• LA without day camp guidance

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • OTH under day camp guidance

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • OTH without day camp guidance

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • ALL No dates have be given

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Tournament or full game play in July or August.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you really want soccer people making public health decisions? That would be like letting the epidemiologists coach soccer. Maybe Fauci could coach Barca?

I agree it is not the same game, but I bet the kids in MA are having fun with it. Hooray for that.
I wasn't suggesting that at all but let's face it; based on the decisions our 'leaders' and 'experts' have made so far, my guess is that Pep Guardiola wouldn't do any worse ;)

My point was that we seem to be losing the plot completely. As in it feels like we're actually in a mental asylum. I'm not going down any political or conspiracy road but people need to wake the fuck up. No more to say on it, I'll stick to soccer!

I wasn't suggesting that at all but let's face it; based on the decisions our 'leaders' and 'experts' have made so far, my guess is that Pep Guardiola wouldn't do any worse ;)

My point was that we seem to be losing the plot completely. As in it feels like we're actually in a mental asylum. I'm not going down any political or conspiracy road but people need to wake the fuck up. No more to say on it, I'll stick to soccer!

Opposing temporary rule changes in youth soccer
made due to Covid because it negatively impacts the “beautiful game” is the very definition of losing the plot.

Kids in CA aren’t playing soccer, aren’t going to school, aren’t doing much of anything really because too many people share your way of thinking.

made due to Covid because it negatively impacts the “beautiful game” is the very definition of losing the plot.

Kids in CA aren’t playing soccer, aren’t going to school, aren’t doing much of anything really because too many people share your way of thinking.
Wrong again EOTL. Kids are being treated like a________________________________________________all because of__________________________-and______________________________and____________________________________________That's how I see it but I could be wrong. My kid is actually doing all the things you said kids aren;t doing.

I feel that refs over the years have allowed too much contact. It favors the big strong player over the smaller technical player.
Should all contact be eliminated? Of course not.
But this might good for a while.
High School Soccer Refs let the girls attack each other and that needs to stop this next season. I hope to God the refs learn to put that kind of hockey-soccer-rugby games gone and out of here once and for all. It was way too physical and just too dangerous. Soccer should be a passing game with tough battles in the box and other times. I believe when we all get back together for soccer, it will be more about possession and the give and go :)

Oh dear, another one. Bless you.

This song is really cool. Only 4900 views for Ashley. My friend helped with video. Maybe some day after Nov 3rd, we can all join hands? I'm sure one side might be upset and not feel like holding hands and that is 100% understandable. It will take time for the losers to accept the loss, because losers always have a hard time with losing.

High School Soccer Refs let the girls attack each other and that needs to stop this next season. I hope to God the refs learn to put that kind of hockey-soccer-rugby games gone and out of here once and for all. It was way too physical and just too dangerous. Soccer should be a passing game with tough battles in the box and other times. I believe when we all get back together for soccer, it will be more about possession and the give and go :)
Not many teams can play the possession game consistently. It takes a lot of talent via skill, IQ, athleticism, and time playing together. Saw only a few teams all of last year who can do that but one that stood out was Tads blues team which happened to be the best team in the country. So after a long break, in my opinion it will be even harder to play that style. I think we will see more direct than ever unfortunately .

Not many teams can play the possession game consistently. It takes a lot of talent via skill, IQ, athleticism, and time playing together. Saw only a few teams all of last year who can do that but one that stood out was Tads blues team which happened to be the best team in the country. So after a long break, in my opinion it will be even harder to play that style. I think we will see more direct than ever unfortunately .
Yes, that team was for sure #1 in da country. That stupid age change really hurt my dd big time....lol!!! I have accepted it but it still a pit in my tummy. I do agree that not all girls understand possession. I'm ok with a little kickball as long as it's not kick the ball and then run through the player so she tears her acl. Call the game tight and blow that whistle quickly and warn the hackers their time on the field will be short if they continue that style. Yellow card and then red and team is down a player.

Actually kids are going to school, playing soccer, etc because guys like you cant read and understand data that shows under 24 yr olds have about ZERO risk.

You guys are the ones that refuse to look at the data.

If individually you prefer not to participate in school, soccer...that is up to you.

So lets play soccer.

Actually kids are going to school, playing soccer, etc because guys like you cant read and understand data that shows under 24 yr olds have about ZERO risk.

If individually you prefer not to participate in school, soccer...that is up to you.

So lets play soccer.
I can read and understand data that says active children are at extremely low risk of death from covid.

Can you read and understand that child risk of death is not the primary reason for school closures?

It’s been explained to you no less than twenty times. The question is, and always has been, youth transmission, not youth fatalities.

