another black woman, Kamala Harris, a whore apparently wasn’t racist enough. Your well-intentioned post, like many that came before it, accomplished nothing.

So why does it keep happening? Because a few people share Sheriff Joe’s bigoted, racist, misogynist and homophobic beliefs. You know the type. Others are too chicken to confront him because he’s a bully. But mostly it is because a lot of people are ok tolerating such offensive behavior. It doesn’t bother them because they aren’t part of the group that is targeted, so they don’t care. As I have said many times, it is the American Way to not give a s**t about other people. So this is what happens, whether it’s at a youth soccer forum or in real life. Even for you, it took a direct impact on you - ruining a soccer forum that you liked - to do something. Not the racism. Not the misogyny. Not the complete lack of civility.

But like some others here, I am not ok with it. I catch a lot of flak, but the truth is I don’t initiate off-topic posts, but have only responded to those who do. I am also happy responding to a lack of civility with more of the same. For those who focus their derision on those who actually step up to the plate in response to the blatant bigotry here, however, and not those who make the bigoted comments, you are part of the problem and only enabling more of the same, and it will not change until you do.

If you or anyone wants this place back, address the root cause. When @Sheriff Joe makes a bigoted offensive comment, tell @Dominic. In fact, go complain right now about his incredibly offensive comments yesterday and today about black women in the other thread. Or just let this place stay the same.

Great soccer related post Ewok, very informative...

Back