No Soccer - Bad / No School - Catastrophic!

We will go back to insulting each other about soccer when our kids can go back to playing soccer. Until then, the soccer purists are fighting a losing battle to keep everyone on topic.

As soon as the bigots keep it to soccer, so will I. As long as they keep going that direction, however, so will I.

That is the best advice ever. I got the same advice last year and I didnt listen. Now, I cant leave!!!

Genuinely curious. Do you have a job? I spy this board, occasionally chime in, but work, spend time with my fam, socialize, workout, etc. I've seen days where every newest comment on every post was you. I regularly see your comments being put in morning, noon and night. Maybe it's entertaining for you or maybe it's a stress relief, but seems to me you are spending your day shouting in to the void. I'm not saying it's all you do, but man you and a handful of others seem to live here.

On another note, 6,700 people in CA are now hospitalized with Covid.

We can find alternatives to youth sports. There have been many good suggestions for replacing the physical part of club soccer, it's the social and emotional part that is a challenge.

But, the more serious problem is schools not reopening. Kids must have the structured daily academic environment that school provides, not only for continued learning, but also social and emotional needs...this is not easily replaced, not should it be. Kids have been out of school since early March, returing to school is a must. School is as essential, or even more so, as any Costco or Walmart.

The fact that not reopening schools is weakly supported, at best, by science and data should concern parents...but, the below fact that LAUSD has made school reopening contingent on political demands should set all parents hair on fire!

And ALL parents need to take a stand! I'm so glad our kids are done with LAUSD, their latest demands are nothing short of extortion on steroids. Open the schools and get back to SOCCER!

Genuinely curious. Do you have a job? I spy this board, occasionally chime in, but work, spend time with my fam, socialize, workout, etc. I've seen days where every newest comment on every post was you. I regularly see your comments being put in morning, noon and night. Maybe it's entertaining for you or maybe it's a stress relief, but seems to me you are spending your day shouting in to the void. I'm not saying it's all you do, but man you and a handful of others seem to live here.

On another note, 6,700 people in CA are now hospitalized with Covid.
Go back and read last July's ECNL vs GDA Toxi war or something like that. You need to read up Pats and then PM and I will share whatever you want to know about me and my family.

Not sure why you’re fixated on the fatality ratio, but it is # of covid deaths divided by the #of confirmed covid cases. It’s a statistical fact. People who aren’t covid positive aren’t considered. Unless you have documented proof that hospitals/public health officials are falsifying covid related deaths, then you are simply peddling in conspiracy theories. What would their incentive be? Why would countries around the world also falsely label deaths as covid related when they weren’t? They shut down their economies too. Sometimes a deadly virus is really a deadly virus. This isn’t some grand global political scheme. Covid is serious, highly contagious and sometimes deadly. Not many people want to play Russian roulette with their lives or the lives of their children. This ain’t hard. Have a nice day.
Why would CDC update the mortality rate closer to .2% then? Its because more data is available. Not just confirmed COVID tests, but Antibody tests as well. The proof that the mortality rate initially put out is inaccurate is the fact that it went from 5% to .2%. With more data, to include better access to COVID tests is the reason why the mortality rate is so low now. Its the reason why the media isnt talking about deaths, or mortality rates anymore. Its now talking about the number of positive tests which we knew would be higher as more asymptomatic people get tested. This isnt a conspiracy unless you claim the CDC is spreading conspiracies as well. I can understand getting a ratio based on the facts that they had which was a small sample size of only the severly ill getting the tests. but the fact that a large population of the country that are asymptomatic or with mild symptoms were not getting tested was completely understated. I blame the media for spreading hysteria because they are in the business getting views. That would be medias incentive. on why COVID deaths have a very lenient form of identification you would have ask CDC for that. the guidelines are posted. They literally said you dont need a positive test to be labeled a COVID death. Just assumed. these are facts that you can get from the CDC.

You could start by not labeling people as bigot every time someone disagrees with you.

I only label bigots bigots. Don’t want to sell cake to gay people? Bigot. Drop the N word and call black people hoodrats indiscriminately? Bigot. Blame BLM, and BLM only, for your kids having to go to school online? Also bigot. And then there’s @Ellejustus. Hard to tell whether he’s a racist or just pretending to be one because that’s the only crowd that seems to pay attention.

