SCDSL now to be called SoCal

If the SoCal League (will the acronym be SCL? Everything in soccer needs an acronym!!!) can throw any weight around, they should pull the GA and DPL teams into their league.
GA and DPL might make a little bit of sense in smaller markets where you HAVE to travel to find a competitive game. Put the SoCal GA and DPL teams back into this SCL gaming circuit and you have a league that can claim to be the best (non "national" league) in the country.

If this is still accurate: http://scdslsoccer.com/overview/technical-committee
The SCL Technical committee is made up of Real So Cal, West Coast, Legends, Blues, Pats, Ca Athletic Soccer Club.
You'd think these clubs would want to promote this league- Especially if they aren't in ECNL.

I'm sure those Vegas kids will be helped a ton by this.
I don’t see how this league helps Las Vegas teams if they have to play in socal every other weekend. I wouldn’t sign up my u little if I was living in las Vegas. State cup is a different story because they can make a weekend trip out of that.

There are a bunch of good clubs in CSL. MGFM, Eagles, Celtic, Man U, there are dozens of clubs that all have good teams. CSL won't be dying out anytime soon. The bigger risk is to the immediate health of some of the smaller local clubs. That's great that SCDSL is doing this whole power play thing but new logo colors don't exactly help the kids.
Lower prices, better facilities, new coaching education program, bigger college showcase events, seeded state cup games instead of random draw, access to ID2 player development program, more teams sent to national regional Events following state cup, ect, ect Sounds better for the kids to me

Lower prices, better facilities, new coaching education program, bigger college showcase events, seeded state cup games instead of random draw, access to ID2 player development program, more teams sent to national regional Events following state cup, ect, ect Sounds better for the kids to me

None of those are better for 99% of SCDSL's customers and everyone knows it. Lower prices, come on, you would find the difference between the cushions of your couch. Look, I get it, they want to rebrand to push the new partnership, fine, great. Just don't pretend that the kid working his ass off in flight 2 has a ton of benefits from this.

None of those are better for 99% of SCDSL's customers and everyone knows it. Lower prices, come on, you would find the difference between the cushions of your couch. Look, I get it, they want to rebrand to push the new partnership, fine, great. Just don't pretend that the kid working his ass off in flight 2 has a ton of benefits from this.
As a parent of a flight 2 team, the one benefit that I do like is more local teams in my region joining SCDSL so I dont need to worry about traveling 80 miles for a regular season game. When my daughter was 7, I remember driving 90 minutes for a flight 3 game while we were passing through several CSL fields wondering why we couldnt play those teams. Glad to see that Rangers is now part of SCDSL

A

And now we have "Discovery North" and "Discovery South" divisions for the 06 and 05 girls groups.
And "North 1" and "North 2" for the 02/03 girls group.

Maybe this is just a "Spring thing".

Doubtfully it's based on where the teams are from

South plays @ Oside
North plays @ Silverlakes

Some south teams are in OC or SD, they may or may not prefer Oceanside to Silverlakes either way thats travel play for you, in the fall those north/south venue distinctions are likely to continue.

Doubtfully it's based on where the teams are from

South plays @ Oside
North plays @ Silverlakes

Some south teams are in OC or SD, they may or may not prefer Oceanside to Silverlakes either way thats travel play for you, in the fall those north/south venue distinctions are likely to continue.
Makes sense. But seems like a larger than needed group for the "exclusive" discovery division.

Makes sense. But seems like a larger than needed group for the "exclusive" discovery division.

That's going to turn into the Socal NPL division next season so they need those numbers of teams.

Post season north & south or north 1& 2 winners possibly moving on to the NPL national playoffs series like the other npl leagues do. The rest of the league in the socal state cup.

That's going to turn into the Socal NPL division next season so they need those numbers of teams.

Post season north & south or north 1& 2 winners possibly moving on to the NPL national playoffs series like the other npl leagues do. The rest of the league in the socal state cup.
So now there’s going to be 4 NPLs in SoCal?

So now there’s going to be 4 NPLs in SoCal?

That's a possibility.

So far this new Socal npl is the only one that has confirmed they will be playing in fall '21.

SCNPL is a spring NPL for LA and they canceled this year's league this week but said they will go again spring 22'

The new SWNPL down south/ SD never got off the ground and the old NPLwest now with socalpremier.org hasn't started up or announce their plans. Both those now have members clubs in this SoCal league so will the fold those up or continue on with these others league in the spring or something?

Back