Rumors about ECNL girls admitting one or more top GA clubs for 24-25 season.

Lou Fusz of Lou Fusz Athletic is a local car dealer with several locations in St Louis. Last year GA held their finals at the Lou Fusz Athletic facilities.

No longer listing Lou Fusz Athletic as the location for GA finals might mean something. It might also mean GA is working with a different club to host finals.
Does Lou have daughter playing soccer?

We are proud to announce that Girls Academy has been approved as a full member of U.S. Soccer. We cannot wait to partner with the very best in the soccer ecosystem to accelerate the development of the game and continue our growth as an elite girls youth soccer platform⚽

What does this mean and is somehow related to this expansion issue?

We are proud to announce that Girls Academy has been approved as a full member of U.S. Soccer. We cannot wait to partner with the very best in the soccer ecosystem to accelerate the development of the game and continue our growth as an elite girls youth soccer platform⚽

What does this mean and is somehow related to this expansion issue?
Is means GA no longer has to use USSSA for sanctioning.

It also means that if NWSL wants to do NWSL Next they'll partner with GA.

ECNL is not a member of US Soccer.

My prediction is that there will be no NWSL academy league in the next 5 - 10 years. NWSL teams are too strapped for cash and cannot fund a true/free academy. What I do see happening in the next 5 years is that NWSL teams will start holding their own ID sessions (or just invite individuals) to snare the top youth talent prior to college.

My prediction is that there will be no NWSL academy league in the next 5 - 10 years. NWSL teams are too strapped for cash and cannot fund a true/free academy. What I do see happening in the next 5 years is that NWSL teams will start holding their own ID sessions (or just invite individuals) to snare the top youth talent prior to college.
Sounds reasonable but if correct it would mean that only GA players would be invited to the ID Sessions.

This is great. The fact that there are unequal paths for boys vs girls is a disgrace, and hopefully someone is working on fixing that!!

They already do

Sounds reasonable but if correct it would mean that only GA players would be invited to the ID Sessions.
What does that follow? I guarantee you that on the boys side ECNL players get invited to MLS Academies to try out. The NWSL team will want the talent irrespective the the league they play in.
The NWSL just signed a $240M TV deal. They are less strapped than previously although fully funded academies are out I'd agree. They are already picking up top talent.

What does that follow? I guarantee you that on the boys side ECNL players get invited to MLS Academies to try out. The NWSL team will want the talent irrespective the the league they play in.

The NWSL just signed a $240M TV deal. They are less strapped than previously although fully funded academies are out I'd agree. They are already picking up top talent.
Both NWSL and GA are US Soccer now it would just be easier for NWSL to do ID Sessions and pull players up from GA teams.

MLS and MLS Next are also both US Soccer. Again it's probably just easier to do ID Sessions with MLSN clubs.

Both MLS and NWSL now likely figure players will play for MLSN or GA clubs if they want to be noticed.

Both NWSL and GA are US Soccer now it would just be easier for NWSL to do ID Sessions and pull players up from GA teams.

MLS and MLS Next are also both US Soccer. Again it's probably just easier to do ID Sessions with MLSN clubs.

Both MLS and NWSL now likely figure players will play for MLSN or GA clubs if they want to be noticed.
Pure GA cope- if many more GA teams leave for ECNL, we'll look back at this
"big announcement" as a hail mary and p.r. stunt for a league that's on its death bed

Pure GA cope- if many more GA teams leave for ECNL, we'll look back at this
"big announcement" as a hail mary and p.r. stunt for a league that's on its death bed
Maybe but for now nothing has been announced regarding GA teams leaving.

US Soccer promoted GA on Friday.

ECNL is on fire🔥 I remember when the GDA was adding new teams every quarter in 2016 and 2017. My guess is NWSL and USL will be adding teams to their new academy league in the near future. What a mess.....

That's how I see it as well.
Eventually ECNL is going to piss off MLS and MLS Next by not allowing MLSN clubs to play their girls teams in ECNL. Also Eventually NWSL is going to need to create a copy of MLSN.

When these happen MLS and NWSL will work together like ECNL does with boys and girls at member clubs forcing MLSN clubs to play their girls teams on NWSLN.

This is when the real fireworks will begin.

Back