SOCCER POSTS ONLY... Can this be done?

How do you feel about sending your kid. I have really mixed feelings, as much as DD wants to play and as much as I want to see her play. Not sure it's the right thing to do at this point in time. Curious how others feel.

I'm avoiding air travel and cruises even though prices are dirt cheap now.

Here's some of that crazy stuff due to CA laws.

My son's club is taking a lot of teams to play in AZ this weekend. We're going.

Two teams from the same club (his club) are going to play each other. Yes, that's what is happening. Two teams from the same club were scheduled to play each other and have to go to AZ to do so.

My son's playing a team from San Diego, so yeah, going to AZ to play a CA team.

There are a number of CA teams on the schedule.

Here's some of that crazy stuff due to CA laws.

My son's club is taking a lot of teams to play in AZ this weekend. We're going.

Two teams from the same club (his club) are going to play each other. Yes, that's what is happening. Two teams from the same club were scheduled to play each other and have to go to AZ to do so.

My son's playing a team from San Diego, so yeah, going to AZ to play a CA team.

There are a number of CA teams on the schedule.
1605908030252.png

How do you feel about sending your kid. I have really mixed feelings, as much as DD wants to play and as much as I want to see her play. Not sure it's the right thing to do at this point in time. Curious how others feel.
We travel and stay as a family. After her injuries, I selfishly enjoy watching her being able to once again play the game she loves so much. Travel is so much easier now and way less crowded.

This would require a discussion of COVID (risks involved, morality, legalisms, tradeoffs) which is not permitted under the rules at the current time. Let's keep the forum on track.

This would require a discussion of COVID (risks involved, morality, legalisms, tradeoffs) which is not permitted under the rules at the current time. Let's keep the forum on track.
Forget all that shit. I would want to know how many minutes my kid is going to play in those three games. In fact, if my kid got the call to go fly to SC, I would demand two full games. Period, end of story. Friday and Sunday and sit out Saturdays game unless that's the best team out of the three. All full games too.

It looks like they are doing it by each individual club.

Not sure about ECRL (other than what others have posted here) but for ECNL (girls) you're correct it appears so far, the AZ and NV teams are avoiding travel this year, and every weekend a So Cal team has gone out to play their league game.

I'm not asking about or wanting any political views. Just trying to understand points of view regarding traveling to play next month and in Jan and wondering what people are hearing about cancellations and club policies in line with this.

What kind of Air travel prices you see that are economical? I would like to go that route, but monies limited. ( Southwest)?

Please lets keep this thread on track but I will answer your question then move on

try downloading momondo they will try to find you reasonable flights
Orbitz too

Please lets keep this thread on track but I will answer your question then move on

try downloading momondo they will try to find you reasonable flights
Orbitz too
What about the car rental? Uber around? Hitch a ride from one of the other families? I dont think so. You cant mix things up like that. SOL unless you got cash to piss away. My wife told me yesterday that cash will be useless soon. Trade and barter is the future.

Not sure about ECRL (other than what others have posted here) but for ECNL (girls) you're correct it appears so far, the AZ and NV teams are avoiding travel this year, and every weekend a So Cal team has gone out to play their league game.
I was referring to girls ECRL.

I'm not asking about or wanting any political views. Just trying to understand points of view regarding traveling to play next month and in Jan and wondering what people are hearing about cancellations and club policies in line with this.
Both my DD’s would have my head if they had games scheduled and I tried to hold them out. They have been chomping at the bit for meaningful competition for 10 months.

There is no real health risk to anyone in our family.

Totally understand, unfortunately this is a touchy subject and it inevitably becomes political... If I were to say do what you feel is best for your family it would literally turn into a political discussion. your best bet is to ask this on a different forum.. best of luck! If you read some of the above threads it can give you an idea of cancellations, although these days nothing is certain.

My daughter and I are looking forward to soccer in SC and plan to go assuming it's still on and our club is willing to go.

Back