• LA without day camp guidance

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • OTH under day camp guidance

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • OTH without day camp guidance

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • ALL No dates have be given

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Tournament or full game play in July or August.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because he’s a victim and a product of a racist American system. This is what happens when the system bombards kids with the lie of white male greatness and promotes white beauty standards. So nowadays you have sick ass people of African descent bleaching their skin such as Michael Jackson and Sammy Sosa. You also have folks with Afro-type hair chemically treating their hair to adhere to white beauty standards like Al Sharpton. In the black community their is a caste system. Many times a black persons success directly correlates with how light ones skin is and the texture of ones hair.
FYI....Sammy Sosa is from the Dominican Republic. He didn't come to the US until he was drafted.

FYI....Sammy Sosa is from the Dominican Republic. He didn't come to the US until he was drafted.
Sammy Sosa is a descendant of slaves, colonialism, and white supremacy. How do you think Africans got to the Dominican Republic?

I’m confused about what you a trying to say. Could you please elaborate?

Sammy Sosa is a descendant of slaves, colonialism, and white supremacy. How do you think Africans got to the Dominican Republic?

He wouldn't have been influenced by the systemic racism of the US which caused him to want to conform to the "white" idea of beauty. Per your account, that's the reason for his behavior. If he grew up in DR, the majority of citizens are black so the standard of beauty would be determined by that population. FYI...Michael Jackson had vitiligo which caused light colored spots on his skin. That is why he bleached his skin. In addition, he obviously had a lot of other issues unrelated to being black which tainted his behavior.

Read up on Dominican Republic history. It is different from the rest of the Carribean. You'd find it interesting. Their path was mixed with Haiti's.

It means the late colonial period wasn't colonial at all. Nor was it about slavery. The whole island won independence.

The problems had more to do with debt, lack of civil institutions, and overmilitarization.

He wouldn't have been influenced by the systemic racism of the US which caused him to want to conform to the "white" idea of beauty. Per your account, that's the reason for his behavior. If he grew up in DR, the majority of citizens are black so the standard of beauty would be determined by that population. FYI...Michael Jackson had vitiligo which caused light colored spots on his skin. That is why he bleached his skin. In addition, he obviously had a lot of other issues unrelated to being black which tainted his behavior.
Okay, you obviously don’t know much about slavery and the plight of blacks.

Read up on Dominican Republic history. It is different from the rest of the Carribean. You'd find it interesting. Their path was mixed with Haiti's.

It means the late colonial period wasn't colonial at all. Nor was it about slavery. The whole island won independence.

The problems had more to do with debt, lack of civil institutions, and overmilitarization.
Okay, if you say so. So more white His-story and ethnocentrism to save the day. How did Africans get to the DR?

Haitians revolted against the French not the Spanish and are paying for it to this day. All of the Caribbean, including the Bahamas where my family is from is ran by white folks.
What’s your opinion as to why there is a caste system in the DR? Why do folks from the DR hate Haitians? Finally, why does the British government have records of having to free my Bahamian uncles (who were never slaves) because they were captured by the Spanish and taken to Cuba and the DR as slaves?

How could someone be on section 8, have an ebt card, receive welfare AND receive a hefty tax return? Doesn’t one have to have a hefty job to receive a hefty tax return? Are you Russian?
...you forgot; "all without the ability to obtain an ID to produce for voting."

BTW, I like Russian dressing and vodka...go ahead, let me have it.

Okay, you obviously don’t know much about slavery and the plight of blacks.
I actually do. However, I really don't want to get into a debate about it on a soccer forum. I simply wanted to point out the Sammy Sosa was not born in the US. You obviously have a personal narrative by which you are defining yourself so spending more time on this is pointless. Take care!

You should pay your employees more. Those making over 10K a year pay federal income tax. Couples that make over 20K a year pay federal income tax. They may receive a credit or other breaks, but they pay their taxes with those credits. Likewise, neither Trump or Amazon have paid taxes for years (or ever) based on credits and other breaks.
...just Amazon and Trump? care to name some Dems, or nah?

Yet another hijacked thread... some of you people really need a hobby... or go run for local office and see if anyone really wants to listen to any of you. They just may... ‍♂️

Citing surging cases, the Los Angeles and San Diego school districts will be remote-only in the fall.

This is going to have a potential big impact on families and field availability.

What kind of fall season is possible now? Facility availability seems like a bottleneck at this point not even going into the guidelines.

...yet here you are, is this a hobby?
Hardly. Was simply looking for some outside info or perhaps something different then what I know or have heard regarding the current soccer environment and experiences of returning to play. There are other threads for your discussions. Simply desiring potential information that pertains to the thread title. I’d imagine others would agree.

What kind of fall season is possible now? Facility availability seems like a bottleneck at this point not even going into the guidelines.

None. There aren't enough fields to practice on. There aren't enough fields to play on. Even in the smaller communities where maybe there are enough fields, the discrepancy between communities means any kind of scheduling is impossible. We're done for 2020.

Okay, if you say so. So more white His-story and ethnocentrism to save the day. How did Africans get to the DR?

Haitians revolted against the French not the Spanish and are paying for it to this day. All of the Caribbean, including the Bahamas where my family is from is ran by white folks.
What’s your opinion as to why there is a caste system in the DR? Why do folks from the DR hate Haitians? Finally, why does the British government have records of having to free my Bahamian uncles (who were never slaves) because they were captured by the Spanish and taken to Cuba and the DR as slaves?

You took a country that has been mostly black ruled for almost 200 years, and tried to make it a story about white men. And then accused me of ethnocentrism. Show some respect to the people of DR. It’s their story, not mine.

Your uncles probably were freed during the brief period of restored Spanish rule between 1861 and 1865. Spain tried to retake some colonies it had lost during the post-Napoleonic era. It didn’t work out too well for them.

Haiti invaded DR just after the Haitian war of liberation, which was an ugly four way fight between slaves, France, Spain, and England. Haiti‘s military occupied DR for decades, which may be part of where the animosity comes from.

You took a country that has been mostly black ruled for almost 200 years, and tried to make it a story about white men. And then accused me of ethnocentrism. Show some respect to the people of DR. It’s their story, not mine.

Your uncles probably were freed during the brief period of restored Spanish rule between 1861 and 1865. Spain tried to retake some colonies it had lost during the post-Napoleonic era. It didn’t work out too well for them.

Haiti invaded DR just after the Haitian war of liberation, which was an ugly four way fight between slaves, France, Spain, and England. Haiti‘s military occupied DR for decades, which may be part of where the animosity comes from.
Why does the DR have a caste system similar to India?

Why does the DR have a caste system similar to India?
I really dont know. Spanish colonies had the whole purity of the blood theory. But I never thought if it as caste-like. I always thought it was just classic racial discrimination.

Have a great week.

### Please update your current vote/ status so we know where we all stand currently.

On that note us soccer has release at update to return to play:

If that article is correct in referencing this and it's followed

"Each phase should follow sequentially, with Phase I suggested to last four-six weeks and Phase II three-six weeks before progressing to Phase III"

We would be 7-12 weeks out once started which we haven't yet for MLS Leagues teams for example. In other words October would seem be the earliest start for games but I haven't looked into the details just yet.

Back