Nor Cal Return to Play

I already asked them what league this is and no one is answering. Dad 4, what league is this guy saying he will pull his team if no mask? This sound like rec at best. AYSO is way more competitive. I think it's bull crap lie. He even says some T supporter is pacing up and down the fence having a melt down. Listen and listen well folks. No dad with a goat would even be in this league. This is all propaganda bull dung lie is my best guess. Where is Deza BTW?
I don't think any rec leagues are up and running yet up here. The only game in town is NorCal return to play.

Some high end comp are masking, some are not.

A word from the county would clear it up. I just hope the word isn't "STOP!".

I don't think any rec leagues are up and running yet up here. The only game in town is NorCal return to play.

You are purposely being deceptive here. The updated mask requirement NEVER states that it is mandatory while playing. It simply states, at the beginning, that masks will be required for participants, coaches, and support staff. The actual wording in the mandate never changed. It still says as tolerated. Seems like you can't tolerate that. 930F5E3E-FCE4-455D-A2DA-05F53A030F75.jpeg

You are purposely being deceptive here. The updated mask requirement NEVER states that it is mandatory while playing. It simply states, at the beginning, that masks will be required for participants, coaches, and support staff. The actual wording in the mandate never changed. It still says as tolerated. Seems like you can't tolerate that. View attachment 10399
Why have the rule at all if 0 out of 22 kids can "tolerate" the mask?

That's a clear F.U. to the regulatory body, and we both know it.

The trouble is, when you say F.U. to your permitting agency, you can end up with no permits.

Why have the rule at all if 0 out of 22 kids can "tolerate" the mask?

That's a clear F.U. to the regulatory body, and we both know it.

The trouble is, when you say F.U. to your permitting agency, you can end up with no permits.
Why have the rule? To encourage mask use.

Yes, our game was part of NorCal RTP #1. Agreed that the main issue is to just to keep things going, let us have our games. Hopefully the parents can just play along for now, even if they don't agree with the new rules.

Yes, our game was part of NorCal RTP #1. Agreed that the main issue is to just to keep things going, let us have our games. Hopefully the parents can just play along for now, even if they don't agree with the new rules.
Well, leadership in Sac Town is now blaming all the recall crap on those who dont like mask and are anti vaccine. He said he's ready to fight. I swear i wear a mask but hate it. Can I at least complain about it? I will not tolerate people like you telling me my kid has to wear a mask if she wants to ball. Your new rules suck!!!

Well, leadership in Sac Town is now blaming all the recall crap on those who dont like mask and are anti vaccine. He said he's ready to fight. I swear i wear a mask but hate it. Can I at least complain about it? I will not tolerate people like you telling me my kid has to wear a mask if she wants to ball. Your new rules suck!!!

Kids should NOT have to wear masks when playing, it should be totally up to the kid...

But spectators and coaches should wear masks, and everybody eligible should be getting vaccinated.....not saying you have to like it, but let's keep the players playing.....

A Gov blames 'anti-mask and anti-vax extremists' for his recall effort, vows to fight them..........

1615843823191.png

I need a Doc with a brain to tell if this meme is correct or is this false information. Dad 4, I want no response from you. Please, I'll even take someone on here who knows someone who knows a Doc that can let us know the truth. Thank you, it's much appreciated.

Kids should NOT have to wear masks when playing, it should be totally up to the kid...

But spectators and coaches should wear masks, and everybody eligible should be getting vaccinated.....not saying you have to like it, but let's keep the players playing.....
Please explain eligibility requirements bro? I'm not that desperate to see my dd play......lol.

The American Association of Pediatrics says you’re wrong. Disregarding what they are saying and trashing any sports entity that follows their guidance, as about 10 posters did before I said anything, is hardly “open-minded reasonable discourse”. Too bad that you’re ok with “open-minded reasonable discourse” so long as it is the opposite of that. So here I am.

If you’re living in fear of wearing a mask, although there is no documented evidence that one has ever killed a single person, you and your kid can stay away from soccer fields until all this passes. Between all the anti-vaxxers and all the other trumpanzees who fight every single effort to get Covid under control, it has already taken too long, and will still take linger than it should. Almost 600,000 are dead in the U.S. now.
wrong about what?

With all due respect, I would call anyone getting Karen-y over a kid wearing a mask playing a kiddie sport a fool and incompetent of understanding what kiddie sports is, and of taking their kiddie sports way too seriously.

