• LA without day camp guidance

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • OTH under day camp guidance

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • OTH without day camp guidance

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • ALL No dates have be given

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Tournament or full game play in July or August.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite substantially more cases since we opened up May 11 or so, deaths are only up marginally. Pre open up our highest deaths per day was 28. We have hit 38 as the max now.

Cal is seeing the same thing. Large spikes in positive cases and yet deaths remain fairly flat.

What is interesting is how the reporting is happening now.

Early on the press was counting deaths every day in the country. Deaths have fallen dramatically. So now the talk about #s who have tested positive with very little discussion regarding deaths and the fact that week by week there are fewer and fewer deaths being recorded.

Well this didn’t age well. 174 dead in AZ in a single day, a new record! CA also just broke its previous high for deaths in a single day. 174 is more than 38 right? How many people in AZ need to go see Herman Cain every day before you admit you’re an idiot?

Dude...or should I say dad4. You are always the Prophet of Doom. 1 to 2 months ago you assured us all that GA and FL were sending their residents across the Styx. That petered out and you don't mention them much anymore.

Now you are on to AZ and if I recall correctly TX.

It is always lag time, etc. you say. Doom is upon us. And yet in the US deaths drop week by week.

AZ is not going to turn into another NY/NY/IL. States that didn't get hit at the same time as back east will certainly experience more deaths now vs back in March/April? You say our deaths have doubled. OK...we went from 1k to less than 2k right now. That is since this whole thing started. It certainly does not seem we are going to see anything like what we saw early on back east. And I refer to AZ and the rest of the other states.

The virus ripped through those eastern states in really just a matter of weeks and since then has gone away.

AZ has been open since May 11 or so. You are always talking lag time between positives and deaths. Our positives have risen steadily and fast since the reopening almost 2 months ago and yet deaths have risen on a per day basis minimally. Again pre opening up we were mid 20 to high 20 deaths per day. After almost 2 months of being open that number is mid 30 to high 30s.

So glad Covid-19 petered out, especially in Florida. 30 deaths a day is about the same as 252 right? And good thing AZ opening up has only resulted in 30 or so deaths a day - if you don’t count the other 140.

How high do these numbers need to get before you agree that AZ’s plan was stupid?

Well this didn’t age well. 174 dead in AZ in a single day, a new record! CA also just broke its previous high for deaths in a single day. 174 is more than 38 right? How many people in AZ need to go see Herman Cain every day before you admit you’re an idiot?
You are not too bright. That is not a single day high.

Deaths get reported at different times. So that 174 number is spread out over a number of days.

AZ still shows as its highest day 80 people.

We are on the down side of the positive curves now. Cal who has stricter measures in place saw a spike in cases.

The countries you love to point too as examples of getting it right...France, Spain, Germany are all experiencing spikes again. Hong Kong is having issues again.

It is going to happen. You cannot stay locked down for some indeterminate amount of time...which seems to be your preferred plan.

I know you like to hide in the basement and hug your dolls, but at some point you have to get off your ass and start living life again.

Deaths get reported at different times. So that 174 number is spread out over a number of days.

We are on the down side of the positive curves now. Cal who has stricter measures in place saw a spike in cases.

The countries you love to point too as examples of getting it right...France, Spain, Germany are all experiencing spikes again. Hong Kong is having issues again.

It is going to happen. You cannot stay locked down for some indeterminate amount of time...which seems to be your preferred plan.

I know you like to hide in the basement and hug your dolls, but at some point you have to get off your ass and start living life again.

Sure. But let’s assume for the sake of argument that reopening is only killing 80 people a day. 80 is the new 30?

How many people need to die every day before it’s too many for you? 100, 1000, everyone?

Yeah, Germany is really up a creek now. They were up to five deaths yesterday. So was Spain. France was up to fifteen. Hong Kong had one, too. That’s 26 deaths out of a combined population of over 200 million. Not sure they can come back after that kind of horrific spike.

Why couldn’t they be sensible and do things like Arizona?

Sure. But let’s assume for the sake of argument that reopening is only killing 80 people a day. 80 is the new 30?

How many people need to die every day before it’s too many for you? 100, 1000, everyone?
I’m not that smart, but didn’t Hillary kill like 80 people a day in Benghazi?

