Rumors about ECNL girls admitting one or more top GA clubs for 24-25 season.

Oops I accidently deleted a post. Here it is again

This started on Twitter from a soccer trainer in Buffalo NY. A college soccer twitter person says coaches have DMd him saying it's true. I haven't seen any other confirmations.

Here's the clubs rumored to be leaving GA...

Philadelphia Ukrainian nationals
nefc
tophat
nationals
tsj vfc

NEFC has MLS Next if they switched to ECNL they'd likely lose it.

To give some perspective of GA top clubs

2023 GA National Champions
Tophat Gold (U13)
South Shore Select (U14)
Tophat Gold (U15)
Lou Fusz Athletic (U16)
TSJ FC Virginia (U17)
Sockers FC Chicago (U19)

2022 GA National Champions
Colorado Rush (U13)
Nationals (U14)
TSJ FC Virginia (U15)
ALBION SC San Diego (U16)
Oakwood SC (U17)
FC Bay Area Surf (U19)

Oops I accidently deleted a post. Here it is again

This started on Twitter from a soccer trainer in Buffalo NY. A college soccer twitter person says coaches have DMd him saying it's true. I haven't seen any other confirmations.

Here's the clubs rumored to be leaving GA...

Philadelphia Ukrainian nationals
nefc
tophat
nationals
tsj vfc

NEFC has MLS Next if they switched to ECNL they'd likely lose it.
On the boys side, are there clubs with both MLS Next and ECNL boys, or is that not allowed?

On the boys side, are there clubs with both MLS Next and ECNL boys, or is that not allowed?
MLS Next doesn't care if a clubs have Next and ECNL for boys.

ECNL doesn't allow clubs to put their 2nd teams in boys ECNL (1st teams in MLS Next) and will take girls ECNL away if they do.

Girls Academy highlighted TSJ FC on Instagram today. (Generally not something you'd do if they were leaving the league)

Girls Academy highlighted TSJ FC on Instagram today. (Generally not something you'd do if they were leaving the league)

East coaster perspective, I can confirm TSJ FC Virginia (FCV) is not leaving GA for ECNL, they are a mess from organizational standpoint with some recent shake-ups at the soccer mangement level. The for profit company that owns FCV, The St. James (TSJ) may choose to not continue with GA but not to leave for ECNL, they may just choose to sell FCV, and then its anyones guess what is next. Rumors abound for sure. Ukies is switching to ECNL that is spot on. The other two potential teams, I don't know. My money would be on NEFC and Nationals. TopHat should make the shift but not sure they have much to gain, stay Queens of GA makes sense to me.

The GA finals are at a location TBD this year. Wonder if that plays into all this?
Lou Fusz of Lou Fusz Athletic is a local car dealer with several locations in St Louis. Last year GA held their finals at the Lou Fusz Athletic facilities.

No longer listing Lou Fusz Athletic as the location for GA finals might mean something. It might also mean GA is working with a different club to host finals.

East coaster perspective, I can confirm TSJ FC Virginia (FCV) is not leaving GA for ECNL, they are a mess from organizational standpoint with some recent shake-ups at the soccer mangement level. The for profit company that owns FCV, The St. James (TSJ) may choose to not continue with GA but not to leave for ECNL, they may just choose to sell FCV, and then its anyones guess what is next. Rumors abound for sure. Ukies is switching to ECNL that is spot on. The other two potential teams, I don't know. My money would be on NEFC and Nationals. TopHat should make the shift but not sure they have much to gain, stay Queens of GA makes sense to me.
I’m surprised that FCV hasn’t partnered, or merged with one of the many ECNL clubs in the area.

Rumer has now updated to...

Lou Fusz Athletic
Philly Ukrainian Nationals
Cincinnati United
South Shore Select
I'm in the Northeast. If one of the clubs in this area were getting in I'd bet on NEFC.

Nationals, Lou Fusz Athletic, Philly Ukrainian Nationals, Cincinnati United & Top Hat are some of the most competitive clubs in GA.

In an ideal world ECNL and GA would work together and combine forces. Well known that GA has quality clubs that are at the same level as top ECNL clubs (e.g. Nationals, Top Hat). Let ECNL be top dog, move the top GA teams to ECNL and then combine ECRL and GA so that you have one unified national league structure. Allow for a little promotion (or relegation) if teams perform (or do not) over the course of a few years.

I'm in the Northeast. If one of the clubs in this area were getting in I'd bet on NEFC.

Nationals, Lou Fusz Athletic, Philly Ukrainian Nationals, Cincinnati United & Top Hat are some of the most competitive clubs in GA.
My money is on Ukies (Ukrainian Nationals).

Their parents make it seem like GA isn't good enough but they never win it all. Also they have several parent coached teams which probably adds to the craziness.

In an ideal world ECNL and GA would work together and combine forces. Well known that GA has quality clubs that are at the same level as top ECNL clubs (e.g. Nationals, Top Hat). Let ECNL be top dog, move the top GA teams to ECNL and then combine ECRL and GA so that you have one unified national league structure. Allow for a little promotion (or relegation) if teams perform (or do not) over the course of a few years.
ECNL had an opportunity to do this after DA blew up and chose not to let everyone in.

This is why GA exists.

Current list and reasons against...

Philadelphia Ukrainian nationals / Maybe, but I'm not sure if this is the kind of club ECNL wants. Lots of daddyball coaches.
NEFC / Not likely because of MLS Next for their boys.
tophat / Not likely because they have 2x GA teams. ECNL is probably not going to offer them 2x ECNL teams
nationals / Not likely because the have 2x GA teams. ECNL is probably not going to offer them 2x ECNL teams
tsj vfc / Internal issues and might have lost their fields.
Colorado Rush / Not likely because of MLS Next for their boys.
Lonestar / Maybe, but a known DEI/Trans friendly club that likes the association of "Girls" Academy. (Not sure how/if this works in ECNL)

Back