Anyone who thinks that kiddie (they call the “competitive”) sports is so important that they should not wear something that anyone in moderate health can do no problem, is a fool and incompetent of understanding, well, much of anything. In the absence of a medical condition, if your child cannot play soccer in a mask for a couple weeks, they are not college material and, frankly, should not even being playing comp sports since they’re just diluting the quality of play. But congratulations for raising your kid to be soft.

We have all seen a lot of kids playing soccer in masks and, guess what, no one has died. Not one person. We have seen a bunch of whiners though.

I am not sure I understood your comments. But, I guess we have to define what's kiddie sport for you and for me. My kid is having 4 practices a week and a game over weekend. As you can guess, it's very completive league where you need to proof to coach and yourself every single practice you belong there. You try to compete wearing a mask in that environment and I want to see what you say after 5-10 minutes of trying. I even say it's more harm for young athlete to practice and play in that condition.
Again, I am totally fine if your kid or any other kid wear a mask. And, frankly, I am totally fine if they wear a plastic bag with a few holes over their head. It's their rights.
For your argument that not anybody died wearing a mask I'd like to ask you if anyone died of not wearing a mask playing soccer. For me, if based on the science (availability of the data and its analyses and not just what's in someone head after reading some articles from the internet) , the decision was made to allow completive sport then let kids to participate it without masks. If it's still not safe then don't open the sport and keep it on oxygen level (10-25 feet apart of the opponents).
If you really (I mean who ever is in charge) care and want to open sport safely then provide guidance for different categories (Age, Level of play (rec or competitive) , and etc. But, I guess it requires to do more work and cooperates with others. In my understanding it's to much to ask from those who are establishing all those mandates and requirements.
As for calling some folks whiners or something else I will leave it with no comments.

I am not sure I understood your comments. But, I guess we have to define what's kiddie sport for you and for me. My kid is having 4 practices a week and a game over weekend. As you can guess, it's very completive league where you need to proof to coach and yourself every single practice you belong there. You try to compete wearing a mask in that environment and I want to see what you say after 5-10 minutes of trying. I even say it's more harm for young athlete to practice and play in that condition.
Again, I am totally fine if your kid or any other kid wear a mask. And, frankly, I am totally fine if they wear a plastic bag with a few holes over their head. It's their rights.
For your argument that not anybody died wearing a mask I'd like to ask you if anyone died of not wearing a mask playing soccer. For me, if based on the science (availability of the data and its analyses and not just what's in someone head after reading some articles from the internet) , the decision was made to allow completive sport then let kids to participate it without masks. If it's still not safe then don't open the sport and keep it on oxygen level (10-25 feet apart of the opponents).
If you really (I mean who ever is in charge) care and want to open sport safely then provide guidance for different categories (Age, Level of play (rec or competitive) , and etc. But, I guess it requires to do more work and cooperates with others. In my understanding it's to much to ask from those who are establishing all those mandates and requirements.
As for calling some folks whiners or something else I will leave it with no comments.
Excellent points. If NBA players wear a mask, then I will tell my dd to quit sports all together. This is the biggest crock ever played.

People should NOT have to drive sober, it should be totally up to them!

Kids should NOT have to go to school without guns and ammo, it should be totally up to them!

Kids should NOT be required to stay home if they have Ebola, it should be totally up to them!

Your kid winning a soccer game over the next couple weeks while hundreds of millions get vaccinated is inconsequential. If you think any soccer game that your kid plays over the next few weeks is so important that the players should not wear masks, you have a real problem. Your kid is playing a game played by children.

The American Association of Pediatrics recommends it, and that is that. They are the experts, and they are looking at the most up-to-date information. You’re a dad who clearly takes his kiddie sports way too seriously. If playing in a mask is too much for your kid, his soccer career is almost over anyway, so what’s the big deal? It’s not like he has the athletic ability to play on college, let alone pro.

Why have the rule? To encourage mask use.

So what's your solution? Refuse to have your kid wear a mask, and then, if the County pulls the field permit, hire an attorney to file a TRO/preliminary injunction and litigate a month plus in state superior court to reverse the County's decision?

Wouldn't it be easier to ask your kid to wear the stupid mask around his or her neck (leaving the nose and mouth free most of the time) like everyone else for a few months until we're past this farce? That's what the players in both my kids' clubs are doing.

