Nor Cal Return to Play

I already asked them what league this is and no one is answering. Dad 4, what league is this guy saying he will pull his team if no mask? This sound like rec at best. AYSO is way more competitive. I think it's bull crap lie. He even says some T supporter is pacing up and down the fence having a melt down. Listen and listen well folks. No dad with a goat would even be in this league. This is all propaganda bull dung lie is my best guess. Where is Deza BTW?
I can not speak for Dad4 but I can assure you that this is happening in the letter leagues, not rec. It is NorCal return play- which includes ECNL, GA, NPL and everyone else.The games I saw this weekend were in Contra Costa County with teams traveling from Alameda County.

We've had 2 of our own games and watched another (from a distance.) MOST parents were good about the mask rule and kids wore them while on the bench, (on the grass rather, because we can't have a bench.)
The refs also wore them. We did play one team that only had about 1/2 the sidelines in masks- not our club, so I don't know their rules? When we play at home, we have board members walking around making sure the sidelines are following the rules.
ETA: this is a norcal club, can't speak to anything else.

The idiocy.

Should kids wear masks? No.

Why?

They are not at any risk. Having them wear masks while playing other kids is the height of idiocy.

Per the CDC as of now you have had just over 200 people under that age of 17 die NATIONWIDE since covid started.

Well, leadership in Sac Town is now blaming all the recall crap on those who dont like mask and are anti vaccine. He said he's ready to fight. I swear i wear a mask but hate it. Can I at least complain about it? I will not tolerate people like you telling me my kid has to wear a mask if she wants to ball. Your new rules suck!!!
there is no leadership in Sac town

This is a crazy conversation. If a someone says they won't play with a mask, then why would the field permits matter to them? They don't care if the permits are pulled for a game they won't play anyways.

Likewise, If you don't want to play a team that isn't masked, then don't play if they don't have masks on. Since masking isn't being enforced, you should probably have the conversation with the other team ahead of time to keep it from getting weird.

It is up to the two teams to agree upon the rules...which is what happens every game. If you don't like the rules, don't play. You can't force people to play. You can just make the rules and let people decide if they want to play using them. If masks become required equipment (like shin guards or whatever) then people can make the decision if they want to play under that rule.

This is a crazy conversation. If a someone says they won't play with a mask, then why would the field permits matter to them? They don't care if the permits are pulled for a game they won't play anyways.

Likewise, If you don't want to play a team that isn't masked, then don't play if they don't have masks on. Since masking isn't being enforced, you should probably have the conversation with the other team ahead of time to keep it from getting weird.

It is up to the two teams to agree upon the rules
...which is what happens every game. If you don't like the rules, don't play. You can't force people to play. You can just make the rules and let people decide if they want to play using them. If masks become required equipment (like shin guards or whatever) then people can make the decision if they want to play under that rule.
Weird life were all living in. The poor kids have to be in the middle of all the bs. I heard about a fight over mask hoops and no mask hoops. Its getting so chippy on the courts they have to have a mask game and then a no mask game. It's becoming a mask of honor and if your anti mask and a badge of vax. I'm way more anti abortion. If someone wants to fight me for that anti stance, then come bring it :)

Likewise, If you don't want to play a team that isn't masked, then don't play if they don't have
Weird life were all living in. The poor kids have to be in the middle of all the bs. I heard about a fight over mask hoops and no mask hoops. Its getting so chippy on the courts they have to have a mask game and then a no mask game. It's becoming a mask of honor and if your anti mask and a badge of vax. I'm way more anti abortion. If someone wants to fight me for that anti stance, then come bring it :)
Off topic please

The AAP says I am wrong about not liking unreasonable bullies (like you and Trump), or they say I am wrong that there has yet to be a single documented case of Covid transmission in any of the hundreds of thousands of outdoor soccer games in the past 12 months?

Both are 100% correct, and while it isn't surprising the American Association of Pediatrics might want to put out a "better safe than sorry" policy, please point me to specifically what they say I am wrong about.

I get that trumpanzees disregard the advice of medical experts because it interferes with their ability to be idiots. The one guy claimed words don’t mean what they mean. You claim the foremost experts in the field are just making s**t up because they’d rather just cover their asses than actually make policy recommendations in their area of expertise. Pretty soon @MSK357 will jump in and say it’s all a hoax, people are only dying “with covid” but if anyone ever did die wearing a mask, in that case they died “because of” the mask, not “with the mask”. Then Grace Karen will chime in that masks don’t work, and then go berate some poor soccer ref after she’s done with the Costco manager. Finally, @crush will meme Jenny McCarthy claiming vaccines cause autism, and then blame a soccer club for trying to ruin his kid’s life. In one sentence y’all deny science, and the. you claim that it’s science behind your anti-science.

In short, your rejection of the advice of the foremost experts on the issue puts you right there with all the other idiots.

Nope. Don’t have to because you already know that a “better safe than sorry” policy is being implemented here. We are dealing with an administrative agency that’s entitled to determine what their regulations mean. How one feels or what one thinks has absolutely no bearing on the issue.

Exactly. "Feelings" shouldn't have a place in the discussion. I'm certainly not arguing people shouldn't follow the rules. If masks are required by the organization or fields, then people should follow those rules or simply stay home so kids can play. Don't ruin it for everyone. Making such rules are is their prerogative.

But you also shouldn't pretend any mandate to wear masks on during a soccer game isn't mostly based on people's "feelings." It certainly isn't some science-based decision based on real life negative outcomes of virus spread during outdoor soccer games. If anything, there's plenty of evidence to the contrary.

That isn't really the point though. Mask up, if required. Let's ensure the kids play and all get through this for the next few months.