We went back to practice Saturday as a team. 14 girls out of 18. 2 of the 4 that missed have family members that are high risk so they aren't showing up right now. The other 2 were out of town.

Every girl walked to a cone with their bag wearing a mask. 7-8 feet apart. In shade. It was hot. Sat and waited until they were temp checked using infrared on forehead. All used hand sanitizer at this time. Then went out to the field in designated areas. Coach wore his mask the whole time. Ran a number of dribbling drills, passing drills, did some running, but no rondo at this time since that would require playing defense. Did some shooting from distance as well.

Took a few breaks as they would jog back to their bag. At the end they all sat by their bags and had team discussions. Only real mistake they made was walking off the field when everything was done not wearing their masks. They were reminded to put their masks back on. None of girls used their hands to pick up soccer balls except the keeper. 14 and 15 year old girls did a good job overall.

Can you read and understand that child risk of death is not the primary reason for school closures?
Actually it is phrased as such by most who advocate school closures. They always talk about keeping kids safe.

They can go to school, and teachers can wear masks. They will be fine.

We have months and months of people working around hundreds of people every day without outbreaks at gas stations, grocery stores, target, walmart, costco, etc.

If being around a lot of people on a daily basis is risky, we would see these employees getting hit hard. And yet we don't see that. Do we? These places are packed and people come in and out all day long.

We do not see outbreaks at these places.

It’s been explained to you no less than twenty times. The question is, and always has been, youth transmission, not youth fatalities.
Yes you have explained many times how the AZ, TX, FL, GA are at any minute going to explode into catastrophe.

And yet that doesn't happen. And the state whose policies you like, has rising transmission rates, etc.

CA is moving up the Rt list and AZ has dropped like a rock to the best in the US.

Time to play soccer. Get your kids back to practice and to school.

They will be fine, and you will be fine.

Enjoy life, start the leagues back up.

Well, I'll be dam. My dd wakes up this morning and says, "dad, can you give me a ride and so and so and her friends to go play soccer at_________________________. I said, really? "Me and the girls want to play soccer before we go to da beach." So 6 girls playing together for the fun of it. All from different club teams and levels of soccer just because they want to and their bored to death with 6 x 6 soccer. This was as organic as an organic apple and I'm just beside myself. I swear I did not persuade her to get out of the house or bribe her to get some soccer in just because. My dd 100% loves the game and so do her friends and they all told me they want to play actual game someday.

Last edited:
That’s what happens when some girls know how to play and the fat, slow and unskilled ones don’t.

So lets play soccer.

People say "going to school, playing soccer, etc." as if those activities are even remotely of similar risk for virus transmission. They aren't. At all.

One involves close, continuous contact in a poorly ventilated area, which experts say is usually needed for transmission. Going to school is absolutely a virus incubator that will lead to transmission.

The other involves none of those things. Training or playing soccer has (so far) proven to have an extremely low risk of transmission. Data suggests the only risks with soccer is the higher risk non-soccer stuff that often accompanies the game (traveling together, meeting together, eating together, lifting weights together, etc.).

We need to all stop equating things that are remarkably different. Some things that may seem similar, really are not. Volleyball (close, continuous indoor contact) may be of high enough risk that it needs to be shut down, but whataboutism should stop with the conclusion that thusly every sport or activity needs shut down.

"Can you read and understand that child risk of death is not the primary reason for school closures?"

The primary reason is two fold: Teachers Unions and COVID lawsuits.

That’s what happens when some girls know how to play and the fat, slow and unskilled ones don’t.
I would use different words. More like, when some girls get beat on the give and go, the big, fast and unskilled ones is where all the danger comes from and injuries. Girls can get nasty to each other on the soccer fields. I played pick up ball at Main Beach and their was a guy named Dom ((not the Dom here)) that was a muscle man at 6'2 and hacked everyone. Zero skills. Rambis without the set shot. He was a complete joke and ruined basketball on weekends. He finally got kicked out of the city. Big hacker who should have been playing football.

I would use different words. More like, when some girls get beat on the give and go, the big, fast and unskilled ones is where all the danger comes from and injuries. Girls can get nasty to each other on the soccer fields. I played pick up ball at Main Beach and their was a guy named Dom ((not the Dom here)) that was a muscle man at 6'2 and hacked everyone. Zero skills. Rambis without the set shot. He was a complete joke and ruined basketball on weekends. He finally got kicked out of the city. Big hacker who should have been playing football.
Our family eventually made a rule against playing up because of players like that. Teams put a wrecking ball at CM to control the field. Can't run, can't dribble, but can push. Causes injuries and ruins the game for everyone.

Back