SOCCER POSTS ONLY... Can this be done?

Even made WAPO

I sure hope it goes well and there are no outbreaks. My biggest concern is that if it goes poorly it will be used as an excuse to delay youths sports even further in CA, if it goes well it likely will just be ignored.
You don't really have any illusions of organized club soccer games being allowed to start up in CA before March 2020 at the earliest, do you? For CA soccer, it doesn't matter what happens at Desert Cup. If we are waiting until 1/100,000 (Yellow), or even 4/100,000 (Orange), Desert Cup will be long forgotten. As a state, we are at 31.7/100,000 and rising. We are just going to have to continue to take advantage of the COVID safe alternatives in our state such as skateboarding, surfing, and strip clubs.
1606344941651.png

You don't really have any illusions of organized club soccer games being allowed to start up in CA before March 2020 at the earliest, do you? For CA soccer, it doesn't matter what happens at Desert Cup. If we are waiting until 1/100,000 (Yellow), or even 4/100,000 (Orange), Desert Cup will be long forgotten. As a state, we are at 31.7/100,000 and rising. We are just going to have to continue to take advantage of the COVID safe alternatives in our state such as skateboarding, surfing, and strip clubs.
View attachment 9541
Those requirements are almost unachievable, unless everything is shut down and no one goes anywhere except to get basic life essentials. Kinda cray cray.

View attachment 9541
hopefully the media does something useful and leaks the youth sports guidance that never came out for the state so we can all stop guessing

View attachment 9541
I can imagine Feb for some of the north. Alameda and SF were solidly into orange/yellow a month ago. Not so impossible for them.

Of course, Fauci is very well respected in SF, and has been since the 80s. Compliance is a little easier there.

Girls olders
Surf has been messing with people's emotions for months now. They'll keep their cards close to their chest and make a decision at the last possible moment. Their fate is in the hands of the City of Phoenix. Without access to Reach 11 there is no chance for a tournament. There is a meeting scheduled on 2 DEC - I'm sure field access will be at the top of the list. If Reach and others are shut down, hasta la vista Surf.

View attachment 9541
You're 100% correct on all accounts. We're damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Mini ramp just went up in the backyard last weekend.

Surf has been messing with people's emotions for months now. They'll keep their cards close to their chest and make a decision at the last possible moment. Their fate is in the hands of the City of Phoenix. Without access to Reach 11 there is no chance for a tournament. There is a meeting scheduled on 2 DEC - I'm sure field access will be at the top of the list. If Reach and others are shut down, hasta la vista Surf.

One tournament is insignificant to the overall damage the dictator's are doing to our youth preventing school and sports along with destroying people's lives by shutting down business. 3.5% of the US population got the China virus. 99.6% survival rate. I want my kid to play soccer but I'd much rather have her in school and I'd much rather see people able to work and operate their businesses so the can provide for themselves and their family. There will be other soccer tournaments I'd surf gets canceled I'm not worried about that one bit.

ok I guess covid talk is ok now?
Hahaha! I feel like this is comparable to a toxic relationship that you just can't quit because the sex is so good. I have never experienced such a relationship, but I imagine this is what it's like. To keep this on topic, a week from now we will apparently be in SC playing soccer and trying out the BBQ places @MileHighDad identified.

Just pointing out that some places might play soccer a bit earlier.

If you don't like the reason SF is likely to play before OC, that's your problem.

That would require a discussion of the reasons SF is likely to play before OC. Notwithstanding your invocation of Fauci and certain SF behaviors, I was under the assumption that discussion in this forum was against the rules now, though @Dominic does not seem to have enforced the rule to date despite several COVID talk violations.

Hahaha! I feel like this is comparable to a toxic relationship that you just can't quit because the sex is so good. I have never experienced such a relationship, but I imagine this is what it's like. To keep this on topic, a week from now we will apparently be in SC playing soccer and trying out the BBQ places @MileHighDad identified.
Have a great trip.

Count me as jealous. I’d be happy with a local game against SF Elite right now.

hopefully the media does something useful and leaks the youth sports guidance that never came out for the state so we can all stop guessing
Oh, it's been leaked plenty. Won't share it but basically says no team travel out state. You can play in county game or bordering county IF both are in the orange category for soccer. I still think something will be out before HS fall sports is supposed to start 2nd week of December.

Back