• LA without day camp guidance

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • OTH under day camp guidance

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • OTH without day camp guidance

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • ALL No dates have be given

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Tournament or full game play in July or August.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The first is who we are supposed to be.
The second, with our current national leadership and its supporters, is who we are.

"Eliminate Deliberate Contact: Deliberate close contact must be eliminated. Deliberate close contact includes but is not limited to collisions, tackling, body checking, blocking"

Uh-- okay.

"Heading - All intentional heading of a soccer ball is suspended for all ages."

Fine, I guess.

"Shoulder to Shoulder contact is suspended and or any other intentional physical contact is to be considered a violation of Law 12"

Uh-- okay.

"Throw-Ins as defined by IFAB Law 15 are suspended and to be replaced by a Kick-in."

Free kicks for everyone! Stick all your 9 year olds right outside the box. Scores are going to be 15-10.

"Opponents must remain at 10 yds (8 yards for small sided) from the ball prior to the kick.. The use of a traditional defensive Wall is currently suspended."

Sorry, I mean the scores will be 25-20.

Imagine Cal South doing this. Yeah, let's play Surf Cup with no shoulder to shoulder contact, sounds great.

Would you want your kid to play under Massachusetts COVID-19 modified rules: no heading, no throw-ins, no corner kicks into penalty area, no shoulder to shoulder challenges, no slide tackling players, no wall....? Referees in masks and electronic whistle.
Their updated rules are on page 4 of the attachment.
Those rules are silly. That really takes away from the game of soccer.

I feel that refs over the years have allowed too much contact. It favors the big strong player over the smaller technical player.
Should all contact be eliminated? Of course not.
But this might good for a while.
My personal opinion is that the "beautiful game" is referring to the technical side. I'd be happy if it was less physical and more yellows given for fouls that take away from the flow of the game. It will help the big, technical players as well. I believe hockey basically did this a few decades ago and the game became more fun to watch - definitely more skill involved. Wanna watch something really physical? We have MMA for men and women.

"Eliminate Deliberate Contact: Deliberate close contact must be eliminated. Deliberate close contact includes but is not limited to collisions, tackling, body checking, blocking"

Uh-- okay.

Fine, I guess.

"Shoulder to Shoulder contact is suspended and or any other intentional physical contact is to be considered a violation of Law 12"

Uh-- okay.

"Throw-Ins as defined by IFAB Law 15 are suspended and to be replaced by a Kick-in."

Free kicks for everyone! Stick all your 9 year olds right outside the box. Scores are going to be 15-10.

"Opponents must remain at 10 yds (8 yards for small sided) from the ball prior to the kick.. The use of a traditional defensive Wall is currently suspended."

Imagine Cal South doing this. Yeah, let's play Surf Cup with no shoulder to shoulder contact, sounds great.

It’s a big injury risk to ask kids to play a completely different game than what hey are used to. I can imagine a defender instinctively going after a forward and when they are about to make contact think to herself, oh shoot I’m not supposed to go shoulder to shoulder, then try to pull up, and pull a hamy in the process.

My personal opinion is that the "beautiful game" is referring to the technical side. I'd be happy if it was less physical and more yellows given for fouls that take away from the flow of the game. It will help the big, technical players as well. I believe hockey basically did this a few decades ago and the game became more fun to watch - definitely more skill involved. Wanna watch something really physical? We have MMA for men and women.

So right about hockey, way more speed in the game than ever before.

It’s a big injury risk to ask kids to play a completely different game than what hey are used to. I can imagine a defender instinctively going after a forward and when they are about to make contact think to herself, oh shoot I’m not supposed to go shoulder to shoulder, then try to pull up, and pull a hamy in the process.
I played in Alumni game 13 years ago to raise some funds for the program at my old hs. I was killing it and hitting all my three's and was jogging back on defense and then......snap!!!! Calf muscle tear. It was insane and I was done for the day. Lost in first round of single elimination after group play. I had not played a real game for 5 years and thought I could be weekend warrior dad. We were a team of 85ers thru 89ers. The next year the whole squad came back and we made a run but lost lost in QF to the 94-98 class.

Last edited:
I'd love to see it in women's soccer. However, I want to see it as an intentional effort to make the game faster and reward skill, not as a misguided effort to mitigate COVID risk.
Actually calling the rules wouldn’t hurt men’s soccer either. There are a few six foot, 240 pound people hired for foot skills. Most of them are there for their ability to shove lighter players out of the way.

Oh my days. Once you start altering the fundamental rules of any game, it’s no longer that game. You may as well call it something else. Wimp-ball seems appropriate.

It’s clear that non-soccer people are making these decisions. Every day now I hear something new related to Covid and sport (mostly soccer) which makes me laugh then shake my head in pure disbelief.

Again, this is why I don’t see a return of games (certainly not ‘normal’ ones) anytime soon here in CA; it genuinely feels like we’re in some kind of twilight zone.

Oh my days. Once you start altering the fundamental rules of any game, it’s no longer that game. You may as well call it something else. Wimp-ball seems appropriate.

It’s clear that non-soccer people are making these decisions. Every day now I hear something new related to Covid and sport (mostly soccer) which makes me laugh then shake my head in pure disbelief.

Again, this is why I don’t see a return of games (certainly not ‘normal’ ones) anytime soon here in CA; it genuinely feels like we’re in some kind of twilight zone.
Do you really want soccer people making public health decisions? That would be like letting the epidemiologists coach soccer. Maybe Fauci could coach Barca?

I agree it is not the same game, but I bet the kids in MA are having fun with it. Hooray for that.

Uh-- okay.

Fine, I guess.

Uh-- okay.

I didn’t see anywhere where the goalkeeper is addressed. One of three possibilities: 1) the goalkeeper is supposed to stand on his line and is not permitted to come out on the cross or 1v1 (in which case why have any...just shoot into the empty net...note too they replaced corner kicks with kick ins) 2) if challenged by the gk in the pa an offensive player must give up the ball (I like this optionof course) or 3) because the gk wears gloves the gk is somehow not a contact concern and therefore was not mentioned in the modifications (because science!).

Back