SCDSL now to be called SoCal

None of those are better for 99% of SCDSL's customers and everyone knows it. Lower prices, come on, you would find the difference between the cushions of your couch. Look, I get it, they want to rebrand to push the new partnership, fine, great. Just don't pretend that the kid working his ass off in flight 2 has a ton of benefits from this.
I disagree. Just this week I finished multiple team budgets for next year and because of the expanded league season and state cup both with time and number of games almost every team budget had at least 1 less tournament on their schedule then they would normally have. While your right it’s not a ton of $ broken down amongst the team but $1,000 bucks is a $1,000 bucks. And for the olders including (flight 2 teams) the discounted college showcase events also create a savings. And If your saying Flight 2 teams aren’t or shouldn’t be going to college showcases or getting kids into college out of a flight 2 level then your at the wrong club all together so ingiess it would be irrelevant anyways. Aside from that The better and more Accesable coaching education that’s gonna be available definitely helps those flight 2 and 3 teams. Who do you thinks going to those courses and clinics ? It’s not the top level “A” and “B” licensed coaches with all the top teams that’s for sure.

I disagree. Just this week I finished multiple team budgets for next year and because of the expanded league season and state cup both with time and number of games almost every team budget had at least 1 less tournament on their schedule then they would normally have. While your right it’s not a ton of $ broken down amongst the team but $1,000 bucks is a $1,000 bucks. And for the olders including (flight 2 teams) the discounted college showcase events also create a savings. And If your saying Flight 2 teams aren’t or shouldn’t be going to college showcases or getting kids into college out of a flight 2 level then your at the wrong club all together so ingiess it would be irrelevant anyways. Aside from that The better and more Accesable coaching education that’s gonna be available definitely helps those flight 2 and 3 teams. Who do you thinks going to those courses and clinics ? It’s not the top level “A” and “B” licensed coaches with all the top teams that’s for sure.

You're comparing the wrong thing. SCDSL fees are not dropping by $1000 per team, not even close. It works out to about $2 per kid for league fees. Ref fees are going up anyways so you're going to net out at not saving anything.

Look, again, the rebrand, the move away from Cal South, fine, great, that's Michelle's decision and we respect it, might as well get the major upheavals out of the way during the biggest upheaval of our lifetimes. I just really wish we wouldn't brand this as "for the kids".

Cal-South is not the reason that club soccer is expensive. I can appreciate them trying to reduce costs. But this isn't going to move the needle for most:

1. Reducing the competitive player registration fees to the following without any reduction in benefits for the Cal South member Leagues/Clubs:
    1. $18 per player for U11 and younger (reduced from $26.75 per player)
    2. $24 per player for U12 to U19 (reduced from $26.75 per player)
  2. Eliminating the Release and Transfer Fee of $25 per Transfer between Leagues/Clubs

Cal-South is not the reason that club soccer is expensive. I can appreciate them trying to reduce costs. But this isn't going to move the needle for most:

1. Reducing the competitive player registration fees to the following without any reduction in benefits for the Cal South member Leagues/Clubs:
    1. $18 per player for U11 and younger (reduced from $26.75 per player)
    2. $24 per player for U12 to U19 (reduced from $26.75 per player)
  2. Eliminating the Release and Transfer Fee of $25 per Transfer between Leagues/Clubs

Come on now you can use that extra $2.75 to almost buy a drink a Starbucks or put in 3/4 of a gallon of gas in before you spend a lot more to park and drive all the way to Silverlakes or Oceanside.

Come on now you can use that extra $2.75 to almost buy a drink a Starbucks or put in 3/4 of a gallon of gas in before you spend a lot more to park and drive all the way to Silverlakes or Oceanside.
Your fees wont be going from $2,400 down to $2,397.25.
But if your club has 1,000 players, they just saved $2,750

Your fees wont be going from $2,400 down to $2,397.25.
But if your club has 1,000 players, they just saved $2,750

Our player is fortunately to be on a sponsored team so club costs are incidental.

However, he spends a good part of his part-time job income traveling to practice, games, tournaments paying for his truck, gas, parking, food , etc for soccer activities.

He's happy to be playing semi or local and spending less of his salary doing so

Usclub fees have also been < vs CS and we I haven't been members after /u12 many years ago.

If your club had 1000 players, they probably have 800 now, but I appreciate the math. $3k for a club isn't nothing, but you're looking at one player getting recruited.
And then you are back in the red when you add the cost of those amazing college showcases that cost $1,500 per team to get a chance to be viewed by some D3 college coach.

I actually think that if you have a college-level player playing on the flight 2 team you are at the wrong club
Or you are thinking about the wrong college.

You can have a lot of fun playing sports at a small school. Claremont fills their roster somehow, and I don’t think they get them all from the Blues top team.

I actually think that if you have a college-level player playing on the flight 2 team you are at the wrong club

Or the coach is being selfish...making it difficult for the player to leave, perhaps making them feel guilty for leaving if they were with them for a while

They better spend less time with the brand and more time with the brackets. They put teams from the same club in the same bracket. For example our team will end up playing 8 of 10 games against teams from our club and teams from slammers club.

I looked at it and what you are saying is across the board. Maybe in their mind this is a 'soccer cohort'? Not saying I agree or that it would be helpful.....

Back