SOCCER POSTS ONLY... Can this be done?

Footy30

SILVER ELITE
This board has become an embarrassment, however I would still like to get soccer info from people who are in the know and from AZ/NV peeps too. Can this thread please be only soccer related posts. If you're on this forum and don't want to hear anyone babble about how they think they're an expert on covid, or numbers etc. Or read racist, misogynistic posts, or better yet hear their BS political bashing please lets post here. I used to like to read posts from people who contributed to this board and now that all went to hell. Soooo can this thread please only be about soccer information. I don't care if you hate Newsom or Biden, or Trump etc. Let this thread be about soccer info only... (please no snitching on clubs either, that's really lame)

Here, I'll go first: As of now, the Vegas tournament Dec 18th is still a go. Received an e-mail that as of now they're planning on having it. Surf Cup hasn't responded to any e-mails from various DOCS which leads me to believe that it will most likely get cancelled. Some clubs are scrimmaging other teams within their own club, some are scrimmaging other clubs. I won't out club names, but some are out playing in their club gear and some are playing in plain t-shirts on the DL, Some SW ECNL teams have been able to play their AZ/NV league games, and ECRL from what I understand is still in a holding pattern. I have had to deal with covid cases in three different clubs, and I feel that all three clubs handled it very well. We chose as a family to test after every e-mail we received saying of possible exposure, but that's our decision and we don't force our opinions on anyone else on the teams.

Before all this political B.S. took over we seemed to all want to help one another. @Grace T. was helpful with her GK stuff, but now I skip her non soccer related posts @lafalafa has always is helpful, ( no politics which I appreciate) hell, @Sheriff Joe and even @theoutlaw were very helpful when not dragging politics in and this is the problem... I absolutely disagree with @theoutlaw and @sherrifjoe when it comes to politics, but I did enjoy getting soccer info from them and still do... So here is an idea... if you don't agree with someone's politics on here lets just stop effing talking about it!! Let's utilize this board for what it was created for, to all talk about the one thing that binds us all together: Our love of the beautiful game, helping each other out, watching our kids grow, and trying to be the best parents we can be. I guarantee that even though Sheriff Joe, Outlaw, and other s who I can't remember who spew racist remarks on this board would immediately come to help a player if they needed it at a game, and vice versa EOTL, myself, and other dems and liberals would help a player in a heartbeat if they needed it. So please let's just all STFU about everything except soccer and get back to to what binds us all.... the love of the game and the love of our kids.

Okay, my PSA is done, some of you will roll your eyes and think i'm a pussy or snowflake or whatever, and others may agree with me, so how about those that want to focus only soccer post here... and the rest of you can go talk elsewhere.

This board has become an embarrassment, however I would still like to get soccer info from people who are in the know and from AZ/NV peeps too. Can this thread please be only soccer related posts. If you're on this forum and don't want to hear anyone babble about how they think they're an expert on covid, or numbers etc. Or read racist, misogynistic posts, or better yet hear their BS political bashing please lets post here. I used to like to read posts from people who contributed to this board and now that all went to hell. Soooo can this thread please only be about soccer information. I don't care if you hate Newsom or Biden, or Trump etc. Let this thread be about soccer info only... (please no snitching on clubs either, that's really lame)

Here, I'll go first: As of now, the Vegas tournament Dec 18th is still a go. Received an e-mail that as of now they're planning on having it. Surf Cup hasn't responded to any e-mails from various DOCS which leads me to believe that it will most likely get cancelled. Some clubs are scrimmaging other teams within their own club, some are scrimmaging other clubs. I won't out club names, but some are out playing in their club gear and some are playing in plain t-shirts on the DL, Some SW ECNL teams have been able to play their AZ/NV league games, and ECRL from what I understand is still in a holding pattern. I have had to deal with covid cases in three different clubs, and I feel that all three clubs handled it very well. We chose as a family to test after every e-mail we received saying of possible exposure, but that's our decision and we don't force our opinions on anyone else on the teams.

Before all this political B.S. took over we seemed to all want to help one another. @Grace T. was helpful with her GK stuff, but now I skip her non soccer related posts @lafalafa has always is helpful, ( no politics which I appreciate) hell, @Sheriff Joe and even @theoutlaw were very helpful when not dragging politics in and this is the problem... I absolutely disagree with @theoutlaw and @sherrifjoe when it comes to politics, but I did enjoy getting soccer info from them and still do... So here is an idea... if you don't agree with someone's politics on here lets just stop effing talking about it!! Let's utilize this board for what it was created for, to all talk about the one thing that binds us all together: Our love of the beautiful game, helping each other out, watching our kids grow, and trying to be the best parents we can be. I guarantee that even though Sheriff Joe, Outlaw, and other s who I can't remember who spew racist remarks on this board would immediately come to help a player if they needed it at a game, and vice versa EOTL, myself, and other dems and liberals would help a player in a heartbeat if they needed it. So please let's just all STFU about everything except soccer and get back to to what binds us all.... the love of the game and the love of our kids.

