MLS youth league

Is FC Dallas going to field ECNL teams as well as teams for the new MLS/USYS league? Without arguably the strongest boys club, the new league seem bare in that part of the country.

Yes there are multiple clubs/organizations planning on playing in various league concurrently.

In some cases ECNL will not be the first team like DA was or MLS/USYS may not be the first team either. USL and other leagues will be involved and players will have options.

If MLS gets back to playing & collecting some revenue in the summer league might happen for the fall. If they don't get back until fall well anybody's guess.

Briefly saw a list ot teams. 16 in southwest division. No surprise, DA teams minus ECNL teams plus new Liverpool. Supposedly MLS is going to make announcement Monday.

@messy My son just got paperwork to play ECNL and he's u12. He played in the NPL West u11 and u12 last year, which no longer exist for the youngers. As for age groups, u12,u13,u14,u15,u16,17,u18-19.

@messy My son just got paperwork to play ECNL and he's u12. He played in the NPL West u11 and u12 last year, which no longer exist for the youngers. As for age groups, u12,u13,u14,u15,u16,17,u18-19.

To clarify, regarding these age groups, are you referring to the new MLS league?

To clarify, regarding these age groups, are you referring to the new MLS league?
I am referring to ECNL. The MLS league is just talk right now,. MLS teams will have no substantial income to fund their academy teams and I don't know whats going to happen with the academy teams. I saw the La Galaxy and San Jose terminated their Girls DA program.

I am referring to ECNL. The MLS league is just talk right now,. MLS teams will have no substantial income to fund their academy teams and I don't know whats going to happen with the academy teams. I saw the La Galaxy and San Jose terminated their Girls DA program.
From what I saw it was significantly more than just talk, but yes the pissing match of which league will be better has already begun in earnest. There is some high quality BS being spewed by the DOCs from both leagues and the Eskimos are buying the ice. Time will tell, ECNL certainly has a head start, but i suspect both leagues will have something to offer.

From what I saw it was significantly more than just talk, but yes the pissing match of which league will be better has already begun in earnest. There is some high quality BS being spewed by the DOCs from both leagues and the Eskimos are buying the ice. Time will tell, ECNL certainly has a head start, but i suspect both leagues will have something to offer.
I don't think it will be much of a pissing match. If the MLS league still has funded teams, that will be much better than ECNL.

Its hard to imagine where the non-MLS clubs are going to play any meaningful number of games. For example, in San Diego three clubs may be in this new league (Albion, City, Rebels), What MLS teams are they going to play? LA is the closest and then what, play the other non-mls teams? Not really a step up in competition, with a lot of the other DA teams playing ECNL. I would say that there will be significant travel involved.

I don't think it will be much of a pissing match. If the MLS league still has funded teams, that will be much better than ECNL.
I don't believe that any of the San Diego DA teams were fully funded. They definitely wont be now.

Thx for this. From memory, do you have an idea of what teams will be included that you can share?

Thx for this. From memory, do you have an idea of what teams will be included that you can share?
Here's list of SoCal DA teams so far (?) not affiliated w/ ECNL: 1. SDSC, 2. Albion, 3. Chula Vista, 4. Murrieta, 5. Nomads, 6. Rebels, 7. TFA, 8. LAUFA, 9.Ventura Fusion, 10. Santa Barbara SC, 11. LAG, 12. LAFC, 13. Barca

Here's list of SoCal DA teams so far (?) not affiliated w/ ECNL: 1. SDSC, 2. Albion, 3. Chula Vista, 4. Murrieta, 5. Nomads, 6. Rebels, 7. TFA, 8. LAUFA, 9.Ventura Fusion, 10. Santa Barbara SC, 11. LAG, 12. LAFC, 13. Barca

Some of those where not listed on the draft slide I saw last week and there was some other surprises including clubs that weren't in DA previously. Not my place to share the details and I didn't capture the screens. Was told they where still adding or confirming some so let's see what the next official release will be which I was told will be out around May 15th.

In any case for the olders I have a hunch that there will be a shake/mashup of player movement so it really much too early to tell what teams will consist of when play resumes.

USL two cancelled the summer league and USL academy A now will start in spring 2021so these will be a factor in some plans as MLS/USYS looks to partner up with them in some manner.

SDSC is now boys ECNL and ECRL.

SDSC joined ECNL at the end of April.

My short term memory sucks so take this with a grain of salt although I know for certain SDSC is in ECNL (although they were actually on the MLS list)

To the best of my recollection these teams I remember being in: Albion, CV, Nomads, TFA, LAUFA, Fusion, LAG, LAFC

Can't recall about Barca or Santa Barbara. I looked specifically for Rebels but didn't see them, but the list scrolled by pretty quickly. RSL Arizona and Del Sol were listed as well. Since SDSC was on the list, I assume it was a proposed list and not a confirmed list.

Here are some other things we were told but I can't vouch for its accuracy and please don't shoot the messenger. 10 week season with 40-50 games (which seems like an excessive # of games). It was claimed that ECNL's season is only 5 weeks. It was also implied that high school soccer may be prohibited. It was claimed that there would be an attempt to match up teams based on ability for games. Not for every game, but most games. I.e. LAG would probably play LAFC more than say CV would play LAFC, but CV would play City, Nomads etc than LAG would.

My short term memory sucks so take this with a grain of salt although I know for certain SDSC is in ECNL (although they were actually on the MLS list)

To the best of my recollection these teams I remember being in: Albion, CV, Nomads, TFA, LAUFA, Fusion, LAG, LAFC

Can't recall about Barca or Santa Barbara. I looked specifically for Rebels but didn't see them, but the list scrolled by pretty quickly. RSL Arizona and Del Sol were listed as well. Since SDSC was on the list, I assume it was a proposed list and not a confirmed list.

Here are some other things we were told but I can't vouch for its accuracy and please don't shoot the messenger. 10 week season with 40-50 games (which seems like an excessive # of games). It was claimed that ECNL's season is only 5 weeks. It was also implied that high school soccer may be prohibited. It was claimed that there would be an attempt to match up teams based on ability for games. Not for every game, but most games. I.e. LAG would probably play LAFC more than say CV would play LAFC, but CV would play City, Nomads etc than LAG would.
got it. very helpful. thanks!

RSL-AZ is in ECNL and has been from the beginning. The only had u12-13 in DA

RSL-Utah is u15-u18/19 in Utah.

I don't know what actually are the intentions for U15 or less are as I've only seen stuff that reference U15+ so far but that's all I'm interested in so maybe I just didn't tune in on time or noticed.

Back