Seven stages of Covid.. keep playing and find out how far you will go!

Do you not believe that natural immunity from prior infection provides better protection from reinfection than vaccinated immunity?
I see no reason to believe the two are mutually exclusive. I am vaccinated, but I figure my own odds of catching a mild case of delta are nowhere near zero. No need to rush it, but it’s reasonably likely I’ll end up with both.

Quite a few vaccinated people are going to end up with boh natural and vaccinated immunity- either because they got vaccinated after infection, or because they had exposure after vaccination.

You are on the toilet do your own research.. get your own link
If you were the light at the end of the tunnel, I’d turn back around
You are searching for a light at the end of the tunnel when what you need to do is let YOUR little light shine. If you need further advice on this, please refer to @crush. His little light shines so bright that I regularly need dark sunglasses to observe (No offense, Crush). Also, if I don't get off the toilet soon, my wife is going to wonder what I am doing in here.

I see no reason to believe the two are mutually exclusive. I am vaccinated, but I figure my own odds of catching a mild case of delta are nowhere near zero. No need to rush it, but it’s reasonably likely I’ll end up with both.

Quite a few vaccinated people are going to end up with boh natural and vaccinated immunity- either because they got vaccinated after infection, or because they had exposure after vaccination.
I wonder if order matters? The one limited study was infection first, vaccination second gave you an advanced immunity. Does vaccination first, infection second give you the same advanced immunity? I would it suspect it does, but who knows. I wouldn't recommend getting the infection 2nd even if it gives you enhanced immunity.

BTW, I'm not saying if you've been infected don't get vaccinated (that's up to you and your Dr.). I just believe its not appropriate, and actually anti-science, to mandate one over the other, which is what is happening in many cases.

It's apparent that the Covid fear mongers are incapable of understanding context and relative risk. They can only think in terms of gross numbers. Irrational fear obviously kills brain cells.
Some don't appear to understand the gross numbers very well. Nationwide 53 positive tests for COVID for children in the hospital should be in the Good News thread. I just hope the numbers stay that low.

Some don't appear to understand the gross numbers very well. Nationwide 53 positive tests for COVID for children in the hospital should be in the Good News thread. I just hope the numbers stay that low.
Let's not pretend that its really about the protection of children, when the reality is that its for the protection of adults. That's why we hear the argument that "it doesn't matter that the virus poses little risk to children, what about community spread?" Community spread is a euphemism for "that snot nosed kid better not give me Covid".

I wonder if order matters? The one limited study was infection first, vaccination second gave you an advanced immunity. Does vaccination first, infection second give you the same advanced immunity? I would it suspect it does, but who knows. I wouldn't recommend getting the infection 2nd even if it gives you enhanced immunity.

BTW, I'm not saying if you've been infected don't get vaccinated (that's up to you and your Dr.). I just believe its not appropriate, and actually anti-science, to mandate one over the other, which is what is happening in many cases.
Kind of moot.

Supposing they had evidence that infection before vaccination was slightly better than the other. What would you do with that information?

Let's not pretend that its really about the protection of children, when the reality is that its for the protection of adults. That's why we hear the argument that "it doesn't matter that the virus poses little risk to children, what about community spread?" Community spread is a euphemism for "that snot nosed kid better not give me Covid".
I posted in another thread but I think you'll like this essay. It covers a lot of the things you have been saying about children.

Afraid of direct contagion from the snot nosed kid? Not really. I am healthy and vaccinated. The likely damage to me is quite small.

However, one of my kid’s friends has a little sister with a weak immune system. My fear is that covid makes it to her, because she can’t fight it off.

So, nothing to do with the snot nosed kid. Hope he scores a goal this weekend.

Community spread is a way to say, “more covid in the community means more exposure for the vulnerable in our community”.

Afraid of direct contagion from the snot nosed kid? Not really. I am healthy and vaccinated. The likely damage to me is quite small.

However, one of my kid’s friends has a little sister with a weak immune system. My fear is that covid makes it to her, because she can’t fight it off.

So, nothing to do with the snot nosed kid. Hope he scores a goal this weekend.

Community spread is a way to say, “more covid in the community means more exposure for the vulnerable in our community”.

Your own personal behavior with the N95s belies that this has anything to do with the immunocompromised sister of your kids friends...it implies it really is about you.

I posted in another thread but I think you'll like this essay. It covers a lot of the things you have been saying about children.

I had read that. While I agree with the points its a little strong for my tastes.

Your own personal behavior with the N95s belies that this has anything to do with the immunocompromised sister of your kids friends...it implies it really is about you.
It is a systems thinking question, not a personal risk question.

You and DH will never really get your brains around it. Your head keeps wanting to ask “given a fixed world, what is the risk to me?”. That isn‘t the question I am asking at all.

I am asking “given what we know about the virus, how do we reduce the risk to all of us?”

You and DH will never really get your brains around it. Your head keeps wanting to ask “given a fixed world, what is the risk to me?”. That isn‘t the question I am asking at all.

I am asking “given what we know about the virus, how do we reduce the risk to all of us?”