I think litigation is a great tool and I love Californians' interest in pursuing it, but it's also expensive and time consuming. And it's not a good idea to rush to it as plan A without a reasonable cost/benefit analysis of alternative approaches?

So what's your solution? Refuse to have your kid wear a mask, and then, if the County pulls the field permit, hire an attorney to file a TRO/preliminary injunction and litigate a month plus in state superior court to reverse the County's decision?

Wouldn't it be easier to ask your kid to wear the stupid mask around his or her neck (leaving the nose and mouth free most of the time) like everyone else for a few months until we're past this farce? That's what the players in both my kids' clubs are doing.

I think litigation is a great tool and I love Californians' interest in pursuing it, but it's also expensive and time consuming. And it's not a good idea to rush to it as plan A without a reasonable cost/benefit analysis of alternative approaches?
You don’t understand. Anon’s kid is good at soccer. Really really good. She plays in a letter league. That changes everything. She certainly should not have to follow any of the rules that apply to other people.

Besides, keep it in perspective. What is more important, having permits so thousands of bronze and rec kids can putter about, or a half dozen really good maskless ECNL games? The ECNL games, of course.

The city, county, and CDPH should all just drop whatever it is they are doing and bow down before her amazing ball skills.

The American Association of Pediatrics says you’re wrong.

The AAP says I am wrong about not liking unreasonable bullies (like you and Trump), or they say I am wrong that there has yet to be a single documented case of Covid transmission in any of the hundreds of thousands of outdoor soccer games in the past 12 months?

Both are 100% correct, and while it isn't surprising the American Association of Pediatrics might want to put out a "better safe than sorry" policy, please point me to specifically what they say I am wrong about.

You don’t understand. Anon’s kid is good at soccer. Really really good. She plays in a letter league. That changes everything. She certainly should not have to follow any of the rules that apply to other people.

Besides, keep it in perspective. What is more important, having permits so thousands of bronze and rec kids can putter about, or a half dozen really good maskless ECNL games? The ECNL games, of course.

The city, county, and CDPH should all just drop whatever it is they are doing and bow down before her amazing ball skills.
You're the one making up rules that don't exist. If you're scared, stay home. What the hell don't you understand that masks are not mandated. What the hell is wrong with people like you? You are trying to speak it into existence. Your own DOC told you mask will not be mandated. If you don't like it, have balls and stand up for your beliefs and leave. Of course, you don't have balls so you'll just continue to be a keyboard warrior.

The AAP says I am wrong about not liking unreasonable bullies (like you and Trump), or they say I am wrong that there has yet to be a single documented case of Covid transmission in any of the hundreds of thousands of outdoor soccer games in the past 12 months?

Both are 100% correct, and while it isn't surprising the American Association of Pediatrics might want to put out a "better safe than sorry" policy, please point me to specifically what they say I am wrong about.
Nope. Don’t have to because you already know that a “better safe than sorry” policy is being implemented here. We are dealing with an administrative agency that’s entitled to determine what their regulations mean. How one feels or what one thinks has absolutely no bearing on the issue.

With all due respect: I wouldn't call you a sheep but I would call you a fool and for those who mandate wearing a mask for very competitive outdoor sport I call them incompetent of understanding what the competitive sport is. If you think you can wear a mask while sprinting, pushing, and battling for the ball you are completely mistaken. And then saying if you ae out of air and can't breath take it off and put back - that is compromising the purpose of wearing a mask And then you should bring with a you a few more masks as they will get turned and soak. And what I hear from my son's club that they won't enforce to make sure it's on your face but you must have it some where around your face. It's a total farce.

I am totally fine with everyone who asks their kids to wear it but if you permitted to play youth completive outdoor sport then don't make it a farce. Also, it's funny, for the safety of the player it's not allowed to wear any bracelets , any kind of earrings or necklaces but wearing mask around their necks is totally safe.

How does instructing my daughter to follow the rules from the entity that issued the permit make me a fool? Are you saying I should have marched on the field and raised hell because of a mask after not playing for a year? Yeah, I don’t think so. We live in this community and I prefer to not make an ass out of myself.

As far as playing and wearing the mask, if my middle aged self can wear the mask when I go to exercise outside at Orange Theory for an hour I’m pretty sure the majority of these very in shape atheletes can handle it.

Back