SCDSL now to be called SoCal

I looked at it and what you are saying is across the board. Maybe in their mind this is a 'soccer cohort'? Not saying I agree or that it would be helpful.....
When clubs have multiple teams in the same age group and put them in the same flight and the scheduling is done by geography then this happens. Clubs either need to spread their teams out over different flights or explain to their families while Team Diaz is playing close to home but Team Diego is traveling to some other geographical area to play someone other than a team from their own club just so the teams don't have to play each other.
The other thing is just because there are several teams from the same club playing each other doesn't really mean that those teams are really from the same club. Alot of clubs have teams in the same uniform that don't even know each other. I think for spring and minimizing travel for teams as much as possible I'd take 8 games in my own backyard rather than schlepping across the county line or traveling too far to play someone else.
This is just about the clubs placement of the teams and maybe for spring they are being cautious and keeping teams close to home?

When clubs have multiple teams in the same age group and put them in the same flight and the scheduling is done by geography then this happens. Clubs either need to spread their teams out over different flights or explain to their families while Team Diaz is playing close to home but Team Diego is traveling to some other geographical area to play someone other than a team from their own club just so the teams don't have to play each other.
The other thing is just because there are several teams from the same club playing each other doesn't really mean that those teams are really from the same club. Alot of clubs have teams in the same uniform that don't even know each other. I think for spring and minimizing travel for teams as much as possible I'd take 8 games in my own backyard rather than schlepping across the county line or traveling too far to play someone else.
This is just about the clubs placement of the teams and maybe for spring they are being cautious and keeping teams close to home?
County or state health dept may be encouraging local play, too.

I looked at it and what you are saying is across the board. Maybe in their mind this is a 'soccer cohort'? Not saying I agree or that it would be helpful.....

Geographic groups work better where there is more diversity, when two to three clubs make up a high majority of a bracket or age group bound to happen. Almost like a intraleague bracket.

What is considered to be Flight 2 these days? Are MLS Next, ECNL and GA only considered Flight 1 from a team standpoint?

Depends on the club and league, flight 2 is loose term for the 2nd to 4th team in a age group in general. Lines can blurr somewhat and some club don't have flight 1 teams so the top team could be a flight 2.

For Next flight 2 would be the EA league or something along those lines.

For ECNL flight 2 could be ECRL for some clubs but not necessarily that cut & dry. If a club only has ECRL that could be their first team and not 2-4. NPL might be flight 2 for some clubs.

GA could be flight 2 or not depending just like ECRL.

In a tournament flight 2 or not the top bracket can be mixed depending on the number of participants.

In CSL, Presidio, Socal leagues flight 2 equivalency comes in different shapes & forms.

I was looking at the different brackets and it seems there is no longer a Champions Division at SCDSL. Does anyone know if this is right or did I just miss it.

I was looking at the different brackets and it seems there is no longer a Champions Division at SCDSL. Does anyone know if this is right or did I just miss it.

spring will be nothing more then local as possible friendlies. It will be back in the Fall.

"With Discovery NPL / Champions Division being the only promotion/relegation divisions in the SCDSL, member club DOC's flight their teams according to where they believe the team would be most competitive."

"With Discovery NPL / Champions Division being the only promotion/relegation divisions in the SCDSL, member club DOC's flight their teams according to where they believe the team would be most competitive."

SCHEDULES OUT.......................YOUNGERS!

you have a complete schedule with dates/times/locations?
I see only schedules for the next few weeks, complete schedule with dates/times/locations not out yet. I think future field locations will depend on Guidelines and City parks opening.

If all of the sudden your opponent disappears then that team dropped for various reasons this Spring. We were told Albion Temecula and Albion North (San Marcos) dropped there teams from Spring Only due to their philosophy that is it to much to soon after such a long lay off and High School for the older kids.

If all of the sudden your opponent disappears then that team dropped for various reasons this Spring. We were told Albion Temecula and Albion North (San Marcos) dropped there teams from Spring Only due to their philosophy that is it to much to soon after such a long lay off and High School for the older kids.

I heard a few teams from the FC Premier decided to do this as well. My son has something like 25 games in 2 months between HS and club.

From what I see on the SW NPL schedule, Albion North G04 team is playing in that league, they are also still showing on the schedule for SCDSL that seems excessive to have the team play in both leagues this spring especially as their players are likely also playing high school soccer. I noticed San Clemente Surf G04 are also showing up on both league’s schedules.

Back