Rumors about ECNL girls admitting one or more top GA clubs for 24-25 season.

I won’t even pay attention to any Instagram updates that I see from the GA or ECNL, I’ll just wait for you to tell us a week early. 🤣
I also am amazed at the accuracy of the predictions. Bummer because my daughter is on a GA team and it sucks to see competitors leaving. For her age Nationals were probably the best, then Lonestar, then Rush.

Who’s next? Hearing anything lately?
The twitter guy hinted that more GA clubs will join ECNL after GA does Champions Cup at IMG next week. But he's being very vague which means he's likely just stirring the pot.

Florida parents are saying TopHat girls to ECNL and NASA boys get a second boys team. But it's probably just wishful thinking because they're tired of losing to TH all the time.

The twitter guy hinted that more GA clubs will join ECNL after GA does Champions Cup at IMG next week. But he's being very vague which means he's likely just stirring the pot.

Florida parents are saying TopHat girls to ECNL and NASA boys get a second boys team. But it's probably just wishful thinking because they're tired of losing to TH all the time.
Can you post the twitter link?

Just my opinion, but it seems like ECNL has really shifted from having an elite league to controlling market share. If they wanted the entire GA league’s 80+ clubs under their umbrella, I doubt they could strike a deal by which all the GA clubs agreed to go to ECNL regional league first. So how do you get all the clubs in another way? Pick off the GA’s top 10 clubs by direct entry into ECNL and weaken the league to the point where the rest of the clubs don’t have the leverage or name recognition (Top Hat, Nationals, NEFC, FCV, etc.) to hold the league together. Once the clubs are all under the ECNL’s affiliation, reshuffle clubs into upper, middle and lower brackets, either as separate league (ECNL, ECNL-R and a third, lower tier). They wouldn’t call it promotion-relegation, but they would shuffle as needed to keep the competition standards high.

No clue, but it would be nice for everyone to have more local clubs to play against.

It's silly that Socal players are driving to Vegas, AZ, or the Central Valley just for higher level competition when the same level of competition is available locally.
It would be great to have an ECNL club in Carlsbad and one in East County San Diego. Sharks should think about moving/merging with one of those areas if Carlsbad or East County does not get ECNL in the near future.

It would be great to have an ECNL club in Carlsbad and one in East County San Diego. Sharks should think about moving/merging with one of those areas if Carlsbad or East County does not get ECNL in the near future.
Great Idea. That area is ripe with talent.

Surf tried to merge with Sharks 5 years ago.

Sharks leadership put joining Surf to a vote with the parents and Sharks parents turned it down.

Of course they would if invited. But remember all GA has to do is invite Carlsbad parks and recreation elite in and it’s 1 for 1 on scoreboard

Sorry Carlsbad 😬 I enjoy your posts just the scoreboard is ridiculous
Hmmm..

You're proposing that a league undercuts one of its member clubs and replaces them with the local parks and rec teams.

First I'd love to watch a parks and rec group handle travel sports. Second it kind of sounds like you're equating parks and rec teams to a competitive soccer club which is just ridiculous. Third you could say the same thing for every club in Socal because most don't own their fields.

Is East County San Diego the La Mesa/ Spring Valley area or more like the Rancho Bernardo area?

Hmmm..

You're proposing that a league undercuts one of its member clubs and replaces them with the local parks and rec teams.

First I'd love to watch a parks and rec group handle travel sports. Second it kind of sounds like you're equating parks and rec teams to a competitive soccer club which is just ridiculous. Third you could say the same thing for every club in Socal because most don't own their fields.
You only need 11 players with ganas to pull off the upset Carlsbad. My buddy coached parks and rec softball U12 team back in the day. You know what they did. They entered an open tournament and beat a few travel teams and beat a good one in the Quater Finals. He called me so stoked about his team's accomplishment. He was a hell of coach, RIP Pierre. They did lose to a very good travel team in the Semi's, but it was close. Then these travel club teams coaches tried to steal his players. Half of them got phone calls the next Monday about being on a travel team and get a college deal in 8th grade. He lost two of his players and then his oldest dd played travel two years later and got a deal to play at Azuza Pacific.

You only need 11 players with ganas to pull off the upset Carlsbad. My buddy coached parks and rec softball U12 team back in the day. You know what they did. They entered an open tournament and beat a few travel teams and beat a good one in the Quater Finals. He called me so stoked about his team's accomplishment. He was a hell of coach, RIP Pierre. They did lose to a very good travel team in the Semi's, but it was close. Then these travel club teams coaches tried to steal his players. Half of them got phone calls the next Monday about being on a travel team and get a college deal in 8th grade. He lost two of his players and then his oldest dd played travel two years later and got a deal to play at Azuza Pacific.
I love underdogs as well but it's just not going to happen against club teams consistently.

There's a reason everyone practices 3-4x a week on top of Futsal, Strength training, etc.

I love underdogs as well but it's just not going to happen against club teams consistently.

There's a reason everyone practices 3-4x a week on top of Futsal, Strength training, etc.
I think many coaches lie to average players and tell the parents they can make them elite if they play soccer 24/7 and pay cash all year around. MAPs told all of us there are only 40 top players in SoCal in each age group that are top, top players who will be Pro or the best college players and make YNTs. I agree with him. The rest of the players should be in Parks and Rec and then go play high school. The late bloomer will always be found. The top water polo players, Volleyball players, tennis players, baseball players, basketball players all play for their local high school. Somehow soccer is the only sport that is against the top players going to represent their local school. It's crazy and sad to do this to the boys and girls in soccer. My dd went through it and now my wife's little nephew. He told MLS Next adios and is having the time of his life playing varsity soccer. He made friends and is now popular at school. I still remember playing my senior year at Troy HS for hoops in 85'. I was a new student because we had to move from Laguna Beach because my adopted father was sick with Parkinsons. Anyway, some of the bullies on the football team made fun of me and called me a fag for putting my books in my rainbow beach bag. The girls loved my bag, and they liked me because I was a cute surfer and not a poser like the other fake surfers at the school. It was a tough first semester minus the girls. When league started, we played our cross-town rivals, the Fullerton Indians, and I hit the game winner with a few seconds left on the clock bro. The fellas welcomed me at the Friday Night party, and all was forgiven. It changed my life and probably saved my life. Those football dudes were full of jealousy because the girls really liked me and my bag.

Fast forward to 106:00 for the reality of NCAA situation. ECNL will need to pivot or fail. GA is setup for long haul with or without NCAA soccer

Back