Yeah, Germany is really up a creek now. They were up to five deaths yesterday. So was Spain. France was up to fifteen. Hong Kong had one, too. That’s 26 deaths out of a combined population of over 200 million. Not sure they can come back after that kind of horrific spike.

Deaths lag 3-4 weeks after infections.

Ok. We can look at infections.

Those four countries combined for fewer than half as many infections as California, despite having more than five times the population.

Pick any metric you like. Germany, Spain, France, and Hong Kong are doing far better than we are. It's completely misleading to say that their "spike" proves they are doing it wrong. Their spike is better than our best day.

All the countries are going to see a rise in positives and a rise in deaths.

The virus hasn't magically disappeared.

Time to start living with the risk and managing those at risk (80+ individuals make up 50% of all deaths).

I know you want to hang out until some vaccine comes around. But we don't know how long that will be, how effective it will be, etc.

In the meantime kids suffer, business gets hammered, tax revenues plummet (which brings about other issues), etc.

It’s funny how MAGATs initially claimed that looking at cases was misleading and inappropriate because they were overstated and also due to allegedly low mortality rates, but now they need to point to cases to distract from the bodies piling up.

Not a spike

F40EA91A-A846-4343-AE05-2DA5BBC8B2FD.jpeg
Not a spike

7012C9CF-33E5-41AE-AF5A-2B6D5EDD7BC4.jpeg

Spike.

3B63BB5B-943B-4EEE-BB67-AB06A68D56A4.jpeg

So tired of everyone blaming others. Trust me Trumps Rally's and BLM protests spread the virus. As is everyone else.

4.6 million haven't come down with the virus, 20-30 million people have. The CDC stated the actual count was 5-10x the listed amount. Testing results in about 8% showing the virus. The NHL and NFL tests of players coming into their first practice show a 7% count of presumed healthy people having the virus. Time to start believing that 1 out of 12 people you see have it.

Really believe it is young males and females, ages 16-30, all races, of both parties, that is spreading this the most.

Last night at the park. 30 guys playing and watching basketball on two courts, no masks. Ages 16-30, different races. This is the main demographic that I see in an ordinary day not wearing masks at a store. They aren't going to change. They are democrats and republicans. They are young, invulnerable, enjoying life. Maybe we will get lucky that enough will get it and get over it and this will slow down the spread.

Both kids starting remotely. All grandparents still stuck at home. 20% layoff at my company and now working 32 hours. We are all screwed right now.

All the countries are going to see a rise in positives and a rise in deaths.

The virus hasn't magically disappeared.

Time to start living with the risk and managing those at risk (80+ individuals make up 50% of all deaths).

I know you want to hang out until some vaccine comes around. But we don't know how long that will be, how effective it will be, etc.

In the meantime kids suffer, business gets hammered, tax revenues plummet (which brings about other issues), etc.

Let's make it a bet. On the day the US first approves a covid vaccine, we look at covid deaths per capita for Arizona and Germany.

If Germany has more covid deaths per million population, I owe you a case of IPA.

If Arizona has more covid deaths per million population, you owe me a case of IPA.

Deal?

Looking at the CA dashboard. Almost all of the populous counties down south show signs of cases per day plateauing except Ventura county and San Bernardino. Unfortunately, pretty much all the rest of CA including the populous counties in northern CA are trending up. The ones trending up are definitely lower volume, but cases are still moving in the wrong direction.

Let's make it a bet. On the day the US first approves a covid vaccine, we look at covid deaths per capita for Arizona and Germany.

If Germany has more covid deaths per million population, I owe you a case of IPA.

If Arizona has more covid deaths per million population, you owe me a case of IPA.

Deal?
Why make a bet when I am already behind?

Here is the question I never get from you. How long do you hide out? A year? 2?

We don't know if a vaccine comes about. Hopefully soon. But we dont know.

So how long do we let gov pick which biz can be open? How long do we keep our kids out of school?

At what point do YOU say OK we need to deal with the risk and move on?

I am curious on that. You and the others have never said. How long?

So how long do we let gov pick which biz can be open? How long do we keep our kids out of school?

Nov 3rd

How long depends on what rules we have and to what extent we follow the rules.

For Germany, it took about 2-3 months. Their rules were enforced and followed.

If you want to be able to protest, wear no mask, and hold small parties, expect it to last until a vaccine is administered.

Back