I get that trumpanzees disregard the advice of medical experts because it interferes with their ability to be idiots. The one guy claimed words don’t mean what they mean. You claim the foremost experts in the field are just making s**t up because they’d rather just cover their asses than actually make policy recommendations in their area of expertise. Pretty soon @MSK357 will jump in and say it’s all a hoax, people are only dying “with covid” but if anyone ever did die wearing a mask, in that case they died “because of” the mask, not “with the mask”. Then Grace Karen will chime in that masks don’t work, and then go berate some poor soccer ref after she’s done with the Costco manager. Finally, @crush will meme Jenny McCarthy claiming vaccines cause autism, and then blame a soccer club for trying to ruin his kid’s life. In one sentence y’all deny science, and the. you claim that it’s science behind your anti-science.

In short, your rejection of the advice of the foremost experts on the issue puts you right there with all the other idiots.
1615854570577.png

The idiocy.

Should kids wear masks? No.

Why?

They are not at any risk. Having them wear masks while playing other kids is the height of idiocy.

Per the CDC as of now you have had just over 200 people under that age of 17 die NATIONWIDE since covid started.

Says the guy whining about not being able to hit the bars back in May and who was gloating about how great AZ is doing, although it’s been #1 in per capita body count over the last 10 months.

So I guess the bottom line is I am right about both things. You are an unreasonable bully, and you are also incapable of refuting the fact that the nationwide Covid infection rate in the other 48 states for outdoor soccer games in the past 12 months is roughly 0.000%.

Go on. It's your turn to pull out your Trumpian playbook response and create some strawman argument that twists the point I'm trying to make and culminates with personal insults.

How does instructing my daughter to follow the rules from the entity that issued the permit make me a fool? Are you saying I should have marched on the field and raised hell because of a mask after not playing for a year? Yeah, I don’t think so. We live in this community and I prefer to not make an ass out of myself.

As far as playing and wearing the mask, if my middle aged self can wear the mask when I go to exercise outside at Orange Theory for an hour I’m pretty sure the majority of these very in shape atheletes can handle it.

Don't get me wrong. I am not telling my kid not to wear a mask when he plays. I respect and teach my kid to respect and obey laws and rules. And I do care about people around me, friends and strangers. My point is that I have watched a few games in the last 5-6 days between competitive teams and the players masks were covering their necks but not the faces. Maybe very few players kept their masks on their faces. This rule to wear masks are not enforced via clubs or the referees. Who needs wearing masks when it's not enforce. End you know why it's not enforced? Because it's not possible to do it. You can't stop the game every time the mask in down due to so many reason. Then why have those rules that no one cares to enforce.
As for your 'middle aged self can wear the mask' I don't know what to say. I guess kids should do everything else you're doing in your golden age.
Again, maybe for little kids and rec sport is possible and workable wearing masks but for older kids doing competitive sport I don't know.
And yes, I am not running around and screaming let's not wear masks but I am entitled to have my opinion and put it on the forum as it what it's for.

Again, think about, 22 kids on the field playing soccer via kicking one ball, bumping in each other. Touch this ball with their hands (throwings, free kicks, and etc) then correcting their masks constantly and touching their faces, wiping their noses. Then add other kids who sub them. Do you see the picture? What protection those masks do for them, nada. From that point it's not save to play soccer at all (here in California) . All I am saying it's useless rule and the only reason all those Associations of Pediatrics say is to cover their asxxx in case some one will sue them.

Someone pointed out that wearing masks during play is only for a few more weeks. It could be true but also it could be for who knows for how long. The numbers of infected is down in all categories but now the recommendations we hear is to wear double masks. I guess it's a "good" logic.

Don't get me wrong. I am not telling my kid not to wear a mask when he plays. I respect and teach my kid to respect and obey laws and rules. And I do care about people around me, friends and strangers. My point is that I have watched a few games in the last 5-6 days between competitive teams and the players masks were covering their necks but not the faces. Maybe very few players kept their masks on their faces. This rule to wear masks are not enforced via clubs or the referees. Who needs wearing masks when it's not enforce. End you know why it's not enforced? Because it's not possible to do it. You can't stop the game every time the mask in down due to so many reason. Then why have those rules that no one cares to enforce.
As for your 'middle aged self can wear the mask' I don't know what to say. I guess kids should do everything else you're doing in your golden age.
Again, maybe for little kids and rec sport is possible and workable wearing masks but for older kids doing competitive sport I don't know.
And yes, I am not running around and screaming let's not wear masks but I am entitled to have my opinion and put it on the forum as it what it's for.

Again, think about, 22 kids on the field playing soccer via kicking one ball, bumping in each other. Touch this ball with their hands (throwings, free kicks, and etc) then correcting their masks constantly and touching their faces, wiping their noses. Then add other kids who sub them. Do you see the picture? What protection those masks do for them, nada. From that point it's not save to play soccer at all (here in California) . All I am saying it's useless rule and the only reason all those Associations of Pediatrics say is to cover their asxxx in case some one will sue them.

Someone pointed out that wearing masks during play is only for a few more weeks. It could be true but also it could be for who knows for how long. The numbers of infecte
d is down in all categories but now the recommendations we hear is to wear double masks. I guess it's a "good" logic.

I'm sure wearing masks is good intent (I'm reaching) but...it's just a silly attempt to virtue signal. If that's what it takes to play soccer, then so be it...Still dumb and it will still get scrutinized and ridiculed.

We just wrapped up a HS soccer season in AZ. Masks were required. I would guesstimate they stayed in place less than 5% of the time. Why bother. Refs never enforced the mask rule on the field. Everyone on the sideline wore theirs. All theater. Meanwhile, in Club land, masks are not required. They are optional - up to the player.

Back