From a systems point of view: a. there aren't enough N95s to go around for everyone (you and I agree govt should have done more in this area). Every N95 you use is an N95 which is not available to a medical worker or vulnerable person like my folks. Every N95 that you buy drives up the price incrementally from people that want them and have an argument that they really need them.
b. you've said surgicals works....why don't you use them then? You're using an N95 in the supermarket is going to do very much to help the others around you....aren't you in education too....aren't you getting tested?...the odds of you asymptomatically passing something onto others given you are also vaccinated are very small.
c. The n95 is about you....it's not about others. You either believe the science you've been pushing or you don't. Either the masks work or they don't.

Can you add to that question….for how long and at what expense?

This times 1000. I am vaccinated but know I will eventually get it. I will have mild symptoms as a result. Life will go on. On the other hand a coworker of mine just told me yesterday her step dad just passed away from covid complications. He was an anti-vaxer, the maga varietal (not the q-hippy type). Surely he would've survived covid had he taken the vaccine. Sure, just one example, but this is happening all over the place with low vaccination rates.

I would actually agree with anti-maskers for kids in school in areas with high vaccination rates. We live in a county that has really high vaccination rates. I don't particularly see the need for the masks in school. At least until there's a mutation that impacts children more than it does today. My kids don't complain about it, so whatever.

The problem though, anti-maskers and anti-vaxers are usually the same people.

This times 1000. I am vaccinated but know I will eventually get it. I will have mild symptoms as a result. Life will go on. On the other hand a coworker of mine just told me yesterday her step dad just passed away from covid complications. He was an anti-vaxer, the maga varietal (not the q-hippy type). Surely he would've survived covid had he taken the vaccine. Sure, just one example, but this is happening all over the place with low vaccination rates.

I would actually agree with anti-maskers for kids in school in areas with high vaccination rates. We live in a county that has really high vaccination rates. I don't particularly see the need for the masks in school. At least until there's a mutation that impacts children more than it does today. My kids don't complain about it, so whatever.

Be careful, you could be labeled an anti-masker with your common sense position on children and masks. ;)

Out of honest curiosity, what makes you so sure your going to get it? I realize that luck plays a roll, is it just that you can't control luck? I took a don't be stupid, but don't hide, approach to Covid, and maybe I just got lucky. At this point I'm vaccinated and other than keeping my distance from people that are sick I don't really take any other precautions. While I probably wouldn't too surprised if I got Covid, I'm not expecting to get it.

You've simplified a very complex thing, to include the virus. Vaccinated people are dying at an alarming rate, check the data coming out of England and even in our own country. More vaccinated people died of covid in England than unvaccinated from 1FEB - 1 AUG. Makes sense really. It's an imperfect vaccine with high coverage. Generally speaking healthy people, vaccinated or not, survive covid. Some wont , but most do. Data coming out of New England suggests the increase as well.

This ridiculous political discussion surrounding health care is suffocating. You can and should treat infections with everything and the kitchen sink. Some will, some won't. Political discourse is getting in the way of health care. The Surgeon General said something the other day that recieved little attention by the hystric stream media: "It is really important that we convey that success does not equal no cases," Murthy said. "Success looks like very few people in the hospital and very few dying."

But we will continue to delineate tribes, direct unscientific mandates, and generally wreak havoc on the ability of medical professionals to care for their patients.

Be careful, you could be labeled an anti-masker with your common sense position on children and masks. ;)

Out of honest curiosity, what makes you so sure your going to get it? I realize that luck plays a roll, is it just that you can't control luck? I took a don't be stupid, but don't hide, approach to Covid, and maybe I just got lucky. At this point I'm vaccinated and other than keeping my distance from people that are sick I don't really take any other precautions. While I probably wouldn't too surprised if I got Covid, I'm not expecting to get it.

Because even in our highly vaccinated county, kids are getting it. Their symptoms are all flu-like and not a huge deal. I mean I realize I'm ignoring some kids that are immunocompromised that @dad4 rightfully brings up, but in general the impact to kids is pretty low from what I've seen so far. I know several families that have gotten it. My family is pretty safe, so if we get it, it will be through the kids. Not a huge deal, due to our vaccination rates. If I lived somewhere where the vax rates were bad, I'd quickly move. Our hospitals are just moving along with no real shortages of anything. Again, due to vax rates. Maybe natural immunity will achieve the same eventually, but that's some pretty brutal collateral damage.

You've simplified a very complex thing, to include the virus. Vaccinated people are dying at an alarming rate, check the data coming out of England and even in our own country. More vaccinated people died of covid in England than unvaccinated from 1FEB - 1 AUG. Makes sense really. It's an imperfect vaccine with high coverage. Generally speaking healthy people, vaccinated or not, survive covid. Some wont , but most do. Data coming out of New England suggests the increase as well.

This ridiculous political discussion surrounding health care is suffocating. You can and should treat infections with everything and the kitchen sink. Some will, some won't. Political discourse is getting in the way of health care. The Surgeon General said something the other day that recieved little attention by the hystric stream media: "It is really important that we convey that success does not equal no cases," Murthy said. "Success looks like very few people in the hospital and very few dying."

But we will continue to delineate tribes, direct unscientific mandates, and generally wreak havoc on the ability of medical professionals to care for their patients.

Are you referring to my "maga varietal" comment? I backed that up with "q-hippy" in case you missed it.

Honestly dude, I don't even know what you're arguing. You're all over the place. Maybe take a break from the screen a bit.

Back