Okay, my PSA is done, some of you will roll your eyes and think i'm a pussy or snowflake or whatever, and others may agree with me, so how about those that want to focus only soccer post here... and the rest of you can go talk elsewhere.

Sheriffjoe posted actual soccer content with no politics? When?

I can tell you that as of now, Metro Phoenix, has not made any changes to their soccer policy. They want to continue having games as long as the fields are open. Will that hold for another 4-6 weeks, so Surf can happen? I have no idea. I hope so, as we are scheduled to play in it.

for the record that took exactly 1 post:rolleyes:

Yup... hope it ends there

*** Have a friend at a club who said the AZ Desert Cup is still a go as of now, one of my kids have played in that tournament and it was nice at Reach very organized**

*** Have a friend at a club who said the AZ Desert Cup is still a go as of today.. (11/19) one of my kids have played in that tournament and it was nice at Reach very organized**

Before all this political B.S. took over we seemed to all want to help one another. @Grace T. was helpful with her GK stuff, but now I skip her non soccer related posts @lafalafa has always is helpful, ( no politics which I appreciate) hell, @Sheriff Joe and even @theoutlaw were very helpful when not dragging politics in and this is the problem... I absolutely disagree with @the-outlaw and @sherrifjoe when it comes to politics, but I did enjoy getting soccer info from them and still do... So here is an idea... if you don't agree with someone's politics on here lets just stop effing talking about it!! Let's utilize this board for what it was created for, to all talk about the one thing that binds us all together: Our love of the beautiful game, helping each other out, watching our kids grow, and trying to be the best parents we can be. I guarantee that even though Sheriff Joe, Outlaw, and other s who I can't remember who spew racist remarks on this board would immediately come to help a player if they needed it at a game, and vice versa EOTL, myself, and other dems and liberals would help a player in a heartbeat if they needed it. So please let's just all STFU about everything except soccer and get back to to what binds us all.... the love of the game and the love of our kids.

It would be great if this forum could be about soccer only. It isn’t going to happen until people stop making racist, misogynistic and homophobic comments here, and they have proven it won’t until they are forced out like Outlaw. Tyrone and Fandango. During the brief period after they were banned and Outlaw was suspended, this place actually went back to soccer, but now we’re back to where we were. We all know why.

I appreciate everything you are saying, but nothing will change until people like you actually call them out and take action, instead of minimizing the full extent of their behavior and and even giving them a pat on the back by asserting they “were very helpful when not dragging politics in and this is the problem.” Not long after you posted this, @Sheriff Joe was posting an unflattering photo of Michelle Obama’s backside because repeatedly calling another black woman, Kamala Harris, a whore apparently wasn’t racist enough. Your well-intentioned post, like many that came before it, accomplished nothing.

So why does it keep happening? Because a few people share Sheriff Joe’s bigoted, racist, misogynist and homophobic beliefs. You know the type. Others are too chicken to confront him because he’s a bully. But mostly it is because a lot of people are ok tolerating such offensive behavior. It doesn’t bother them because they aren’t part of the group that is targeted, so they don’t care. As I have said many times, it is the American Way to not give a s**t about other people. So this is what happens, whether it’s at a youth soccer forum or in real life. Even for you, it took a direct impact on you - ruining a soccer forum that you liked - to do something. Not the racism. Not the misogyny. Not the complete lack of civility.

But like some others here, I am not ok with it. I catch a lot of flak, but the truth is I don’t initiate off-topic posts, but have only responded to those who do. I am also happy responding to a lack of civility with more of the same. For those who focus their derision on those who actually step up to the plate in response to the blatant bigotry here, however, and not those who make the bigoted comments, you are part of the problem and only enabling more of the same, and it will not change until you do.

If you or anyone wants this place back, address the root cause. When @Sheriff Joe makes a bigoted offensive comment, tell @Dominic. In fact, go complain right now about his incredibly offensive comments yesterday and today about black women in the other thread. Or just let this place stay the same.

schedules are posted for it, so I'd say it'll happen.