Charter schools often increase segregation in primary education, even when their stated goal is to remove the geographical attendance restrictions that cause de facto segregation. This is obviously not always the case and in many instances they do help. But they are also often used to perpetuate segregation, especially in the south.

I’m not going to give you an exhaustive list, as you can easily find reasons online. You’ll need to do your own research. It also requires looking at them from the perspective of what is good for education in the U.S. instead of what is best for me, here, right now without regard for how they impact others. I know that is not possible for MAGAts.
Joe Biden literally says he doesnt want his white kids growing up in a racial jungle, preventing further integrated schools, yet you say republicans are racist. that is insane.

Go back and read last July's ECNL vs GDA Toxi war or something like that. You need to read up Pats and then PM and I will share whatever you want to know about me and my family.

Yikes, that's the last thing I would want to do. And kid of the point. I'm here for soccer info, sadly have been sucked in occasionally to a shouting in to the void Covid discussion and responded to the fake Sherriff, the other big racist and a couple others who said disgusting things.

Logging off for today. You do you. If being here 24/7 is worth it or healthy or helpful then it's not my business. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but honestly just can't believe how often you are here, especially when there's no soccer to discuss. Hat tip to Kante who provides the most useful info on this site and has been basically gone since soccer shut down. My role model.

Charter schools are a good deal. As I drive around Phoenix I see a lot going up in poorer areas and always think good for them. Finally those families in those areas have a choice and can get out of the crappy public schools.

It’s great right up until they get nailed for fraud. Or waste. Or mismanagement. Too often they just squander taxpayer dollars with zero accountability and at the long term expense of teachers (and students) due to the crappy teacher pay on general. Perhaps it’s a shame that so many bad ones screw things up for the few good ones, but that’s how it is.

One major premise of charter schools is that parents want all the perceived benefits of a private school without having to pay for it.

Charter schools often increase segregation in primary education, even when their stated goal is to remove the geographical attendance restrictions that cause de facto segregation. This is obviously not always the case and in many instances they do help. But they are also often used to perpetuate segregation, especially in the south.
Not all charter schools are created equal and I can't speak to the schools in the South. Locally we have two charter high schools that are highly successful in both integration and education. On the primary level, while not a charter school, my kids attended their neighborhood elementary school which was also a magnet school. A PE magnet of all things, which was the only PE magnet in the SDUSD. Overall it was a very good school with high parent involvement, solid teachers and a great community culture (minus the one principal who often came to school under the influence, undercalculated the number of teachers the school qualified for and failed to report a couple incidents of child to child sexual abuse which resulted in a federal investigation). As a result, a lot of kids (I believe 40%) came from other neighborhoods including many low income minority communities. Unfortunately, we lost our magnet designation because the Area Superintendent for the lower income areas complained that she was losing too many students to our school which meant she was losing Title 1 money for her schools. So our magnet designation was stripped and choice was limited for the kids in the underperforming schools.

I only label bigots bigots. Don’t want to sell cake to gay people? Bigot. Drop the N word and call black people hoodrats indiscriminately? Bigot. Blame BLM, and BLM only, for your kids having to go to school online? Also bigot. And then there’s @Ellejustus. Hard to tell whether he’s a racist or just pretending to be one because that’s the only crowd that seems to pay attention.
Tell you want EOTL. Me, my pal Bruno and two other black educators meet up from time to time. Actually, we talk all the time on the phone but were meeting up next Saturday in Irvine to see how we can help bring peace and not hate. Why don;t you come and meet me and my friends? I mean that 100% and then you can ask my friends your hard question that seems hard for you. At least it's hard to tell with me. You really do like to insert your power and beliefs on others. You're way worse then any church I ever went to, I promise you that. And guess what i was called by just about every church leader when I left? That's right, a church hopper. Hope away from bad apples and bad apples are everywhere..........

It’s great right up until they get nailed for fraud. Or waste. Or mismanagement. Too often they just squander taxpayer dollars with zero accountability and at the long term expense of teachers (and students) due to the crappy teacher pay on general. Perhaps it’s a shame that so many bad ones screw things up for the few good ones, but that’s how it is.

One major premise of charter schools is that parents want all the perceived benefits of a private school without having to pay for it.
whats your issue with mostly underprivileged kids choosing a better option than the failing public school they are zoned in? If theres fraud in a public school its easier to shut it down if its a charter school. fraud in a regular public school, good luck.

Back