Looking at U16 girls AZ Desert Cup seem to have used Got Soccer for seeding. Be rooting for LUFC and Simi Valley.

As of earlier this week, I believe the Route 66 Cup is still a go.
Hope so, plan on playing in it. Our club didn't feel ready for the Desert Cup with everything going on so chose a free tourney with cheap hotels to get some playing time.

Surf Cup sent an email a few days ago saying they received double the applications as teams they can accept based on their current field availability. It seems like they are looking for more fields to accept more teams. 11/23 was deadline they said to inform everyone who was accepted or not(if they haven't heard already). Tone of email showed no thoughts of cancelling but many things can happen in 6 weeks too.

It would be great if this forum could be about soccer only. It isn’t going to happen until people stop making racist, misogynistic and homophobic comments here, and they have proven it won’t until they are forced out like Outlaw. Tyrone and Fandango. During the brief period after they were banned and Outlaw was suspended, this place actually went back to soccer, but now we’re back to where we were. We all know why.

I appreciate everything you are saying, but nothing will change until people like you actually call them out and take action, instead of minimizing the full extent of their behavior and and even giving them a pat on the back by asserting they “were very helpful when not dragging politics in and this is the problem.” Not long after you posted this, @Sheriff Joe was posting an unflattering photo of Michelle Obama’s backside because repeatedly calling another black woman, Kamala Harris, a whore apparently wasn’t racist enough. Your well-intentioned post, like many that came before it, accomplished nothing.

So why does it keep happening? Because a few people share Sheriff Joe’s bigoted, racist, misogynist and homophobic beliefs. You know the type. Others are too chicken to confront him because he’s a bully. But mostly it is because a lot of people are ok tolerating such offensive behavior. It doesn’t bother them because they aren’t part of the group that is targeted, so they don’t care. As I have said many times, it is the American Way to not give a s**t about other people. So this is what happens, whether it’s at a youth soccer forum or in real life. Even for you, it took a direct impact on you - ruining a soccer forum that you liked - to do something. Not the racism. Not the misogyny. Not the complete lack of civility.

But like some others here, I am not ok with it. I catch a lot of flak, but the truth is I don’t initiate off-topic posts, but have only responded to those who do. I am also happy responding to a lack of civility with more of the same. For those who focus their derision on those who actually step up to the plate in response to the blatant bigotry here, however, and not those who make the bigoted comments, you are part of the problem and only enabling more of the same, and it will not change until you do.

If you or anyone wants this place back, address the root cause. When @Sheriff Joe makes a bigoted offensive comment, tell @Dominic. In fact, go complain right now about his incredibly offensive comments yesterday and today about black women in the other thread. Or just let this place stay the same.

I don't want this to get highjacked, but I will say this @EOTL I am not okay with racist or misogynist beliefs but I don't think engaging with people like this on a soccer board will accomplish anything. It fuels them and whomever shares their beliefs. In real life where I can see whom I'm speaking with yes absolutely I stand up for what I believe in, but here where anyone can type what they want with no repercussions it's exhausting and not worth my time. My "pat on the back" was simply showing that if everyone would STFU about everything except soccer related things, then we could all actually use what this forum is intended for. The ignore button works wonders. And while I think it's great that you stand up to this behavior on here , like you yourself stated, it accomplished nothing because it's an online forum (soccer). I am a POC (and a decent human being) so absolutely comments get under my skin but again engaging with people on here accomplishes nothing.

NOMADS THANKSGIVING TOURNAMENT & NEXT FRIENDLIES, TUCSON AZ
Tournament Status: CANCELLED as of 6:00 p.m. 11/19/20

County would not allow out of state teams to come in due to rising case rates. Complex management says they except other AZ counties to do the same soon.

I won't out club names, but some are out playing in their club gear and some are playing in plain t-shirts on the DL, Some SW ECNL teams have been able to play their AZ/NV league games, and ECRL from what I understand is still in a holding pattern.

There were ECRL games here in Vegas between Heat and Legends last weekend and I believe Rebels ECRL will be here this weekend to play Heat.

Surf Cup sent an email a few days ago saying they received double the applications as teams they can accept based on their current field availability. It seems like they are looking for more fields to accept more teams. 11/23 was deadline they said to inform everyone who was accepted or not(if they haven't heard already). Tone of email showed no thoughts of cancelling but many things can happen in 6 weeks too.

Yeah my niece said her team is still waiting to be accepted?? So strange.. Maybe Surf is waiting to see how everything goes after Thanksgiving? I want to believe it will happen, but they waited until the last minute to cancel the last few times so I guess we wait and see....

Back